Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2005, 15:26   #1
I am Banned

bulldog broadband

avoid this company at all costs and save yourself a world of grief..

after reading up on bulldog and seeing all the complaints and issues people had with them i still went ahead with using them because of the 8mb unlimited offer they have thinking well not everyone can be having problems and that peopel only seem to take the time to critisise a company when having problems but never take the time to say if they get a good service

how wrong i was

i am forever having to reset my modem because they have serious DNS issues at their end so yo can never have a trouble free surfing session and its even worse if you are gaming online as you suddenly loose your connection and get booted out the game

the telephone line they provide is awfull yo get an echo of yourself coming back at you through the head piece and no its not my phone ive tried 3 others

the telephone lines are forever going down as well making it impossible to make or recieve calls

i have just sighned back up to NTL as their phone package is pretty decent but i made the mistake of getting their internet as they now have limits on how much bandwidth you can use and believe me just surfing can use it up pretty quick with todays websites

customer service is a joke i spend 7 days phoning before i got to speak to the worlds buggest dumbass who probably couldnt find the spacebar on a keyboard

it took over 1 week to reply to an email

any bulldog broadband = pain , suffering and high blood pressure

i am not alone here by the way there are thousands of bulldog customers with the same issues just google bulldog and find them , i reakon there are plenty more but they cant get onto the net to complain lol
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-11-2005, 19:27   #2
God Member

Re: bulldog broadband

I have seen the adverts but never come accross a user. Me I am sticking with BT.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 20:05   #3
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
, i reakon there are plenty more but they cant get onto the net to complain lol
I said those very same words to Busman earlier this evening. I am getting thoroughly fed up of "accringtonweb cannot be found" etc. We've only had the phone line down once (where's a bit of wood to touch?) but we have had total lack of internet connection one day.

Bulldog won't speak to me about any problems because the contract is in Busman's name but they are never available when he is home!

Oh yes, the echo on the phone line - I'm glad that's not just me.

We had problems with AOL. I previously had problems with Wannadoo and now we've got problems with Bulldog! We can't opt out yet because we're only at the start of the contract. All we can do is hope it gets better. Surely it can't get worse? Can it?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 00:08   #4
I am Banned

bulldog is on a month to month basis

email them and tell thm you want to quit and save a copy of your email as proof that you notified them
Old 07-11-2005, 07:43   #5
Resident Waffler

Ours isn't chav. We signed up for a special offer which got us the first month as a freebie and then the next few at a special low rate. It's a contract. We're still in the intro stages. We got a free router too.

Old 07-11-2005, 09:17   #6
God Member

If they are failing to deliver the service they state then they are in breach of the contract and it can be terminated at any time. Speak to trading standards. Contracts are there to protect both sides.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:56   #7
Resident Waffler

I'd like to speak to fliippin Bulldog first but they won't speak to me cos it's in Busman's name! I could spit feathers. The daft thing is that they send emails to me!

Old 08-11-2005, 03:26   #8
I am Banned

ring cable and wireless

they own bulldog and are more helpfull than the plebs at bulldog HQ
Old 08-11-2005, 19:33   #9
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I so glad I read this thread as the TV advert impressed me into having a look at joining, not now no, no, no.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 00:53   #10
I am Banned

heres one site you should read before joining them

http://www.bulldoghell.co.uk/

click opn the forums link on the left

Quote:
My Bulldog story

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had been a customer of Bulldog Broadband right up until a week before the 12th August 2005 when I tried phoning their finance department to sort out an over charging. I made something like 50 phone calls and on one occasion, left the phone and took my wife shopping and returned two hours later and picked up the phone to wait another hour before it was answered.
I asked for a PUK code as I was `considering` moving my account. I had a telephone call from Bulldog Complaints dept who assured me they would sort out my billing problem and they were going to improve their customer service response and why not give them another chance. So I agreed to leave my account where it was and went on holiday.
I came back on 5th August 2005 and had an e-mail from Bulldog stating they were terminating my account as from 12th August 2005. I must have made 100 telephone calls and managed to get through to their `customer service dept` on maybe five occasions. I was passed from pillor to post with no-one able to resolve my problem. Not one single person at Bulldog was able to stop the termination of my account. Not a singer customer service representative was able to do anything and in fact one told me "to F*** off if I didn`t like it".
Requests for a return phone calls did not happen and I must have sent dozens of e-mails with not one ever receiving a reply save the automatic responses.
I spent half my life on the telephone to Bulldog waiting for hours for an answer.
I was forced to move my account to another service provider and Bulldog blocked the move for about a month leaving me with no service at all. My new supplier could not activate the account as Bulldog had failed to inform BT wholesale that they no longer had the account. BT could not release the line and this involved dozens more phone calls to Bulldog.
I eventually got a new service provider and a new Broadband account and then complained to Bulldog formally and even threatened legal action to recover my costs. A lady from their complaints department rang me to apologise and said my account should never have been terminated in the way it had been and agreed to refund my costs and August subscription.
There then followed at least a dozen phone calls to actually get that money from them; two further threats of court action before I eventually got any action.
So the divorce from Bulldog was final at last...or so I though until yesterday an envelope arrive from them asking for my Bulldog equipment back by return of post. I have never ever had any Bulldog equipment only my own which I purchased. So there followed a further two calls where during the first one, when I complained about how poor the company was the lady in their customer services said "Oh f*** off" and terminated my call. I rang back and another lady laughed down the phone at me saying "sorry I am laughing but your story is so funny"
I have also complained to OfCom and they are toothless and useless.
I have no doubt now that Bulldog will pursue me for imaginary equipment they think I have and I shall now play their game.
Bulldog have not improved their customer service. They employ poorly trained individuals many of whom cannot speak English properly. They have no concept of customer service at all and dispite all their promises to improve I would sincerely warn anyone from signing up with this company for anything.
You do so at your peril. There are plenty of other good companies out there who offer a much better service than Bulldog.

Last edited by chav1; 09-11-2005 at 01:19.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:45   #11
Resident Waffler

Quote:
They employ poorly trained individuals many of whom cannot speak English properly.
They aren't the only ones!

Old 10-11-2005, 18:03   #12
God Member

For people with DNS problems, use this DNS server (its another ISP, but works..)

I personaly can only find fault with the DNS servers (and I only changed to this other one because bulldogs was down for 30mins one night..
bulldog all the way <3 24mb around xmas time apparently!
Old 10-11-2005, 18:51   #13
Resident Waffler

I've just been talking to Bulldog and they told us to use 83.146.21.5 with alternative as 83.146.21.6

That gets me working fine and dandy but Busman's won't work at all!

Oh yes and they told me to opt for the automatic IP thingy.

Old 10-11-2005, 21:00   #14
I am Banned

http://www.bulldog-hell.com/phpBB2/index.php

another site with tips for bulldog

oh and even more unhappy customers
Old 10-11-2005, 21:28   #15
God Member

Nice Cyfr, GIve them Pipex's DNS so all us that pay for good internet service get our DNS service hammered

Ian
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..