Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2007, 23:11   #1
Senior Member+

Help!! Any Ideas??

Whenever I turn on my computer I always get a message saying this in a box:

SmartBridge Alerts: MotiveSB.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point GetProcessingImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL.

It says OK in the box so I just click on that but its everytime I turn on the PC now, and its only come up recently. Anyone any idea as to what it means?? Any help greatful. Perhaps some Karma to anyone who can....
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-02-2007, 23:15   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Help!! Any Ideas??

Has this only happened since Chav came round to sort your computer out?

Next the drawer on your pc will probably start opening and closing by itself, and all the lights will flash on and off for no reason.

You've been Chaved.

Sorry, whoosh, over my head, but I hope you get it sorted.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2007, 23:23   #3
Senior Member+

Nah its way before then!! lol.

If i'm going to get little Chav ghosties round my PC i dont want him sorting it out!!!
Old 22-02-2007, 23:41   #4
Senior Member+

Bit of info.

Motive SmartBridge background task which appears as an Online Support icon in the System Tray. We believe it to be part of the Motive Broadband Manager stable of products from Motive Communications, although we are not 100% certain yet. Some descriptions of Motive Broadband Manager from the Motive website on 20‑Feb‑2004 : “Self-management software that automates the residential subscriber service and support experience” – “Performs automated troubleshooting and problem resolution” – “Proactively detects problems and guides subscribers through the resolution process.” – “Offers an escalation mechanism and process for resolving problems that require help from service providers. When self‑configuration or self-repair cannot resolve the issue, Motive Broadband Manager automatically escalates a support request electronically to the provider's customer service center, providing the information gathered during the self-service experience as a starting point to speed problem resolution.”. In our experience Motive Smartbridge is installed by the installation CD provided by a number of broadband ISPs, most notably, at the time of writing, Verizon, Adelphia.
Recommendation :
We simply cannot understand why ISPs insist on installing software like this on users PCs without thorough, thorough, thorough, and also....., thorough testing ! Frequent “Kernel32 invalid page faults” on boot-up is the most common complaint. But that’s not all : we have seen PC hangs and spontaneous reboots also being caused by this task. Add to this that this task regularly communicates information back to the ISP without, in most cases, the user ever having been informed clearly and unambiguously about what is being communicated, and you have a task which we recommend unequivocally that you eliminate. As we state consistently in these pages, ISPs have the technology to monitor the quality of their service to you the customer without any software from them running on your PC. They possess a range of diagnostic hardware and tests which can help them pinpoint problems with remarkable accuracy, so do not ever believe any statement which infers that you need software like Motive Smartbridge running for your ISP to be able to support you ! We have frequent contacts with our own ISP and the range of tests they can perform, and their ability to home in on the exact problem, is absolutely stunning. You have two choices : the quick and easy solution if you do not want to “mess around” too much with your PC is simply to disable this task on the Startups tab.

And dont forget Google.
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...e+Search&meta=

HTH
Old 22-02-2007, 23:59   #5
Senior Member+

Well Mr D all that bumph meant nothing to me. So just clicked on the google link and low and behold a link to a forum where someone had asked the very same question, and voila!! the answer. Have sorted it!

Thanks.
Old 23-02-2007, 07:33   #6
Resident Waffler

How did you do it Lolly? Did you rename it or disable it?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 09:35   #7
I am Banned

I kept getting that & i uninstalled bt online help & no more error message So it possibly came from Isp disk or installation for online help.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 10:08   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
How did you do it Lolly? Did you rename it or disable it?
I renamed it. I still dont really know what it is. But its gone now so Hey Ho!!
Old 23-02-2007, 11:32   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly View Post
Well Mr D all that bumph meant nothing to me. So just clicked on the google link and low and behold a link to a forum where someone had asked the very same question, and voila!! the answer. Have sorted it!

Thanks.
Glad it helped you.

« Dead PC | pop ups »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..