Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2004, 13:26   #1
Senior Member+

Unhappy msn

Hello i know we all have problems with msn from time to time but mine is soo annoying.

At the minute i cant log in it says my user name or password is wrong, it isn't. when i go to explorer it cant find the web page this goes on for a couple of days then it starts working again!! poo,

is there any way i can avoid this or get it to work its really annoying as i cant send or receive e-mail.

thank you kindly.
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-11-2004, 14:39   #2
Senior Member+

Re: msn

Mine was doing the exact same MUMIBOO early last month.

It kept saying my username and password was incorrect I thought someone had hacked into my account!

I left it switched off for a few days and now it hasn't played up since.....No probs at all
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 08:47   #3
Senior Member+

Thanks smiffy, but its been off for 3 days now its soo annoying!!

I want e-mail.
Old 04-11-2004, 21:52   #4
Senior Member+

Its been nearly a week now and still nothing!

The worst thing is i cant email msn to let them know cause i got no email.

im not a happy chappie.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:50   #5
Senior Member+

oh well doomed for a life knowing i got email but cant read it! im going to set up a i hate msn campaign its still not back on, it probably wont come back on now ive probably done something to it and now it hates me and wont come back. Gone lost forever.

And to make matters worse nobody seems to be able to help me! oh well
Old 05-11-2004, 16:58   #6

Have you tried changing your password? You never work it could work, doubt it, but you just don't know.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 08:39   #7
Senior Member+

hiya sara, i tried that last time but the page i need cant be found! i rand dell who i bought the computer from and they said they can sort it for £30 but i begrudge paying that much when i know its somthing and nothing.

Last edited by MUMMIBOO; 08-11-2004 at 08:39. Reason: spelling
Old 08-11-2004, 09:38   #8
Senior Member+

Sara, i just want to say thank you soo much i just tried to change my password on the off chance and it worked im really chuffed now thank you.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:10   #9
God Member

Mummiboo,
Just a couple of things.
Always have at least two email accounts so that if one stops working you can use the other to contact the tech support of the non working one. At worst case sign up with someone like Wanadoo or Tiscali or at a last gasp Hotmail.

With regard to your original query, what ISP do you use? It could be something as simple as the entry in their servers for MSN being out of date. Without wanting to get into the techie stuff behind it your computer asks your ISP for a web page. It looks up the address in its 'Big Black Book'. If this entry is wrong this would cause the problems you experienced. If you have more than one dial up account you can test that it isn't one ISP that is causing the problem.

E.g you normal ISP is Wanadoo, you are having a problem. if by connecting through Tiscali the service works this proves that Wanadoo is at fault. If it still didn't work it would prove that the problem was with MSN.

Hope this helps some

Ian
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 15:23   #10

my friends used to do that so she just started another and nothingins happened since it prob just sum1 who doens't know u just loggin in. msn is great but make sure you keep your pass work a sectet sorry i can't really help there. love princess
princesshales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 15:26   #11
Resting in Peace

instead of using msn change to 1 called PALTALK its a lot better and you dont get all the rubbish with it
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 06:32   #12
God Member

Mmm, looks just like a multi protocol IM client to me. Probably the best and most developed of these is GAIM. Availiable for Windows, Linux and Mac.

For those who don't know what it is. It allows you to manage your MSN, AOL/Netscape, Jabber, Yahoo Instant messenger accounts all from one program.

For those of you who have friends who use different systems it makes it a lot easier to see who is online and to manage all your chats from one place.

Ian
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..