Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2015, 07:00   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Windows 10

Mick, my phone, iPad and an old laptop running win7 would connect to WiFi as soon as they booted up. The main PC which is a Toshiba stand alone flat screen running Win 8 always connected to my router but not the internet until I disconnected and connected maybe three times.
I Googled Q&A and discovered it was a fault with Win8.
It's an instant connection now with Win10
I don't spend much time using my PC so haven't explored Win 10 fully but up to now I'm happy with what I use it for.
I don't think I would have paid for it though, it's only really a new way of accessing the software installed.
Old 13-08-2015, 04:55   #47
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I don't think I would have paid for it though, it's only really a new way of accessing the software installed.
this is true I would not pay for it
if it had not been a free upgrade I would have stayed with windows 8.1
Gremlin likes this.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2015, 20:11   #48

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

No problems on my 2 year old low spec laptop.

On my brand spankin' new alienware desktop...minor problem with my cursor travelling off my screen to the right into the twilight zone (turned out to be an Nvidia issue) and chrome browser needing an uninstall/reinstall after it refused point blank to open.

And I put Cortana back in her cage
Old 21-08-2015, 16:24   #49
Senior Member+

Installed and running OK on M's and my LT, but still finding my way around.
One problem found already - on W7 M used Adblocker on one of her favourite games - Words with Friends which was very successful. However Adblocker does not appear to work on W10 and I have also tried a couple of other advert blocker programmes without success.
Can anyone recommend a programme that will work on W10?
Old 21-08-2015, 22:33   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
One problem found already - on W7 M used Adblocker on one of her favourite games - Words with Friends which was very successful. However Adblocker does not appear to work on W10 and I have also tried a couple of other advert blocker programmes without success.
What browsers are you using? As long as its either Chrome/Firefox use ublock origin
Old 22-08-2015, 09:14   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
What browsers are you using? As long as its either Chrome/Firefox use ublock origin
Thanks R. She is using IE and as I said did not have a problem when on W7. I will try your suggestion over the weekend, thank you.
Old 22-08-2015, 19:51   #52

no all your data is kept installed it myself no problems so far.
xaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 15:28   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
suggestion try ghostery
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 19:13   #54

Ad blocker works on my W10 using Firefox.
TubbyLes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 22:58   #55
Senior Member+

Ublockorigin is miles better than both of those
Old 17-09-2015, 14:45   #56

Well I took the plunge, "upgraded" from Windows 8.1 it worked alright for a week or so, then automatic updates sent the P.C. into a boot loop. Constantly rebooting, I eventually got the computer working, only to find that it again went through the same Groundhog Day on switching on the next time I used the computer.
I have now reverted to Windows8.1,and have noticed that the" Get Windows 10 "icon has reappeared.
As a few people have commented I think that I will wait for a more stable upgrade to appear. Apparently Microsoft warn that not all graphic cards are yet supported.
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2015, 16:22   #57
God Member

funny enough iv done the upgrade on a lot of laptops now and not had any issues

even laptops that came with windows vista dual core processors are coping fine

maybe its a certain chipset people are having trouble with because so far the nvidia chipsets iv had in the systems have coped and the few intle chipsets like dell systems and HP have been ok too

the intel i5 processor in one system i upgraded didnt seem to like win 10 until it updated the drivers and then all was well

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2015, 17:04   #58
Senior Member+

Mines still running perfect, no problem whatsoever.
I don't play games on my PC and even uninstalled the ones that came with Windows so I can't say what effect they may have in Win 10.
Nor do I open any email of link unless I'm absolutely sure they are safe.
Old 18-09-2015, 17:37   #59
God Member

ive updated to windows 10 on a couple of dell latitude d630 laptops and they are flying. I am liking it.
Old 22-09-2015, 21:45   #60
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampman View Post
Well I took the plunge, "upgraded" from Windows 8.1 it worked alright for a week or so, then automatic updates sent the P.C. into a boot loop. Constantly rebooting, I eventually got the computer working, only to find that it again went through the same Groundhog Day on switching on the next time I used the computer.
I have now reverted to Windows8.1,and have noticed that the" Get Windows 10 "icon has reappeared.
As a few people have commented I think that I will wait for a more stable upgrade to appear. Apparently Microsoft warn that not all graphic cards are yet supported.
I did the same with my laptop
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote

« popups | Tapatalk »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..