Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/)
-   -   CUP RUN FEVER (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/cup-run-fever-3001.html)

adi 09-12-2003 09:22

Re: CUP RUN FEVER

thats if I see the pint Mik!!

just read that Stanley's game against Bouremouth is going to be on Sky's Monday Night Football, which gaurantee's both sides £50,000.

Tealeaf 09-12-2003 11:13

So what miracle will Sky perform to get it on Monday night footy? I thought the game was on tuesday night, 23rd Dec. Or am I from another planet?

A pints is about £1.60/£1.80 for bitter, now Mik.....that's in Church. I won't tell you what it costs down here.

honeymonster 12-12-2003 18:50

the times is not good on dates tealeaf

Mik Dickinson 14-12-2003 09:45

No Tealeaf checked it out on the Sky Text.Monday its on Sky and me is on lates so i am going to force the wife to watch it, miss Eastenders, and inform on the mobile as to the result.what a hubby eh!Should be saying what a wife really to sacrifice Eastenders for Accy Stanley.

ASFC1951 15-12-2003 06:57

If they play like did on Saturday they'll win it. Sheer poetry, especially in the second half.

honeymonster 15-12-2003 20:49

well do stanley roll on the third round ;D

Ol 16-12-2003 01:43

Well done Stanley!  Bring on Colchester!  :D

GoldenBallz 16-12-2003 06:51

Yeah. Nice one lads. Excellent performance. Can't help feeling sorry for Speare but he did the right thing by encouraging Kennedy. Come on Stanley..we're on our way, we're on our way, we're goin' to Cardiff  :P

Jo 16-12-2003 08:46

Saw the result on Sky News this morning. It was teh only result they gave, we're getting erally famous now!  GREAT STUFF!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to beat Colchester and see who they get in the next round... ;D

George Walker 16-12-2003 11:28

watched the match last night good result.

adi 18-12-2003 10:22

Just like to say well done to Stanley - hopefully it'll be more of the same against Colchester, then who knows!?!

Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Blackburn Rovers............................................ .........

Oh by the way Tealeaf what night did you watch the game? The miracle performed by Sky on the Monday or the quite er, real, Tuesday!!!!

Mik Dickinson 18-12-2003 12:53

Watched the rerun on Tuesday as i was working night on Monday.Was a very pleasureable game and goes to show that there is a lot of football talent in Stanleys side.Nice to see Sky getting in on it too, financial rewards for samll clubs are rare nowadays.Who is bothered who they get.I have the feeling they could do really well this season.I send an e - mail off every week to Soccer am on Sky about Stanley and have threatened them i will be sending one every week until the ymention accrington Stanley on their show

Tealeaf 18-12-2003 14:17

Hi Adi..............I did'nt see the game, unfortunatly. I was stuck for 2 hours on one of Branson's trains which was'nt going anywhere & by the time I got in the game was over.

As for the dates, that was'nt my fault.....someone posted on here it was 23rd Dec and I followed suit from that.....No matter, the result is what counts.......once we've rolled over Colchester, lets get Chelski or Man U and sort them out to.

adi 23-12-2003 09:40

Now that would be nice eh Tealeaf.

And with the way the game has gone, it would be one of the BIGGEST upsets of all time.............................................. ..................

ASFC1951 23-12-2003 09:54

Hopefully, we can beat Colchester and draw a big name in the next round...but will we make it to the quarter-finals like Church?