Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Less
  • 1 Post By Studio25
  • 1 Post By Margaret Pilkington
  • 1 Post By churchfcrules

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2013, 19:38   #1
Senior Member+

Do you have Xbox360 and let kids....

This is a bit long....

.....Bit of a mess sorted out today....

Starts Saturday. I am with my friend at Tesco petrol station and I check my balance in the bank my wage goes into.

"Huh I am overdrawn" my friend hears me say. "How can you be overdrawn already?" I get paid monthly and usually skintish a week or two before payday.

I had no idea! I thought perhaps buying four Mark Eitzel tickets(two shows) and two Everclear tickets, That new Raspberry Pi with the 512mb, A new case for the new Raspberry Pi, That PS3 game I bought and a few more indulgences - That I had gone a bit mad and I had overspent....

I did a transfer online from ISA to the bank account to cover overdraft and such.

This morning. I thought. " I will draw £5 " from that bank machine at TSB in town...

WHAT! Overdrawn again. Now this is strange. What is going on? I though. Stewing about it all day at work, first thing I did when I got home was log onto my internet banking. 4 additional transactions from the weekend I did not make!.

03/02/13 DEBIT CARD AUTH £42.50 DR
03/02/13 DEBIT CARD AUTH £4.25 DR
01/02/13 DEBIT CARD AUTH £17.00 DR
01/02/13 DEBIT CARD AUTH £42.50 DR

That explains that. I rang the bank and they tell me its paypal(full info doesn't appear on account till days later)

I looked at my Paypal and boom payments for Microsoft points! A LOT of Microsoft points.

So moral of this is.. If you have children; be really careful and set up a special account from the start. It cannot be changed later....

Then the security is just a stupid four button code that can be guessed with intent..... My nephew is 14/15 years old now and knew better(when I looked on screen and you couldn't do it accidentally it says 5000 points £42.50 but he still went ahead with it. I don't know why after all I have done for him. I gave him his own PC recently and bought him and his sister android tablets for xmas...

I am pretty gutted to be honest... My parents paid me back and its coming out of his "pocket money" £5 per week.

I rang Microsoft and the only solution was to cancel the subscription which removed my paypal details...Then they sent me vouchers for the rest of the Xbox Live Subscription.
Old 04-02-2013, 20:22   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Do you have Xbox360 and let kids....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
My nephew is 14/15 years old now and knew better(when I looked on screen and you couldn't do it accidentally it says 5000 points £42.50 but he still went ahead with it. I don't know why after all I have done for him. I gave him his own PC recently and bought him and his sister android tablets for xmas...
Don't have him grounded, send him down Churchills to fix the roof.

That'll larn him!
Restless likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 21:09   #3
Beacon of light

You live and learn...and what you learn is that the lessons life teaches have to be paid for.....and they are never cheap.
Now, thanks to you Rob, those parents out there that have X-boxes will perhaps know to supervise their children when using them......so that they don't get the kind of surprise(no, shock) that you got.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 22:09   #4
Senior Member+

You can make an adult account straight off then make an additional kids user. I never set up Xbox initially. But four digit code made using Xbox
pad you could get careless and kids watch you do it. This ain't the first time he has stolen money. He stole £60 out of money jar before and weeks later they bought him 32" LCD 1080 tv
Old 05-02-2013, 00:58   #5

If it's any consolation, Restless, kids aren't all like that. My lad has been in tonight and just handed over £30 of his Christmas cash so I can put it on his Steam ID so he can buy a couple of games.

Mind you - he's totally weird. What sort of 13 year old wants "Euro Truck Simulator"?????
Restless likes this.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:41   #6
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post

Mind you - he's totally weird. What sort of 13 year old wants "Euro Truck Simulator"?????
A kind and thoughtful one Studio.......be grateful, he might not always be like that.
Studio25 likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:50   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
If it's any consolation, Restless, kids aren't all like that. My lad has been in tonight and just handed over £30 of his Christmas cash so I can put it on his Steam ID so he can buy a couple of games.

Is that the one with the bonus level of "find the illegal, strapped to your axle"?
DaveinGermany likes this.

join me on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/61983378@N07/
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:10   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
Is that the one with the bonus level of "find the illegal, strapped to your axle"?
Not as far as I'm aware - I have to admit that if it doesn't have hatchback drivers randomly pulling in front of the truck and then slowing down, it's hardly going to be a "simulation"

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..