Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/)
-   -   Bet Bagpuss is legless this afternoon (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/bet-bagpuss-is-legless-this-afternoon-46176.html)

jaysay 14-03-2009 15:35

Bet Bagpuss is legless this afternoon

Bet Bagpuss is legless this afternoon:D and I bet we don't here from Mancie for a day or two either. Its surprising what happens when you have a decent Ref who is not afraid of making the right decisions, irrespective of in whose favour its in at Old Trafford, for a minute I tough the game was at the cricket ground 1-4 is a mauling in anybodies book and it weren't luck neither:mosher:

Mancie 14-03-2009 16:25

Re: Bet Bagpuss is legless this afternoon

No problems with the Ref...United have been less than convincing lately and a deafeat has been on the cards ...very bad in defence today ...Vidic was under pressure the whole match until he got the red card and the 3rd goal killed us off, to be honest I thought Liverpool just played their normal game.. I don't think they played any better than usuall but United had little response...the scoreline is hard to take (jammy scouse gits) ;)

jambutty 14-03-2009 16:26

One swallow does not a summer make.

One win at Old Trafford does not a Premiership Title gain.

shakermaker 14-03-2009 16:30

United won't mind taking one embarrassing result as they've got the league in the bag. It's just one game.

As much as I'd like to see someone else win the title, no one even comes close to United in terms of deserving it.

Give it a couple of seasons and the blues will rule the roost :)

jaysay 14-03-2009 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 692377)
No problems with the Ref...United have been less than convincing lately and a deafeat has been on the cards ...very bad in defence today ...Vidic was under pressure the whole match until he got the red card and the 3rd goal killed us off, to be honest I thought Liverpool just played their normal game.. I don't think they played any better than usuall but United had little response...the scoreline is hard to take (jammy scouse gits) ;)

Nice one Mancie, at least you can take defeat like a gentleman, just:D

Mancie 14-03-2009 17:33

And one scouser does not a crimewave make......Ummmm! :D

Bagpuss 14-03-2009 21:14

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 692365)
Bet Bagpuss is legless this afternoon:D

I've had one or two:D
Mancie I hate good losers so don't try to make out you're one.
Jam Butty I can't be bothered and where is "yerself", I hope we draw you scum in the Champions League because Rafa has you lot sussed, can we play you every week.:D:D:D:D

nortype 14-03-2009 21:26

nowt jammy about it liverpool far better on the day a good result will make sir? a have a rethink good for football. and united penalty was a no no.

churchman phil 14-03-2009 22:55

....and I've had a few too Bagpuss!!
4-1 in their own backyard is a result to die for. I know the Prem is probably too much with games remaining but Hell - we'll be in the mix and the mancs will be looking over their shoulders....

....Utd won't like it at Fulham next game out....

lindsay ormerod 14-03-2009 23:15

Ok guys, you know I am not heavy handed but a little common decency please!
Keep it on track!
Ta!

shakermaker 15-03-2009 02:12

Saw the highlights on MotD. United were very poor indeed. Rooney came back from injury too soon - he isn't playing well and his frustration doesn't help the team. Evra (who is usually as solid as they come) made two or three massive mistakes. I don't think Vidic should've been sent off. With regards to his glaring howler; 99 times out of 100 he would've dealt with that ball over the top no problem - Liverpool got a little lucky there - but Torres showed his quality as the best striker in the league to finish it off.

All in all I think United needed that result today. One major f* up to get them on the right track.
They'll win the league before the end of the season.

yerself 15-03-2009 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagpuss
and where is "yerself"

I'm here. An uncharacteristically poor display by United in general and Vidic in particular, though he should never have been sent off. For once the penalty awarded to Gerrard was the correct decision, must be the first time in a long while he hasn't dived. A minor blip, who's going lift the Premiership trophy though, Bagpuss?

churchman phil 15-03-2009 10:24

So I take it you disagree with Ferguson's quote of "We were the better team" then? Shows he's on a different planet....

jaysay 15-03-2009 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 692619)
I'm here. An uncharacteristically poor display by United in general and Vidic in particular, though he should never have been sent off. For once the penalty awarded to Gerrard was the correct decision, must be the first time in a long while he hasn't dived. A minor blip, who's going lift the Premiership trophy though, Bagpuss?

To be quite honest yerself United have been off track once or twice of late, I just wish Mr Wiley had have been the Ref a fortnight ago when the Rovers played United we could well have got a deserved point if not three. To be honest they were far from convincing against Milan during the week, I have never seen United pass the ball that bad for a long time, mind you I'm glad they won, as I'm one of those people who like to see all our teams do well in Europe, except Chelski that is:p:D

yerself 15-03-2009 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchman phil
So I take it you disagree with Ferguson's quote of "We were the better team" then? Shows he's on a different planet....

I hadn't heard or read that quote. I will, however, bow to Fergie's superior knowledge of the game.:D