Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2008, 09:30   #1
Senior Member+

Laptop Screen

I have recently started to notice a "lighter" patch on the middle of my laptop screen. It is not very noticable but I know its there lol. It has been there over the apst couple of weeks and I know its probably difficult to say what it is without looking at it but does anyone have any idea what is causing this and possibly how to resolve it (or does it mean having to replace the screen / laptop if it gets any worse)
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-04-2008, 09:45   #2
God Member

Re: Laptop Screen

give it a kick, it'll be reet (only jokin)
Old 09-04-2008, 09:50   #3
Resting in Peace

Going by the Prize you picked for winning the photo competition i would say give your screen a good clean with a proper screen cleaner
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:38   #4
Senior Member+

mick, that might just work. What do i use? windowlene?
Old 09-04-2008, 10:44   #5
God Member

DONT BE STUPID!!!! not for a laptop ya div
Old 09-04-2008, 11:35   #6
God Member

baby wipes posished off with one that has dried works a treat.

It could be the backlight going, if it is it usually means its beyond repair as screen cost as much as a new laptop plus fitting. You can use them with a monitor but is no longer 'portable'

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:40   #7
Resting in Peace

Does that really work Entwisi if so i wish you had said sooner i went to maplins for some proper screen cleaner and its not cheap
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:48   #8
Senior Member+

I bought some from pc world cost nearly a tenner and they are naff in fact they are like those dead cheap baby wipes like tracing paper but drier! now i just use microfibre cloths.
Old 09-04-2008, 15:42   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
baby wipes posished off with one that has dried works a treat.

It could be the backlight going, if it is it usually means its beyond repair as screen cost as much as a new laptop plus fitting. You can use them with a monitor but is no longer 'portable'
I pray that its not that that is the problem. Is there anyway that you can tell if this is the fault. If it is there's no more accyweb for me, there is not a chance that I can afford a new one

Stupid thing is only 18 months old!!!
Old 09-04-2008, 16:08   #10
Len
God Member

As Ian suggests and if the warranty has ended, if the screen packs in you can always plug a second hand monitor into the back of it. When I use my laptop at home I prefer to plug my monitor into it anyways as I find it much easier for me.

Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 18:41   #11
God Member

Have you got the screen back leaning against anything magnetic emzy? speakers etc, this can affect the screen.
Old 09-04-2008, 18:45   #12
Senior Member+

No, not got it leant against anything, its on bedside table and the only other thing there is a lamp.

Have also noticed a "lighter" patch along the bottom of the screen too
Old 09-04-2008, 20:52   #13
God Member

what make?

Sale of goods act says things must last a "reasonable" length of time irrespective of warranty. 18 months for a laptop screen is not reasonable IMHO.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 23:29   #14
God Member

Quote:
what make?

Sale of goods act says things must last a "reasonable" length of time irrespective of warranty. 18 months for a laptop screen is not reasonable IMHO.
There was a bloke on TV the other week who had bought a £700 lap-top for his daughter. After just thirteen months it gave up the ghost and the company he bought it from were trying to say it had water damage. The bloke knew this wasn't true and got a computer engineer to look at it. Turned out that the mother board had a fault on it. He ended up getting a brand new lap-top plus loads of other stuff. So it pays to fight for your rights.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:47   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
what make?

Its and Advent 7105 - Bought october?? yr before last so not that old really - will fight pc world if i need to though if it is a problem

« PDF editor | Chat »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..