Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/)
-   -   One Down, Four More to Go (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/one-down-four-more-to-go-54360.html)

Bagpuss 08-08-2010 22:04

Re: One Down, Four More to Go

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 835189)
8 "home grown" out of 25 will be no problem for United...but I can think of quite a few teams were it could be a problem..:D

Liverpool have 8 before you start:D

Mancie 08-08-2010 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagpuss (Post 835273)
Liverpool have 8 before you start:D

cor blimey Slagpuss were did you pop up from?.. you reckon you have 8 in your 25? name them!

Mancie 08-08-2010 22:34

I'll name mine
Cleverly, Wellbeck, Smalling, Gibson, Evans, King, Gill, Wotton..
and could include Brown,Scholes,Giggs..

Mancie 08-08-2010 22:39

lets have some honesty here.. this season there will be more british players in the United team than anyother team in the prem.. and I'll take bets on it!

Bagpuss 08-08-2010 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 835284)
lets have some honesty here.. this season there will be more british players in the United team than anyother team in the prem.. and I'll take bets on it!

I will not argue with that.

Bagpuss 08-08-2010 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 835281)
cor blimey Slagpuss were did you pop up from?.. you reckon you have 8 in your 25? name them!

Some discussion about how many we have but looking at the rules we will be ok as the 8 don't have to be British players if they are under 21:confused:

Would you believe Insua counts as one of the eight.

Mancie 08-08-2010 23:13

Insua ..who is he.. Argentino? no sorry mate this is about British/English lads in the first 25.. he sounds like a right orrible bastard...he's dad probably had it on his toes when the Paras turned up at Goose Green :D

Wynonie Harris 09-08-2010 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 835268)
Not good enough to be asked to go for a trial at AS but OK for Burnley, same thing for all the AGS boys of the time, not even the reserve Lancashire & England schoolboy keeper was asked to go for a trial - he finished up playing for Blackpool Reserves I believe.
Scots, irish & Welsh are not English, they each have their own leagues and each qualify for the European Championship, European Cup and World Cup - therefore they must be foreigners, certainly in this context.

Ah, so now we get down to the crux of your antipathy towards your hometown team...bitterness. A helluva long time to carry a chip on your shoulder, Barrie!

As for foreign players, I thought the whole controversy was over the number of players in each team who are non-UK citizens and therefore have to apply for work permits and all the other rigmarole? As far as I'm aware, that doesn't apply to Scottish players (yet).

jaysay 09-08-2010 08:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 835237)
You might not have made that remark if you'd seen them hold premiership side, Fulham at bay for around 70 minutes last season until they somewhat unfairly had a man sent off. Typically, at the end of the match their manager decided the team were far too grand to change and shower in Stanley's changing rooms and they were whisked off to their hotel in true, elitist, Tory fashion.

Mancie, I've been to Old Trafford once a few seasons ago and I do not know how you, as a man of the people, can stomach it. It reeks of smug, self-satisfied, corporate capitalism - a place where all the traditional values of football have been cast aside in the pursuit of mamon.

You can laugh at Stanley, but I take a pride in standing on the terraces of the Clayton End in a real atmosphere with real fans, supporting my home town club.

Just like the Tories, the premiership clubs know the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

You might be better off asking how many times a season Mancie actually graces the stands of the Theatre of Merchandising, very few if ever;)

jaysay 09-08-2010 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 835268)
Not good enough to be asked to go for a trial at AS but OK for Burnley, same thing for all the AGS boys of the time, not even the reserve Lancashire & England schoolboy keeper was asked to go for a trial - he finished up playing for Blackpool Reserves I believe.
Scots, irish & Welsh are not English, they each have their own leagues and each qualify for the European Championship, European Cup and World Cup - therefore they must be foreigners, certainly in this context.

Was that Goal Keeper David Johnston by any chance Barrie

jaysay 09-08-2010 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 835283)
I'll name mine
Cleverly, Wellbeck, Smalling, Gibson, Evans, King, Gill, Wotton..
and could include Brown,Scholes,Giggs..

Smalling don't count he ain't been at the club betwen the ageof 18 & 21:p

jaysay 09-08-2010 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 835294)
Insua ..who is he.. Argentino? no sorry mate this is about British/English lads in the first 25.. he sounds like a right orrible bastard...he's dad probably had it on his toes when the Paras turned up at Goose Green :D

There again Mancie not having a clue what he's on about, each team has to have 8 players registered who have been at the club minimum between the ages of 18 & 21 irrespective of their country of birth:p i. e Fagrigas at Arsenal

Wynonie Harris 09-08-2010 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 835317)
Was that Goal Keeper David Johnston by any chance Barrie

Well, we both know who the "foreign player" was, who was donning the green jersey for Stanley at the time, don't we, Jaysay? A mutual friend of yours and my old fella's, I believe. I wonder if he regards himself as a "foreign player"? ;)

jaysay 09-08-2010 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 835338)
Well, we both know who the "foreign player" was, who was donning the green jersey for Stanley at the time, don't we, Jaysay? A mutual friend of yours and my old fella's, I believe. I wonder if he regards himself as a "foreign player"? ;)

Well you can call him a foreign player if you want, I'll pass thank you:D
Oh by the way he lives in At Anns on Sea, now Wyn

Wynonie Harris 09-08-2010 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 835340)
Well you can call him a foreign player if you want, I'll pass thank you:D
Oh by the way he lives in At Anns on Sea, now Wyn

I certainly wouldn't call him a "foreign player"...he's a big bloke, if I remember rightly. Barrie can, if he wants to. ;)