Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-12-2012, 16:00   #16
Senior Member+

Re: You Tube Downloads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
I dont recall seeing a button that officially did that... You didn't install a program that added the button?

Youtube are now blocking those downloader plugins for lots of stuff because of all the breaches of copyrights.
Mmm but - I can't see any icons about downloading at all - so what's happened? Could it be that something has been disabled on my browser?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-12-2012, 17:10   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Mmm but - I can't see any icons about downloading at all - so what's happened? Could it be that something has been disabled on my browser?
There isnt a button that lets you download
Old 22-12-2012, 13:57   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
There isnt a button that lets you download
I assure you and I've uploaded my own video's and downloaded them straight away and also downloaded other music and information video's and what used to happen was; as you put your cursor over the video - a icon would come up that if clicked on, offered options to download the video currently being watched. Now for several months now - that has ceased to occur - this is the question I'm asking - WHY? Cheers.
Old 22-12-2012, 17:49   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
I assure you and I've uploaded my own video's and downloaded them straight away and also downloaded other music and information video's and what used to happen was; as you put your cursor over the video - a icon would come up that if clicked on, offered options to download the video currently being watched. Now for several months now - that has ceased to occur - this is the question I'm asking - WHY? Cheers.
The answer is obvious and I have covered that(i think--or am I imagining it?)

If you want to download your own videos. Go to video manager. Click the arrow pointing down next to edit on your video and click download mp4
Old 25-12-2012, 08:25   #20
JFT96

Well, I cannot help with the why..
But try a free product called vdownloader.
I think you will find its pretty good.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2012, 10:36   #21
Beacon of light

Or DW helper....that is worth a try too.

d w helper free download
Here is a link that might help
Boeing Guy likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2012, 18:15   #22
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
From the youtube terms of service

Quote:
you agree not to access Content through any technology or means other than the video playback pages of the Website itself, the YouTube Player, or such other means as YouTube may explicitly designate for this purpose;
This means that any youtube downloading software is in breach of their terms of service
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 28-12-2012, 14:43   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
From the youtube terms of service

This means that any youtube downloading software is in breach of their terms of service
Well as stated anyone used to be able to download any video from You Tube. That seems now to have been stopped by them - as stated I downloaded loads of pop/rock and any type of video on the site, without needing to use any external software. The files went onto my real player software and could be played back whenever one wanted to.

There have been a lot of changes to You Tube in last several months so this stopping open downloads could be one of them.
Old 28-12-2012, 20:49   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Well as stated anyone used to be able to download any video from You Tube. That seems now to have been stopped by them - as stated I downloaded loads of pop/rock and any type of video on the site, without needing to use any external software. The files went onto my real player software and could be played back whenever one wanted to.

There have been a lot of changes to You Tube in last several months so this stopping open downloads could be one of them.

Downloading YouTube videos - YouTube Help

I would say a lot longer than that... Anyway who uses Real Player!!! crap dude. Crap!
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 29-12-2012, 12:16   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:

I would say a lot longer than that... Anyway who uses Real Player!!! crap dude. Crap!
Real player is free cheap and effective and easily available. Say no more!

A few years ago on You Tube there used to be "friends" and "contacts" options. They recently took away the friends option and now it's only contacts. So they probably may have disabled the facility for instant downloads - eh Dude!

Thanks for the link!

Last edited by kestrelx; 29-12-2012 at 12:25.
Old 29-12-2012, 12:41   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:

Just reading the link you posted Restless, it's obvious that You Tube are taking out the "free" element of the service and getting ready to start charging people for downloading!? I used to download as many vids as I wanted all day - now this link you posted says only 2 an hour! They are changing the rules.
Old 29-12-2012, 13:02   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Just reading the link you posted Restless, it's obvious that You Tube are taking out the "free" element of the service and getting ready to start charging people for downloading!? I used to download as many vids as I wanted all day - now this link you posted says only 2 an hour! They are changing the rules.
There used to be a service where companies could sell videos. Google have removed that. I don't blame them with all the flack they much receive from the very same companies.

It would be a total mess to manage. A user base of hundreds of millions.. A large percentage of which upload copyright materials. To add element of buying videos.... It would be too messy and it will kill youtube daily stats. The link states how to download your own videos-- not a service to download videos. They have to block that as much as possible now.

Last edited by Restless; 29-12-2012 at 13:06.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2012, 13:17   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
There used to be a service where companies could sell videos. Google have removed that. I don't blame them with all the flack they much receive from the very same companies.

It would be a total mess to manage. A user base of hundreds of millions.. A large percentage of which upload copyright materials. To add element of buying videos.... It would be too messy and it will kill youtube daily stats. The link states how to download your own videos-- not a service to download videos. They have to block that as much as possible now.
They are blocking free downloads so that you have to stay on their site more frequently in order to watch the video's on their site - that's obvious. They don't want you to download vids and watch them freely. They want you to stay on line, on You Tube watching the vids, so they can make you watch their advertisements they have on every video they show these days. Thats why freedownloads have dissapeared.
Old 29-12-2012, 14:35   #29
JFT96

There is a lot better than Real Player, try VLC, it's a whole world better and it's free etc.
Both Margaret and I have given you names of download software, if you do download copyrighted material, then that is illegal.
Both those are free and you can choose a output format.

If you had googled download you tube you would have had a answer almost immediately.

Sounds like you want to have a whinge about YouTube

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2012, 15:55   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
They are blocking free downloads so that you have to stay on their site more frequently
You are totally wrong!.

Google have been doing a lot of fighting against these companies. Fighting for freedom of the users. Only way to achieve this is to block the downloads to protect themselves and the userbase

Last edited by Restless; 29-12-2012 at 16:02.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..