Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2006, 18:36   #1
God Member

help!

Ok my brother has decided he wants to buy a computer for his daughter and we've just spent a couple of hours in pc world on whitebirk ind est. They picked one out and they didnt have it in stock someone else had just sold the last one in stock. Ive come home and ive started rooting round on the net with what that comp had to see if we could get it cheaper. Any ideas - been on dell website, dell outlet and mesh comp. Anymore?
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-09-2006, 03:37   #2
I am Banned

Re: help!

i think scan still make custom build systems for all purpuses from high end to beginers systems and i would put anything they built over pc world , dell or any otheroutlet

www.scan.co.uk

give them a call and ask if they build sytems , will probably be cheaper as well as better
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2006, 19:49   #3
God Member

Had a look chav and they were more expensive than the one down road end. Thanks anyway
Old 19-09-2006, 15:42   #4

try dixons or comet and i believe asda sell computers now
Old 19-09-2006, 15:46   #5
Senior Member+

Have a look at "sell me something". It's in Darwen, near the police station. I bought my first pc from there. Good quality & reasonably priced,

http://www.sellmesomething.net/

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2006, 12:50   #6
God Member

its strange but you are now at least the 5th person I know of that has gone to PC world picked out a computer that looks a good deal only to be told its not in stock! same thing happend to me a couple of years ago, anyway looked up Dell online, picked a PC with the spec I wanted and made a print out.. took this to my local computer shop and after a little bartering got the same spec for £90 less+ a years warrenty that meant any problems I could simply drop off the base unit and pick it up when repaired.. I would try a local shop/outlet.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2006, 16:19   #7
Resident Waffler

There used to be a computer shop on Blackburn Rd at the bottom of Willows Lane. It's now totally empty. Anybody know what happened there? That's the only thing that worries me when dealing with a small local shop - will it still be there when my under guarantee item has a problem?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2006, 18:19   #8
God Member

My bro took the list down to the shop at road end and he swapped a few parts etc and doing it for £100 cheaper!
Old 22-09-2006, 13:18   #9
mez
God Member

mick & i have been to the place in darwen ...thanks accyjay for the web address im quite impressed..now then ...m......... walks off muttering where can i get some money from i just need i really need a laptop too.......
Old 22-09-2006, 13:22   #10
Senior Member+

Your more than welcome. Afterall, that's what we're all here for.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2006, 13:48   #11
Apprentice Geriatric

Smile Re: help!

You could try the computer shop in Rishton on the main road through to Clayton.

As you head for Clayton after the town centre lights it’s on the right on a corner just before you go over the canal bridge.

I have had nothing but good service from the guys in there.
Old 24-09-2006, 13:57   #12
Resident Waffler

Thanks Mez and Mick for my little surprise and if I can ever manage to get Busman free on a Saturday afternoon we might go and have a nosey at that shop in Darwen. I've had a look at the website.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2006, 21:20   #13
Senior Member+

www.microdirect.co.uk

based in manc - will deleiver - well known for good systems at good prices

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..