Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-10-2003, 21:57   #1
I am Banned

Post Battery Chargers (Roy?)

I ddin't know (but should have guessed) you can get battery chargers that work in the car...

Roy ..I seen them on ebay.. Only seems to be one type that ya can use in car and its same as yours.. BUY NOW 24 quid... Sound about right to you?  Ya get x4 2100

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=15202

Or was yours cheaper?
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-10-2003, 08:03   #2
Roy
Administrator

Post Re: Battery Chargers (Roy?)

sounds great that harry,mine was 35 squid in a camera shop - get em bought!
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2003, 09:17   #3
God Member

have a look on here, this is where I but most of my camera equipment from http://www.picstop.co.uk
Also http://www.fotosense.co.uk/index.html these are in Bolton so easy to get to, bought my camera here at £50 cheaper than jessops and got a load of accessories with it as well.

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2003, 09:22   #4
I am Banned

Chrager is more expensive at first site and cant find a charger at the second.. I think there search feature is as knackered as there site.. However what few cameras they have in seem to fair well with equally as cheap as other places on first glance
Old 20-10-2003, 09:25   #5
God Member

what kind of camera you got harryx

www.ubuntu.com

Old 20-10-2003, 10:14   #6
I am Banned

Olympus c2100UZ with a x10 optical zoom. The  It also has image stabalisation which is very very important. I got rock solid pictures at x10 and at x17.5 with a telephoto and hand held... A zoom camera over x5 with no image stabalisation is next to useless without a tripod and even then not brill.

Unfortunatly my camera was released 3 years ago at over £1000 and soon taken off the market as the price was too high. its a much sought after camera and comes out the better in head to head with more recent ones available in its same class

I know you only asked what camera.... But I am in a chatty mood
Old 20-10-2003, 15:43   #7
God Member

Yeah, i noticed from your stanley photo's how clear they were on zoom, I have fuji S304 with 6x zoom plus 3.2 x digital. has ring on for adding tele lenses but I dont need one for the photo's I take. I rate this, its the second Fuji i have had (still got the other a MX 1200, keep it in the car for emergency use!) Like the new S7000 but a bit too exp for my use.

www.ubuntu.com

Old 20-10-2003, 16:02   #8
Roy
Administrator

good choice there ksh.. i have the fuji s602z and that was my second fuji as well - they are great caneras, but, oh how i dream about image stabalisation..
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2003, 16:09   #9
God Member

Stop drinking Roy ;D your hands wont shake as much ;D ;D

www.ubuntu.com

Old 20-10-2003, 17:29   #10
I am Banned

The trick is NEVER to use the digital zoom as well.. That should be turned off all the time and never used IMHO

Old 20-10-2003, 17:36   #11
God Member

I never use mine, reduces the pic quality too much for my liking. I cant turn it off though, it is the same button as optical zoom, you press once for optical then when it reaches the max take finger off and press again to activate digital. Any tips on taking photo's of a photo thats framed, I never had any luck with photo's through glass

www.ubuntu.com

Old 20-10-2003, 19:18   #12
I am Banned

A polarising filter for through glass I guess.. I have a circular one.. good for lots of things.. especially reflections .

Old 20-10-2003, 22:01   #13
Caz
God Member

Mines an Olympus Camedia C-220 Zoom.

Pretty basic compared with yours! But then I'm a pretty basic photographer.  ;D

Got the 128 meg memory card from the site you suggested by the way Harry.  

The camera only came with 8 meg, which is practically useless!  

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2003, 08:14   #14
Resting in Peace

mine is just a fuji 204 with 128 mb card nice little camera for genral use
and fuji have a good support web site too
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..