Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2004, 16:19   #1
Resident Waffler

saving animated gifs

In the past I've visited free smiley sites and simply been able to right click and save as a gif but all of a sudden I have a problem. The only option I'm getting now is to save as a bitmap and that only saves one frame (the one current when I right click).

Does anyone know why this can have happened and what I can do to get back to the status quo?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-09-2004, 17:59   #2
Senior Member+

Re: saving animated gifs

Ask Len willow, he's good on that.
Old 14-09-2004, 18:49   #3
Len
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet
Ask Len willow, he's good on that.
Thanks janet but I'm afraid this ones a bit over my head.
Sorry Willow.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2004, 21:42   #4
Resident Waffler

Oh well................maybe somebody knows. ???

Old 14-09-2004, 22:11   #5
Senior Member+

Depending on what system your on you may need to update I found I cound'nt save animation then I did a windows update and lo and behold big Bill Gates to the rescue, also it may be what site you are on some say free but they wont work unless you send for the disc or download a toolbar or such like. Give it a try and I will ask at work and see if any of the geeks know.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2004, 22:16   #6
Senior Member+

Ok back from geek city (computer room) answer.........

The option to save as jpeg is not available: Clear your Temporary Internet Files, then try again.

Go to IE/Internet Options/Delete Files. Also in Settings change the amount to 40 MB. This will help in preventing the index files from becoming overloaded.

If that doesn't help check your settings here: Start/Run/Regedit

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg. For Content Type, it should read "image/jpeg". HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpeg. For content Type, it should read: image/jpeg
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.gif. For Content Type is should read "image/gif"

If it already set to that, go to Start, Run and type in: regsvr32 /i shdocvw.dll, regsvr32 /i shdoc401.dll,regsvr32 webvw.dll and regsvr32 thumbvw.dll (for upgrades).

NOTE: If you are using AOL:

This behavior may occur when AOL's graphic compression option is turned on. When this option is on, the images are saved as the .art file type.

Connect to the Internet through AOL, and then visit the following AOL Web site: www.aol.com. Click My AOL. On the Settings menu, click Preferences.
In the Preferences dialog box, click Internet Options (WWW). In the Internet Options dialog box, click to clear the Always Compress Graphics dialog box. Click to select the Never Compress Graphics dialog box. Click Apply, and then click OK.

Hope it helps

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2004, 07:02   #7
Resident Waffler

Thank you Bazf and assorted geeks.

Looks like that has cracked it. It must have been a combination of things but eventually working through it all I seem to be back to normal.

Now all I have to do is remember that if it ever happens again. Apparently brain cells start to die off from about age 21 so I must have lost half of mine by now!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..