Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-05-2013, 10:23   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Window update for 7

Earlier this week I got 10 of them as usual the don't switch your PC off message came as they were installing.
Then my PC powered off.
The following day on power up my monitor (flat screen) didn't work, I tried a spare, still no joy.
I then tried an old crt monitor and could finally view what was going on.

I did a system restore to an earlier point all went well, could use my flat screen again, until windows updated.

I ended up with the same problem, obviously something in the updates seemed to be corrupting my drivers.

My Graphics card is an Nvidea gforce 7900 gs, so I downloaded a replacement set of drivers, installed and everything is now fine, until the next time...

So if you have had any monitor problems since the last dratted windows update it may be worthwhile doing something similar.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-05-2013, 11:17   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Re: Window update for 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Earlier this week I got 10 of them as usual the don't switch your PC off message came as they were installing.
Then my PC powered off.
The following day on power up my monitor (flat screen) didn't work, I tried a spare, still no joy.
I then tried an old crt monitor and could finally view what was going on.

I did a system restore to an earlier point all went well, could use my flat screen again, until windows updated.

I ended up with the same problem, obviously something in the updates seemed to be corrupting my drivers.

My Graphics card is an Nvidea gforce 7900 gs, so I downloaded a replacement set of drivers, installed and everything is now fine, until the next time...

So if you have had any monitor problems since the last dratted windows update it may be worthwhile doing something similar.

Did you use windows update provided nvidia drivers before? I always seemed to have problems using their provided drivers.
Old 17-05-2013, 11:32   #3

Re: Window update for 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Did you use windows update provided nvidia drivers before? I always seemed to have problems using their provided drivers.
I've always used nvidia, I have them on auto update so that my drivers are always up to date.

Somehow the Windows update seemed to have corrupted them.
Old 17-05-2013, 15:53   #4
Senior Member+

Card about 6 year old ? they still release updates for it?
Old 17-05-2013, 15:57   #5

Quote:
Card about 6 year old ? they still release updates for it?
No, I lied in post #1 about getting an update, I'm still viewing AccyWeb on a blank screen!

Old 17-05-2013, 16:49   #6
Senior Member+

You know what I meant
Old 17-05-2013, 16:59   #7

Quote:

You know what I meant
Do you really think I took any notice of which version of my driver I used to Have?
I went to their site and just as always there was a driver that I needed.

If they have stopped updating it, fine, I can't remember when exactly I had an update it was sent automatically, but I got a working driver that fixed a windows update problem, then I posted it on here in case anyone else had had any similar problems.
Old 17-05-2013, 18:34   #8
God Member

sometimes holding the spacebar down while it boots can fix this problem less posted
dunno why it works but i read it one time when it happened to me and it worked

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2013, 23:12   #9
God Member

Quote:
Do you really think I took any notice of which version of my driver I used to Have?
keep a note of it on yur desktop in a word document..

oh hang on ....
Restless likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 18-05-2013, 00:49   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
I went to their site and just as always there was a driver that I needed.
You dont take notice everytime windows updates pops up?
Old 18-05-2013, 17:01   #11
Senior Member+

Re: Re: Window update for 7

Quote:
Elaborate a little.... I mean in the list of recent updates. There isn't any for nvidia?

Oh well I'm on ati radeon 5870 at the moment. A friend of a friend was selling it for 40£ was a bargain. Hadn't used ati since rage fury Max
Old 21-05-2013, 20:03   #12

Quote:
I dont either. They seem to pop up at the end of a session when I am closing down and I just leave the comp on to turn off itself when updated.
Karateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 20:54   #13
Senior Member+

Ah of course- I dont have it auto updating
Old 22-05-2013, 14:04   #14
God Member

i like to decide when i update so also have it off

nothing worse than playing online and auto update stealing your internet lol
Restless likes this.

Old 22-05-2013, 14:52   #15
God Member

sods law i was just getting down to some xbox live and my eldest started downloading something

wireless key changed - problem solved

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..