Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-07-2006, 00:35   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Question virus problem

i keep getting the same 4/5 infections daily? i remove 1 to vault but the other3 i do not get the option to do that so i have to hide the other 3 in archives, have no idea,but suspect thats why the damn thing keeps returning? anyone any ideas how i can rid myself of the sodding thing? its becoming a real problem.
Old 19-07-2006, 00:47   #2
Senior Member+

Re: virus problem

I've never had a virus Cash, but I do get problems when I do too much searching on the internet. I had a nasty one earlier this week which kept putting annoying adverts up.

I just went into system restore and moved back a few days. Sorted.

Someone who is more clever than I am will sort it for you I'm sure x

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 18:36   #3
Junior Member+

have you sorted it???
elite_dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 00:00   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elite_dimension
have you sorted it???
no still happening daily
Old 21-07-2006, 06:32   #5
God Member

There is of course a couple of options.

Initially, try using an online virus checker to see if that is any better than what you have installed. (You don't mention which AV software you are running)

Then try installing a couple of teh free AVs liek AVG and let them have a go.

Then you have a choice of system restore although I'm not a big fan as it doesn't actually remove any infected files.

Finally there is the sledgehammer approach that needs soem one like me to do. (Take a Linux live CD, boot your PC from that, mount the drives and then remove the files from there.)

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 10:29   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

my anti virus is AVG entwi it lets me move 1 to the vault but the others i can only hide in archives, i'm wondering if thats why its coming back daily?
Old 21-07-2006, 10:33   #7
God Member

which virus is it(it will have a specific name)

Old 21-07-2006, 10:39   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
which virus is it(it will have a specific name)
java/byteverify and the ones i move to archives are black box class verifier bug class beyond class and count jar 53bb8bc5-6651 dont know what any of this means.
Old 21-07-2006, 10:53   #9
God Member

Make sure you empty the virus vault and then rescan, do this a couple of times emptying the vault each time and it should come up OK

Old 21-07-2006, 11:12   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Make sure you empty the virus vault and then rescan, do this a couple of times emptying the vault each time and it should come up OK
have been doing that entwi for a week now but it still returns the next day
Old 21-07-2006, 12:35   #11
God Member

is it always in teh same place? can you post the location that it finds it in.

Old 21-07-2006, 13:13   #12
Junior Member+

try hijackthis its a free d/load of the net download and scan my pc now send me the results and i will tell what to remove that is if u have already done it
gazlivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 14:51   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
is it always in teh same place? can you post the location that it finds it in.
always in c:/ documents ar entwi. just got another result object= c:\documents and settings\user\applicationdata\su beats the crap out of me.

Last edited by cashman; 21-07-2006 at 16:04.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2006, 10:19   #14

First things first mate, update you antivirus software by right-clicking it in the taskbar and choosing 'check for updates' and in the option box that appears click internet. Next, I would recommend downloading both Spybot - Search and Destroy and Lavasoft's Ad-Aware from http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html and http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-...bj=dl&tag=top5 respectively, these are both freeware programs. Run Spybot first, then ad-aware, then do a full system scan with AVG. These are the three programs I use, and I have no problems, just remember to update every few days. it may come up as a virus with AVG, but it could well be adware or spyware. Hope this helps

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2006, 14:51   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

thanks diesel but i already have all those, micks been down this morning and changed me firewall which apperently was crappy= so far so good so will see how i go on with that.thanks again for the suggestion.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..