Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f83/)
-   -   lap top note book wanted (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f83/lap-top-note-book-wanted-28495.html)

magpie 14-02-2007 21:09

lap top note book wanted

looking for a cheap er very cheap wireless note book/lap top:

any ideas or if anyone's got one for sale: dont need vista on it but would rather XP :

also need it to use the net whilst out and about working.....

accymel 14-02-2007 21:12

Re: lap top note book wanted

be careful tho magpie - laptops are extremely easy to bond with specially as u can take it anywhere - even the loo :eek: :D

I wuvv mine lots it become worrying LOL:D

magpie 14-02-2007 21:13

well just spent shed loads on a new pc : but I need to show people my web site and so on.... but only just starting out so funds are tight:

the loo sounds good at least I would get some peace in there:

I was looking at a few in the cash converters down town.... 3 months ticket on them, however you would not know where they have some from and what could be on them:
anyone used them ?

WillowTheWhisp 14-02-2007 21:30

What sort of price were they?

lancsdave 14-02-2007 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by magpie (Post 383652)
I was looking at a few in the cash converters down town.... 3 months ticket on them, however you would not know where they have some from and what could be on them:
anyone used them ?

Does anyone actually find that place cheap, I always think the stuff looks expensive for 2nd hand goods.

magpie 15-02-2007 07:08

the price for a lap top was £200 : Lancs Dave no I don't think they are that cheap, having said that sometime they have a few bargains in: not bad on the price of tools and they have some DVD's:

Mick 15-02-2007 07:09

The stuff in there is Very expensive in there for the price of there laptop's £350+ second hand you can buy a a new one in woolies .
I got this one its a Medion i have had no problems with it not the fastest of laptops but it does what i want and its wireless .
in cash converters
There was a computer in there selling with monitor for £400 ok it had a 15ins flat monitor with it but i had seen the desktop on its own for £90

accymel 15-02-2007 07:54

They are very expensive in cash converters, plus he specs on them are very basic so cant be sure of what u are getting, the laptops i saw in there was quite expensive as mick says u can get a new one with guarentee for a bit xtra on the price.

entwisi 15-02-2007 08:11

Magpie, why do you need teh net to show them your website? You should have a copy of it on your PC locally. just use that to show them.

The other point is that just cause the laptop is wireless you still need some form of internet access point within ~100m.

I'll keep my ears open for anyone at work selling one for you.

Neil 15-02-2007 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by accymel (Post 383651)
laptops are extremely easy to bond with specially as u can take it anywhere - even the loo :eek: :D

I wuvv mine lots it become worrying LOL:D

You take your laptop to the loo. You dirty *****.
I suppose you wuvv it because you bought one of those USB rabbits ;) :D

Neil 15-02-2007 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by magpie (Post 383646)
also need it to use the net whilst out and about working.....

I think you need to look into how you will connect to the net when you are out and about working.
Is there a wireless hotspot where you will be working?
Are you going to connect through your mobile phone? (you might need your own personal oil well to pay the phone bill if you do depending on your phone contract)

WillowTheWhisp 15-02-2007 08:31

If you want to show the website to people who have PCs can't you just log into it from their PC - or is there something I'm missing?

entwisi 15-02-2007 08:58

I think they want to show it to the market traders whilst down there hence my comment about just running the site locally on the laptop

magpie 15-02-2007 11:48

ah yes:

well I need to show market traders and so on their ads on my site:

( don't need the net for that)

plus I work away from home so it would be handy:

should have said what I wanted it for: one of those day's weeks then again month:

magpie 15-02-2007 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 383790)
Magpie, why do you need teh net to show them your website? You should have a copy of it on your PC locally. just use that to show them.

The other point is that just cause the laptop is wireless you still need some form of internet access point within ~100m.

I'll keep my ears open for anyone at work selling one for you.

thanks for your help :) :)