Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Gaming Forum
Donate! Join Today

Gaming Forum Talk about the latest PS2, xbox or whatever systems and our own classics!!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2006, 09:24   #16
God Member

Re: Nintendo Wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Spokeswoman from Game Station yesterday was saying all customers who had paid a deposit would be honoured, they were expecting a further delivery before Christmas, but didn't know quantity or exact DOD, but enough.

Couldn't quite get the drift of what they were saying about this console Cyfr, but seems is easy for us as not very good at t'others .. you move yer body more in tune with the action rather than attract future arthritus in your thumbs.. Any comments ?
Well basicly yes. Nearly all the actions involve you moving your body parts rather than just tapping away at buttons. The controller has a motion sensor in.

Like Willow said, in tennis games you pretend the remote is a racket and you swing it the same way you would a racket in real life, then the movement is played out on screen and you hopefully hit the ball! lol

Rayman is a game for it, which has LOADS of different ways to use the motion thing, theres one where you have to move left arm up, right arm down, then left arm down, right up, it makes Rayman run on screen, have to do that as fast as possible to complete the minigame, it REALLY tires you out haha.. its good exercise
Old 10-12-2006, 09:41   #17
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I got one too, class.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2006, 19:13   #18
Senior Member+

I am presuming that they are all completely out of stock just now...? and if so when are they likely to hit the shops again ?? and what is the price of them and the games ?
I think they look like good fun....my gaffer is off to china in 3 weeks and has said he will bring me ps3 back with him if I want..but I would rather have a wii !!
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 10:50   #19
Senior Member+

I heard there have been a few problems with some of them i person was waving their arms around and the remote ended up in the tv screen coz it slipped out her hand!! lol

a couple of the remotes broken due to the wire in between!

i would probably end up to tired to finish my game!!!
Old 20-12-2006, 14:35   #20
God Member

Mummiboo, I have no idea how people are managing to either break the straps or let go of the remote

I dont even use the strap .. I simply keep hold of the remote instead of letting go, its not rocket science!!

glasgow guy, its probably going to be after Christmas unless you are really persistent. The shops will be getting deliveries before christmas but they will sellout fast or go to people who pre ordered.
Old 20-12-2006, 14:44   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr View Post
Mummiboo, I have no idea how people are managing to either break the straps or let go of the remote

I dont even use the strap .. I simply keep hold of the remote instead of letting go, its not rocket science!!

Obviously a well developed grip in that there right hand of yours Cyfr

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 19:02   #22
Senior Member+

Well you might not understand how it happends but it has done!

Just double checked with google and its there.
Old 20-12-2006, 19:08   #23
Senior Member+

It says on their website that they are going to replace the wrist straps of the original lot with thicker ones there is a request form on the website.
Old 23-12-2006, 03:18   #24
Senior Member+

its meant to b a fantastic piece of hardware

the probs the wii has had thankfully have nothing to do with the actual system or the controller which is hte main thing - i think its just over enthusiatic ppl waving it aroudn too much

i really do want one but maybe next year

as for the ps3 i dont think that a) its worth 500 b) the early production sony consoles - gen 1 tend to have suseptible hardware so im waiting for a gen 2 or 3 to come down as they'll b much more reliable and the price will have dropped

but having a xbox 360 which is fantastic i can wait to buy the ps3
Old 24-12-2006, 20:29   #25
Senior Member+

was in game today down town (24th) and the guy said they got a few wii's yesterday....but all sold out within the hour...next load due in start of jan...
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:48   #26
God Member

Well Ginger went and bought himself a toy!! Yes a Wii. I tell you someones gonna end up with a broken nose in this living room, and I don't mean fighting over whose go it is next lol.

They are playing golf ATM and I think I may have to move so I can have a bigger living room

Its quite a good game. I have been sat in the corner, quietly observing what is going on. When I think I have sussed it all out, I will have a go and whoop there arses lol. I quite like the look of the bowling.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:08   #27

Toys r us have them in we got one on sunday 8th may they had 20 in stock, best thing if anyone wants one is to ring the store and check! you can check stock levels on this site http://www.wii-consoles.co.uk/default.asp#wii_consoles

played the bowling its great, but now really stiff lol!

feels like i have been to the gym!

tracey

'The views expressed here are my own and are not necessarily those of the site'
Traceyb37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:13   #28
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

not many games is there?
ill stick to me ps2
Old 08-05-2007, 10:47   #29
God Member

I cant cope with all that arm swinging
I got a Tai Chi DVD and gave up to it when I bashed my chandelier (low ceilings)
I will be leaving all that exercise business to you young uns

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 18:29   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
its meant to b a fantastic piece of hardware

the probs the wii has had thankfully have nothing to do with the actual system or the controller which is hte main thing - i think its just over enthusiatic ppl waving it aroudn too much

i really do want one but maybe next year

as for the ps3 i dont think that a) its worth 500 b) the early production sony consoles - gen 1 tend to have suseptible hardware so im waiting for a gen 2 or 3 to come down as they'll b much more reliable and the price will have dropped

but having a xbox 360 which is fantastic i can wait to buy the ps3
I've got a Wii, but have been playing on the PS3 more. The Wii is a great 'party' console, but for games like Motorstorm the PS3 is the place to be. Because of the added effort in Wii games I end up using the PS3 more to chill out and relax with. And at the moment I'm very busy with work so the last thing I want to do is jump around the place when I want to relax.

By the way the PS3 is a pretty rugged console. It's a much tougher piece of kit than the 360 (which I used to have before I traded it for the PS3).

I'd say the PS3 is worth it mainly because of Blu Ray. To get a standalone Blu Ray player you'd be talking a lot more money. However if you don't have a HD telly then there really isn't any point. Though Motorstorm is really good fun.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..