Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2003, 08:13   #1
Caz
God Member

Post Internet Copyright

Question for Harry.
Where do I stand as regards copyright on pictures if I can't trace the copyright holder.
If I put in a statement to that effect and offered to remove the pics if requested, would that suffice?
I'm thinking mainly about old pics of Accy ???

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-07-2003, 08:23   #2
I am Banned

Post Re: Internet Copyright

There are copyright clauses for fair use but thats part use I beleive.... I see you are using fotopic.. now where did ya get that idea

I honestly wouldn't know the answer... I have an offer to remove from my collections but thats in case anyone takes offence to having the pic or members of there family pictured online for whatever reasons... I have five thousand pics online and bar half a dozen.. there all mine .. the other 6 or so are there on request of the author

Pictures on the internet has always been a dodgy subject as its 100% impossible to stop people copying them.  I would put a clear dissclaimer that you ahve done all you can to contact the copyright owner and that you will remove on request....  BUT you will always be leaving yourself open to trouble if you copy I am afraid.

Web myths dispelled.........
You cant stop people downloading your pictures.
You can't ban someone from a messageboard.
You can't hide HTML/Javascript etc sourcecode.
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2003, 08:34   #3
Caz
God Member

Hey! No I actually spotted a fotopic album somewhere yonks ago.
Then thought I'd used them on all my sites to save the megs.
I've linked your Out & About pics to the Boys' Brigade site as
we were in the Carnival and you had a couple of our float in there.
1st Church BB Photo Album

- Oscar Wilde
Old 22-07-2003, 08:41   #4
I am Banned

Just had a look.. Your link to the Out and About collection doesnt work... I think I may have renamed the collection.. but a couple of weeks ago..

The carnival was great this year.. I organised the Accrington Stanley supporters club float...That was the first time I have done that so all a bit iffy.. Should be better for the next carnival
Old 22-07-2003, 09:35   #5
Senior Member+

Its a real problem is copyright, believe you me, - most of the photos of old Accy are in the library anyway, and you most certainly cant use them.  I have now solved it on my site by having a copyright sign open up each time sometime looks at one of my photos

June
accringtonuncovered.co.uk
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2003, 10:33   #6
I am Banned

June. I ahve just added a link from my Accrington Photo site to yours.. at (www.kipax.com) if you would like to return the link.. Ta
Old 22-07-2003, 13:20   #7
Caz
God Member

Will add a link to Springhill Spotlight later June.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 08-09-2003, 07:17   #8
Senior Member+

Copyright.You are allowed by law to put pictures on the internet or anywhere else in fact so long as they are free for use and you are not trying to make money on them.The whole ides of copyright is to basically make sure other people do not make money on at somebody elses expense
Old 08-09-2003, 07:50   #9
I am Banned

The point of copyright is so no one else claims yours as theres. Money isn't the point at all. Yet again missinformation. Are you sure you have all them GCSEs?
Old 08-09-2003, 17:33   #10
Roy
Administrator

indeed harry - another example could be this forum software. I didn't write it, but I use it and it is credited to the appropriate people (see bottom of page) but if I wanted to make money from it (by using banner adds etc.) it isn't a problem so long as the writers are still credited, and they don't even want any money from me, ever!  So I can make money from their expense, using their copyrighted material and if im blabbing sorry, cos its 01:30 here and I've been drinking! (yawn )
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..