Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-10-2011, 17:43   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Problems with AccyWeb

Not had any problems what-so-ever and I'm on windows 7 with IE9
Old 18-10-2011, 08:40   #17

I access this site on my mobile and usually use the browser Opera Mini. I have not been able to get on for the last few days, so I am now using the phone's built-in browser. I'm back!
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2011, 16:51   #18
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
I access this site on my mobile and usually use the browser Opera Mini. I have not been able to get on for the last few days, so I am now using the phone's built-in browser. I'm back!
You are the second user I know who cant get on using Opera mini, I suggested the other tried a different phone browser. What what I understand Opera access the site for you and then send you a modified version that is smaller data wise to your mobile. I could be wrong (often am)
Old 18-10-2011, 16:52   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
You are the second user I know who cant get on using Opera mini, I suggested the other tried a different phone browser. What what I understand Opera access the site for you and then send you a modified version that is smaller data wise to your mobile. I could be wrong (often am)
i don't know how to get another browser on my piggin phone, thats why i didnt do it
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2011, 17:38   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
i don't know how to get another browser on my piggin phone, thats why i didnt do it
I'll be blowed if I can get another browser on my laptop Shazmind you I'm quite happy with the one I have now
Old 18-10-2011, 18:01   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
That's correct, Neil. It means you use less of your data allowance and, hence, you have more data time per month.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2011, 20:47   #22
God Member

You lot wouldnt be allowed an internet connection... Geesh, if you cant install a different browser what chance if you having a secure internet connected computer...

(yes, I'm taking the pee but seriously, if you cant install an alternative, how do you know there isn't something better out there.... ) it's a bit like still driving around in a 1970 s car because you didn't know that they had got better and then crashing into the shiny new car in front because he has much better tyres and brakes....

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2011, 22:06   #23
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
You lot wouldnt be allowed an internet connection... Geesh, if you cant install a different browser what chance if you having a secure internet connected computer...

(yes, I'm taking the pee but seriously, if you cant install an alternative, how do you know there isn't something better out there.... ) it's a bit like still driving around in a 1970 s car because you didn't know that they had got better and then crashing into the shiny new car in front because he has much better tyres and brakes....
Now now Ian, calm down, a lot of people don't even know where the oil filter is on there car. So things like browsers might mean goats feeding.
Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2011, 08:52   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
You lot wouldn't be allowed an internet connection... Geesh, if you cant install a different browser what chance if you having a secure internet connected computer...

Entwisi if you play golf and you find a putter you like you have no need to look for a different one, I'm quite happy with IE9 as I have been with its predecessors, so I'm okay as I am
Old 19-10-2011, 08:53   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Now now Ian, calm down, a lot of people don't even know where the oil filter is on there car. So things like browsers might mean goats feeding.
Retlaw.
oil filter, whats that Retlaw
Old 19-10-2011, 09:17   #26
God Member

Ian stop being a plank, i don't know how to install it on my phone, does that make me as thick as you're making people out to be?

GROW UP !!!
Old 19-10-2011, 09:46   #27
God Member

I don't see why people fuss about getting the latest mobile phone.

Life was easier in the days of the watch and the Walkman.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2011, 09:47   #28
God Member

i don't think its about a fuss Margaret, it's just a sign of the times, things change, we just go with the flow
Old 19-10-2011, 09:53   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
i don't think its about a fuss Margaret, it's just a sign of the times, things change, we just go with the flow
I understand - it's the need to be part of the herd.
I admire the people who want to be different.
Materialism is dying a death anyway - soon a watch will be a luxury item.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2011, 10:04   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I understand - it's the need to be part of the herd.
I admire the people who want to be different.
Materialism is dying a death anyway - soon a watch will be a luxury item.
To be honest Margaret, although I don't go out that much these days and have the time jumping out at me on my computer and TV screen, I still feel naked without my watch, Its the last thing I take of at night and the first thing I put on in a morning

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..