Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2008, 19:33   #1

x boxs

hi my kids xbox has flashed 3 red lights and is it worth while buying a new. r getting it sorted coz i had a game in it.
elf82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-02-2008, 21:22   #2
Senior Member+

Re: x boxs

Ring microsoft it is a common problem they will sort it.
Old 19-02-2008, 22:06   #3

depends how old it is
Old 20-02-2008, 13:31   #4
God Member

this happened to someone at work, he said it was known as the ring of death and if i remember he got it fixed free of charge by microsoft.
Xbox 360: Three red lights flash on the Ring of Light, have you looked at this?
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 15:42   #5

does anyone now if you can get an xbox 360 chipped so it can play games from any region mine only plays jap games and i cant play pal games
Old 20-02-2008, 16:32   #6
Senior Member+

Microsoft do free repairs on ROD (Ring of Death). However if you ask anyone who has used this service it can take anywhere from 3 days - 1 month (usually towards the later) and you rarely get your own xbox back just a refurbed one.My advice if you can afford to i would buy a new one personally and possibly the elite or make sure it is the new model (Falcon) Good Luck.

Davo you can get your 360 chipped im not sure where but i know someone who has had it done.However you cant go online and if you do you will get your 360 blocked from live play.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 17:04   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo69 View Post
does anyone now if you can get an xbox 360 chipped so it can play games from any region mine only plays jap games and i cant play pal games
oh deary me. Buy it cheap did we?
Old 20-02-2008, 17:05   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
Microsoft do free repairs on ROD (Ring of Death). However if you ask anyone who has used this service it can take anywhere from 3 days - 1 month (usually towards the later) and you rarely get your own xbox back just a refurbed one.My advice if you can afford to i would buy a new one personally and possibly the elite or make sure it is the new model (Falcon) Good Luck.
So you'd pay near on £300 just so you didnt have to go a few days without ? o_O
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 17:59   #9
God Member

my mates took nearly 3 weeks..but it was free and good as new.don`t go buying another, surely you can go cold turkey
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 18:06   #10

Mine had the RROD but as soon as i saw the redlights i turned it off and then on again, its been fine since. Think i must have the only 360 in the world that fixed itsself.
Old 20-02-2008, 18:48   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Mine had the RROD but as soon as i saw the redlights i turned it off and then on again, its been fine since. Think i must have the only 360 in the world that fixed itsself.
Its actually really common, tends to mean your days are numbered though.

I had my first 360 RROD then the replace had a broken DVD drive which scratched my discs to pieces, my current is working for now though.
Old 20-02-2008, 19:14   #12

Well it was a few month ago and not had any problems since. Dont really play on it much anymore, just use it as a way to play music thats on my phone through my stereo (took ages to wire up but its so worth it).
Old 20-02-2008, 20:31   #13

Quote:

Davo you can get your 360 chipped im not sure where but i know someone who has had it done.However you cant go online and if you do you will get your 360 blocked from live play.
go on xbox live all the time mine is chipped for copied games not for region free
Old 20-02-2008, 20:46   #14
Senior Member+

Yeah i would as you can never gaurentee that its your xbox and not one that 3 years old.3 weeks is a long time if your addicted like i am aswell .
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2008, 00:28   #15

Quote:
Yeah i would as you can never gaurentee that its your xbox and not one that 3 years old.3 weeks is a long time if your addicted like i am aswell .
Who cares as long as it works ?

You get your 3 years RROD warranty renewed on replacement so even if it does break your still not going to be out of pocket... and as for the addicted - buy one from argos with 28 no quibble return whilst its being repairs and simply take it back - free 1 month 360 rental

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..