Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Gaming Forum
Donate! Join Today

Gaming Forum Talk about the latest PS2, xbox or whatever systems and our own classics!!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2005, 19:10   #16

Re: Nintendo D.S

you can get them for $150 in florida
Old 04-03-2005, 21:14   #17

I can highly recommend the Wario game. Very addictive.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:53   #18

im gettin super mario ds. super mario is great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -pixie
I can highly recommend the Wario game. Very addictive.
Old 08-03-2005, 16:08   #19

I've been contemplating about getting back into handhelds for a while now, but I think I'll have to pass on the DS for the time being. Not a great set of launch titles, so it's probably worth waiting until the price drops a little and the library of games fills up.
p_headless_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 19:16   #20

Oh I don't know - I think they do have some excellent launch titles. I am totally addicted to Wario at work, and I like the look of Project Rub as well as its a new concept of gaming. I wouldn't hold your nreath for them price dropping too soon though as the SP is still £70 new. They will drop the price of the SP before they drop the DS.
Old 09-03-2005, 04:25   #21

Quote:
Oh I don't know - I think they do have some excellent launch titles. I am totally addicted to Wario at work, and I like the look of Project Rub as well as its a new concept of gaming. I wouldn't hold your nreath for them price dropping too soon though as the SP is still £70 new. They will drop the price of the SP before they drop the DS.
I was in an HMV the other day and it seemed to me that the only decent games available on launch day were Wario and... Well.. Mario. Admittedly, WarioWare is one of the most addictive games I've every played for the Gamecube or Gameboy but I don't think I could bring myself to shell out a hundred pounds to play it.
And isn't Project Rub just a girlfriend sim for lonely geeks?
I love the DS in principle, it's always a good thing to force developers to think creatively about new styles of gameplay.
I might just wait until Nintendogs comes out. I'm a real sucker for forcing cute animals to do my evil bidding .
Old 09-03-2005, 07:05   #22

Oh no not Nintendogs!! We were taking the **** out of one member of staff who was as excited as a dog with two tails over this game...
Old 09-03-2005, 09:14   #23

Make fun as much as you want. I'll still be there with my three fake puppies, screaming "Dance my pretties!" at the screen while I take my bus to work.

Yeah, it's pretty much going to end whatever kind of social life I currently have.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:04   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_headless_g
Make fun as much as you want. I'll still be there with my three fake puppies, screaming "Dance my pretties!" at the screen while I take my bus to work.

Yeah, it's pretty much going to end whatever kind of social life I currently have.
I think I will just laugh horribly at anyone we sell this game to just in case one of them happens to be you.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:50   #25

WHY DO YOU WORK AT GAME OR GAMESTATION. WORKING IN A GAME SHOP IS DREAM JOB FOR ME.
Quote:
I think I will just laugh horribly at anyone we sell this game to just in case one of them happens to be you.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:06   #26

Quote:
Ah, I can see the sale already...

"I'll be having this Nintendogs game, pah-leeze. I intend to see if there are ways of making them mate."
Horrible laughter comes from behind the counter.
"Ah, it's you. Fine."
So I walk around the store, picking up everything I can find and pretty much clearing every shelf of games.
"I'll have these as well, then."
After ringing up a few thousand randomly selected titles and charging me some extortionate amount of money -
"Sorry. Changed my mind."
Granted it'd probably be a bit more spiteful if I could involve fire in some way but you can't have everything.
Come on, you must've made a few embarrassing game choices at some point in your life. I can't have been the only one who borrowed their younger siblings copy of Pokemon and got hooked, can I?
Old 10-03-2005, 06:26   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_headless_g
Ah, I can see the sale already...

"I'll be having this Nintendogs game, pah-leeze. I intend to see if there are ways of making them mate."
Horrible laughter comes from behind the counter.
"Ah, it's you. Fine."
So I walk around the store, picking up everything I can find and pretty much clearing every shelf of games.
"I'll have these as well, then."
After ringing up a few thousand randomly selected titles and charging me some extortionate amount of money -
"Sorry. Changed my mind."
Granted it'd probably be a bit more spiteful if I could involve fire in some way but you can't have everything.
Come on, you must've made a few embarrassing game choices at some point in your life. I can't have been the only one who borrowed their younger siblings copy of Pokemon and got hooked, can I?
I can see the headlines the next day - customer gets hacked into little bitty pieces as shop assistant goes on mad rampage.
And don't mention Pokemon to me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke orourke 1988
WHY DO YOU WORK AT GAME OR GAMESTATION. WORKING IN A GAME SHOP IS DREAM JOB FOR ME.
It is actually a pretty cool job.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:20   #28

NO FAIR GET ME A JOB. ILL SWAP JOBS WITH U. I WORK AS A CLEANER AT K.F.C BUT YOU GET FREE K.F.C FOOD.
Quote:
I can see the headlines the next day - customer gets hacked into little bitty pieces as shop assistant goes on mad rampage.
And don't mention Pokemon to me....

It is actually a pretty cool job.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:23   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke orourke 1988
NO FAIR GET ME A JOB. ILL SWAP JOBS WITH U. I WORK AS A CLEANER AT K.F.C BUT YOU GET FREE K.F.C FOOD.
As tempting an offer as that is....no.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:26   #30

no fair. do you have any staff vacancies
Quote:
As tempting an offer as that is....no.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..