Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2003, 07:39   #1
Caz
God Member

Post Outlook Express

Anyone have problems with Outlook Express?

It's always asking for my password, even though it's set to let me in in without it, then when I give it, it won't accept it. If I leave it and go back to it later, it's fine

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-07-2003, 08:16   #2
I am Banned

Post Re: Outlook Express

I wont use it.. 90% of worms, Trogans and so called virus are aimed at MS products.... I love the browser and use it but I wont use the email software as its wide open to attack.

Forte Agent for more years than I care to remeber Perfect for mail and usenet.  An it only accepts plain text emails as should be.
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2003, 08:22   #3

I use full outlook and I had this problem when I first upgraded(?) to windows xp prof. Because I was the administrator it didn't want to write to the admin password file and so I had to re enter every time. I got fed up and just created a normal login with admin rights and that solved it. Don't know if thats the only solution but it worked for me.
ukbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2003, 08:23   #4
Caz
God Member

So what's my alternative. I've just changed to Virgin internet, which I find is brilliant, but they don't have their own email thingy like AOHell.
I find yahoo is pretty slow.
What's forte agent ???

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2003, 12:36   #5
Resting in Peace

i used to have the same problem  ???
but since i went over to broadband it never asked for my password
dont know whats changed but it works fine.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2003, 13:51   #6
Junior Member+

We have used MS Outlook "not MS Outlook Express" for the last few years, it has worked very well, i have just checked the contents of my MS Outlook....there are over 6 thousand emails in there...we also run the McAfee anti virus software...they seem to work well together....im off to back my mail up.

Hugh.
Hugh Jampton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2003, 14:38   #7
Resting In Peace

I have the same trouble with Outlook Express but in my case it is a recurring problem with my ISP (Ntl), it seems to be working well at the moment but it has been known to be as you describe for a couple of days at a time till they adjust  the system.
Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2003, 16:57   #8
Resting in Peace

im with ntl broadband and it works ok on here never had any problems once the system was set up
i was with ntl on dialup (yuk) but it ran ok on this too ???
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..