Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2003, 21:47   #1
Caz
God Member

Post Evidence Eliminator

Evidence Eliminator: - Anybody heard of them?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-08-2003, 22:08   #2
Caz
God Member

Post Re: Evidence Eliminator

They sell evidence erasing software. Before I had a firewall installed, they popped up on my computer. Showed me a picture of my desktop with all my files on it. Just who are these guys catering for? Perverts it seems to me. The advertising they were using at the time was quite disgusting too, don't know if it still is, haven't checked there site lately

- Oscar Wilde
Old 09-08-2003, 23:53   #3

There are loads of progs Caz. that get rid of files on the computer, which show what sites etc. that you have been too...

Like you say, what's the point if you have nothing to hide ???
Old 10-08-2003, 12:01   #4
Resting in Peace

If you Bought anything over the net then you have something to hide
your card number :-X
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 15:17   #5
Caz
God Member

Yeah but the way they advertise, they seem to be catering for something else, and it's toned down a bit from what I saw!

- Oscar Wilde
Old 10-08-2003, 16:19   #6

They do cater for something else, and we all know what. It aimed at people who are using works computers and computers that other people have access too.
Bit sad if you ask me.
Old 10-08-2003, 22:35   #7
Resting in Peace

Stuff like this is of more use to companys rather than the individual
Old 10-08-2003, 22:38   #8
Resting in Peace

[quote author=damers link=board=cchl;num=1060205996;start=0#5 date=08/10/03 at 17:19:41]They do cater for something else, and we all know what. It aimed at people who are using works computers and computers that other people have access too.
Bit sad if you ask me.[/quote]
i agree with you it is sad but there is money to be made out of it
Old 11-08-2003, 10:27   #9
Caz
God Member

[quote author=mick link=board=cchl;num=1060205996;start=0#6 date=08/10/03 at 23:35:21]Stuff like this is of more use to companys rather than the individual [/quote]

Useful to paedophiles to, dont you think!!! ???, that's what I was meaning.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 11-08-2003, 11:03   #10

At the end of the day its not useful in any sense. How the eliminator works is this way, when you have files, they each have a section in the hard drive, and when they are erased all that really happens is that these sections are overlayed by 'empty' sections so it looks like they are erased. All the police need to do is remove these empty files and they find whats underneath. You can never really remove anything from a harddrive. If you look hard enough you will find what you are looking for.
Old 11-08-2003, 11:09   #11
Caz
God Member

Yes, I know that, but how many of these people have gone undetected for ages, because no one has seen any evidence on their computer, and has appeared a normal upstanding citizen. A lot of them are only caught when their PC is taken in for repair, and findings are reported.  

- Oscar Wilde
Old 11-08-2003, 11:13   #12

Well there is no way of checking these people. At the end of the day, everyone has protection laws, and thier computers cannot be searched without a warrant.
I agree it is terrible, and registered peadophiles should have regular computer checks, and shouldnt even be allowed to have internet access.
Old 22-08-2003, 11:05   #13
Junior Member+

I have EE I also have bullet proof spyware ad ware remover.

When I first ran spayware remover it went on for ages.

It gives you a list of spyware, adware on your computer.

I have a firewall and couldn't belive the amount of stuff on my comp that a few of them could communicate with their source without me knowing.

After looking closer into all this stuff and reading up on message groups etc. I got hold of EE.

Not only does it clear loads of space on your HD you get the added benifit from clearing up your mess so knowone can retrive it.

Yeah handy for perves. They can clear all their pics so knowone can get them back.

But as a post above said.

Have ou ever bought anything online?

Have you filled out forms with your name and address and phone number?

It's all their on your HD somewhere. Clean it up!

I also have another program called Window Washer. This just does a major clean up.

In the couple of months I have used it it has cleaned 2.6 GIG

Thats a lot of saved space.

Anyway just thought I'd chip in  ;D

Cya
kezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2003, 11:13   #14
I am Banned

Quote:
Have ou ever bought anything online?

Have you filled out forms with your name and address and phone number?

It's all their on your HD somewhere. Clean it up!
Gross missinformation... Every shopping cart I ever made or contributed to will NOT save any info on the users HD. Show me 5 shopping carts out of the thousands upon thousands available that do what your telling everyone ?? Forms? Imagine the room you would need if all the info you fill in is saved on your HD

It's not all saved so why are you telling people it is.. And exactly who wants go to all the trouble it takes to hack into my computer to find my name and address. All they ahve to do is ask

Every form?  You do realise that posting a message to this or any other messageboard is done by filling out a form...

Missinformation.. Worse than any known virus mate
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2003, 11:13   #15
Caz
God Member

My main problen With EE is the way they advertise.

The pop ups that they themselves were using, which I got on my computer, some of the stuff was disgusting.

Plus to anyone who knows very little about computers, their interrogative approach can be quiet scary.

Anyway Welcome to the forum Kezz!

- Oscar Wilde

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..