Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-11-2007, 12:19   #1
Senior Member+

Good Or Nasty

These computers are a great price and was just wondering if you computer people out there could point me towards the best one out of them

COMPAQ SG3002 - Order cheap computers online at Dixons UK

Accessories for HP G3001 & LITEVIEW 15.4 inch WIDESCREEN TFT Package | Comet

Accessories for ACER SA90 PD925 & LITEVIEW 15.4 inch WIDESCREEN TFT Package | Comet

Currys - Shop for PC and Monitor Only - EI systems 208+15"AD EI Systems 208 PC with 15 inch monitor

Compaq Presario SR5209 Desktop PC and TFT Monitor from PC World - Cheap Compaq Desktop Computers and the latest Compaq Desktop PC deals.

Thankyou

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-11-2007, 12:33   #2

Re: Good Or Nasty

Hiya

They look fine, depends on what you are wanting to use them for. The only thing to bear in mind is that a couple of these are the intel pentium D dual core systems. The processors have a habit of over-heating, making the fan go beserk- safe, but just not the quietest of machines lol.

I cant see anything blatantly obviously on whats wrong with them. I vote the HP one tho lol. Acer are nice and cheap but have been bad with quality, however I think that theyre getting better. HP are renowned for quality
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2007, 12:34   #3

I may be slightly biased tho
Old 23-11-2007, 13:02   #4
Senior Member+

Hehe thanks alot onlyme ! Any more views people , could do with them

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2007, 13:14   #5
God Member

I've lost touch a bit with the desktop market over the years but Compaq & HP were always renowned for quality. Not sure how they measure up these days, they probably use the same components anyway as they are the same company.
Old 23-11-2007, 16:30   #6

Compaq are the home pc brand and HP do the business side of things as a rule. However there is a bit of a crossover (high spec home user pcs) but its a bit of a guide. They are good quality, and have just taken over number 1 spot globally last year and number one in uk. The warranty is generally quite good if anything goes wrong as well

Hope that this helps
Old 23-11-2007, 16:34   #7
Senior Member+

It all depends what you want to do with your new PC.

Do you want top play the newest games?

All could be no good for what you want.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..