Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Gaming Forum
Donate! Join Today

Gaming Forum Talk about the latest PS2, xbox or whatever systems and our own classics!!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-11-2005, 01:57   #16
I am Banned

Re: Online console gaming, PS2 or XBox?

xbox kicks ass online period wether it be thw official xbox live or tunnel software that lets you play online with no charges using your broadband connection through your pc
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-11-2005, 19:26   #17

As an Xbox and PS2 owner, I can honestly say Xbox rules the PS2 online. PS2 online isn't even an afterthought, it's just awful. Anyone who loves PS2 online would think Xbox Live is amazing.

Seriously... Anyone who prefers online PS2 to Xbox Live has got to be lacking the full shilling.

Only thing good to say about PS2 is Eyetoy and Singstar. Everything else is better off on Xbox.
Old 29-11-2005, 20:29   #18
I am Banned

anyone thinking of gettting a ps3 over a xbox360 should also look at gaming / console review forums

sony got busted for using video footage on their ps3 instead of actual ingame graphics at a show because they knew the xbox360 was ahead of them

the only good thing i wills ay about sonys playstation is that they have more child orientated games but for the adult gamer the xbox 360 is a must over the ps3
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2007, 16:46   #19
Junior Member+

if any of you wnat a really good online gaming experience. buy socom: combined assault. its a shooting kinda game but you play navy seals. you buy it with a headset and you can talk to 16 people on your team. theres cars to drive, lots of guns to use and its realistic. its a good community seeing has you can talk to everyone you play against or with.
AccyLad06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2007, 19:23   #20

x box the best
Old 21-06-2007, 18:29   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post
anyone thinking of gettting a ps3 over a xbox360 should also look at gaming / console review forums

sony got busted for using video footage on their ps3 instead of actual ingame graphics at a show because they knew the xbox360 was ahead of them

the only good thing i wills ay about sonys playstation is that they have more child orientated games but for the adult gamer the xbox 360 is a must over the ps3
When the PS3 comes down in price it will better the 360. Only thing it's lacking is games but that will change.

PS3 online is free, yet Resistance holds its own against Halo 2 (and Halo 2 isn't even Hi-Def) and also on Resistance you can have more players online than H2.

Blu Ray is fantastic with a decent Hi Def television.

Hard-drive is bigger and as standard, 360 cores don't have a hard drive so devs can't make use of them in any case.

PS3 fan is a lot less intrusive than the 360's noisy fan and drive spinning.

Recent 1.80 update to PS3 makes it one of the best DVD upscalers around. It makes good quality DVD's look very good in high definition. It really is magic. Also you can play media from your Mac or PC, and rip none copy protected material to the hard drive.

I get far more use out of the PS3 than I do the 360. Probably because it does more things.

Checkout Motorstorm, Resistance, Lair and Little Big Planet.
Old 08-07-2007, 15:12   #22
Senior Member+

to be fair halo 2 was released for the xbox - wait a month two for halo 3 to come out and that'll b the one to compare resistance with

whats hittin sony the worst is microsofts deep pockets

they've recently paid rockstar north 50m to give the 360 extra content over the ps3 for the new gta IV game

which will b a MAJOR enticement to the fans of the series
Old 08-07-2007, 16:31   #23
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Another old one dug up from AccyWebs past
Old 08-07-2007, 17:51   #24
mez
God Member

spammers are picking old threads out to put their rubbish on.
Old 30-09-2007, 22:59   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthead View Post
yeah online gaming with ps2 is brillian.just hope more games come out were you are able to go on line with.

cracking online, dont liek fifa online though can amange to scrape a win then next games ill get beat like ten -nil, i got a network apapter a while back from gamestation in accy, coz around 15£

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..