Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2009, 15:18   #1
Senior Member+

Windows Explorer stops working!

Can anyone help? As soon as I go into Real Player Video downloads to try and delete some downloads it comes up "Windows Explorer has stopped working" then the Real Player files window closes and I can't delete any files but the computer carries on working as normal!

Anyone know what this might be?

Cheers,

Kestrel X
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-10-2009, 16:40   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Windows Explorer stops working!

hmm i dont know but i once had a file that was corrupt that caused this.. simply clicking on the file caused this problem. Just delete the whole folder. Also real play suckers, i tend to avoid it
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 18:20   #3
Senior Member+

I don't really want to delete the file as it contains music videos that I have downloaded over a year! Also why do you avoid real player? What is the alternative to Real Player?
Old 06-10-2009, 18:38   #4
Senior Member+

i dont like the real format one bit. For a player i always use VLC. Hmm you could click each file(not double click) and see if when you click a certain file it crashes. If this happens its the same prob i said above and you should delete the file somehow
Old 07-10-2009, 13:11   #5
God Member

real player has never been a good or even half decent application but th elikes of pc world stuck it on every computer along with teh 30 day trial of norton which is yet another useless application

i agree that VLC is a much better FREE alternative and can be got here VLC media player - Open Source Multimedia Framework and Player

or you could try this free alternative to the real player which is also free

Free-Codecs.com :: Download Real Alternative 2.0.0 : Real Alternative will allow you to play RealMedia files without having to install RealPlayer/RealOne Player

but VLC will probably play everything

ps:

a good codec pack with no silly players or trials is xp cpdec pack and covers almost all your codec needs

Download XP Codec Pack 2.5.0 – XP Codec Pack is one of the most complete codec packs

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 21:17   #6
Senior Member+

Hi Accyman and restless,
Cheers for that but I decided just to delete all my real player files and start again - that cleared up 11 gig of memory anyway. Now I have no problem. However I didn't realise at the time you can delete files from Real Player without going into the main directory.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:23   #7
Resting in Peace

It was playing up on me earlier this morning but its okay now
Old 11-10-2009, 11:36   #8
Senior Member+

mine kept crashing for no reason, installed firefox that did the same, ..now im using google chrome, no probs whatsoever, and its very very fast

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 17:33   #9
Senior Member+

real player sucks... thats why it crashes. hehe

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..