Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/)
-   -   Mancie's Thread - The Scousers search for the Holy Grail (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/mancies-thread-the-scousers-search-for-the-holy-grail-66390.html)

Barrie Yates 06-08-2014 15:32

Mancie's Thread - The Scousers search for the Holy Grail

As Mancie still doesn’t appear to be around on here I thought I would start the usual thread under his name again as we have all had much amusement from it in the past – and the Scousers are still chasing a title – their first Premiership:alright:

Barrie Yates 06-08-2014 15:36

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Scousers search for the Holy Grail

Oh dear, what a shame but never mind it was only a pre-season “friendly”:tongueout
I think it is so very unfair that Johnson is being given so much stick for being outclassed by one of our dummies. As I am sure that, along with lots of other La Crème supporters, Jammy Dodger should persevere with him, certainly until we have played in the league.;)
Really grateful that Jammy Dodger has passed on some of his knowledge and experience – can anyone remind me of what experience he has and what he has won?:rolleyes:
Is this going to be the season when the scousers finally win the league, or are they going to manage to screw it again – can it really be a quarter of a century since they have been English champions?:alright:
La crème? – still work in progress but encouraging signs, far better pre-season than last year, should be interesting to see what develops over the next 4 weeks.:hidewall:
Can Burnley manage a successful season? It would be nice to get back to the numbers that I can just about remember when we (Lancashire), had almost double figures in the First Division – September Saturdays at Bloomfield Rd and then the Tower or the Winter Gardens before the ride home on the Passion Wagon were wonderful days.:)
Are the deadwoods going to survive another season or are they intent on meeting Stanley in League One?:p
Are Stanley going to consolidate on last season and be in the push for promotion – what a wonderful achievement if they manage it, here’s hoping they do.:)
What will be, will be – I am sure there will be enjoyment for some and sadness for others – as usual.:eek:

DaveinGermany 06-08-2014 17:49

2 posts & a sneaky gloat already eh Bazza? ;) Let's see what happens when it really counts, bring it on 2014 -15! Let the games begin! :D

Barrie Yates 06-08-2014 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1112551)
2 posts & a sneaky gloat already eh Bazza? ;) Let's see what happens when it really counts, bring it on 2014 -15! Let the games begin! :D

No gloating DinG, could be that the Jammy Dodger uses all his experience and know how to find a replacement for Hannibal and end 25 years of misery. To be honest I thought the Scousers played well against us - well, sort of seeing that we are at the start of the bath - tub curve this year:alright:

DaveinGermany 07-08-2014 05:05

After initial doubts about our Bren when he first started at the "Pool", I do believe he's grown into the position & the Anfield mindset. Suarez is now history, he did his bit (good & bad) for us & now a new season & chapter is in the offing. Like I say, lets wait & see what happens when it matters.

Looking forward to a good season & plenty of banter with the Mankies & others. :)

cashman 07-08-2014 07:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1112601)
After initial doubts about our Bren when he first started at the "Pool", I do believe he's grown into the position & the Anfield mindset. Suarez is now history, he did his bit (good & bad) for us & now a new season & chapter is in the offing. Like I say, lets wait & see what happens when it matters.

Looking forward to a good season & plenty of banter with the Mankies & others. :)

The only reason yeh can have plenty of banter,is the fact most Mankies don't come from Manchester.:D

Boeing Guy 16-08-2014 13:47

Van Gaal, record breaker.
Two records broken.
It's been 42 years since Man U lost their first game of the season.
And the First time Swansea have won at Old Trafford
Genius

Chewbacca 16-08-2014 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 1113520)
Van Gaal, record breaker.
Two records broken.
It's been 42 years since Man U lost their first game of the season.
And the First time Swansea have won at Old Trafford
Genius

I think I remember Chelsea beating them first game of the season in Jose's first game, Villa too with that overused Hanson quote, probably quite a few more I reckon in the last 42 years.

Alan Varrechia 16-08-2014 23:35

Not so much the theatre of dreams as the comedy club......:D:D:D:D

Boeing Guy 17-08-2014 17:33

'4th? You're Having A Laugh' | Manchester United 1 Swansea 2 | FAN CAM - YouTube

Oh dear...........

DaveinGermany 17-08-2014 17:47

2 - 1 Ain't so bad Bazza, funnily enough that was the same as the Pools result, only we won ......... ;)

cashman 17-08-2014 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1113551)
I think I remember Chelsea beating them first game of the season in Jose's first game, Villa too with that overused Hanson quote, probably quite a few more I reckon in the last 42 years.

According to the Sunday Paper not so.:D

gpick24 17-08-2014 19:09

Mancie's Thread - The Scousers search for the Holy Grail

Perhaps the Chelsea game was away. It's first opening day defeat at home in 42 years.

cashman 17-08-2014 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1113672)
Perhaps the Chelsea game was away. It's first opening day defeat at home in 42 years.

It was actually, though me Sunday paper dont word it like that, only elsewhere tucked away, But doubt if its a deliberate attempt to mislead or sensationalize.:D:D

gpick24 17-08-2014 21:53

Any new record with man u getting beat can only be a good thing.:)

Barrie Yates 17-08-2014 22:32

Just finished watching the weekend’s games. Not as good as I had hoped for La Crème, but not as bad as I expected. VG must have seen enough now decide who is deadwood to get rid of the. He did say it would take 3 months to pull them round, and apparently patience is a virtue and we can’t be that bad for 2 years running – can we?
Scousers scraped through against a team that appeared to have been in a fire sale – all their “decent” players sold and yet were unlucky to lose. The Scousers are going to have to improve greatly to mount a challenge to end their 25 year wait for the League title.
Mind you. The NN weren’t too impressive and were fortunate to win.
Tomorrow will be interesting to see how Burnley get on against Chelsea
I see the Deadwoods are making an early challenge for the title.
Pity that Stanley aren’t doing anything yet except losing.

Barrie Yates 17-08-2014 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1113672)

No record lives forever - except perhaps the Scousers wait for a League Championship. Is it really 25 years already?:tongueout

DaveinGermany 18-08-2014 05:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1113730)
No record lives forever - except perhaps the Scousers wait for a League Championship. Is it really 25 years already?:tongueout

Now that is a gloat! :D

Boeing Guy 18-08-2014 07:06

So Liverpool win and they are worse than a mid table team who lose.........
Must be nice to live in the world of the Manc supporter.
Barrie, you got rid of Ferdinand, Vidic and Evra and who did you replace them with?
You have a mad genius as Manager, who loves showing his genitals to his players. A flawed striker who is on £300k a week for the next 4 years and now is Capt.....paid a fortune for Shaw and Herrera.......
And you think you can have a dig at other teams who have improved, while you have just changed your
Manager with no real strategy shown. You will not get Europe league this year, the way things are you will be lucky to finish 6th.

Barrie Yates 18-08-2014 08:35

Is it true that Scousers support Liverpool because they can only spell 9 letter words?
At least VG does have a track record - what has the Jammy Dodger ever won - don't worry though, 25 years and counting, and counting, and counting:tongueout

Boeing Guy 19-08-2014 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1113750)
Is it true that Scousers support Liverpool because they can only spell 9 letter words?

As opposed to 8 for the plastics, Yer'nited?:tongueout

DaveinGermany 19-08-2014 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1113750)
Scousers support Liverpool because they can only spell 9 letter words?

Testicles! ;) :D

Barrie Yates 20-08-2014 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1113951)
Testicles! ;) :D

Didn't want to know what keeps your ears apart, too much information;):)

DaveinGermany 20-08-2014 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1114074)
too much information;):)

Deary, Deary me Barrie, it wasn't for information, it was a description of the Mankies playing style. :D

Boeing Guy 21-08-2014 11:30

Saw this on another forum:

Rojo Rojo row your boat
Gently down the league
Merrily merrily merrily
Into the championship

However David Conn in the Guardian writes a very informative piece about the future of Man U.
The Glazers continue to thrive while Manchester United flounder | David Conn | Football | The Guardian

Barrie Yates 21-08-2014 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 1114189)
Saw this on another forum:

Rojo Rojo row your boat
Gently down the league
Merrily merrily merrily
Into the championship

However David Conn in the Guardian writes a very informative piece about the future of Man U.
The Glazers continue to thrive while Manchester United flounder | David Conn | Football | The Guardian

Who flies the aeroplane while you are searching the web to come up with quotes from other sources:rolleyes: - how about some original thought from you? Sorry, I should have realised that is impossible for you as you have consistently proved that is beyond you being a Scouse supporter

Boeing Guy 22-08-2014 02:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1114238)
Who flies the aeroplane while you are searching the web to come up with quotes from other sources:rolleyes: - how about some original thought from you? Sorry, I should have realised that is impossible for you as you have consistently proved that is beyond you being a Scouse supporter

Not even two games into the season and already your making the banter personal.:rolleyes:

Barrie Yates 22-08-2014 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 1114302)
Not even two games into the season and already your making the banter personal.:rolleyes:

Just following your lead:alright:

I guess that Jammy Dodger has been taking lessons from our MP.
I am sure that earlier this month he "Categorically" denied that Balotelli would ever be a Liverpool player, perhaps I misread, or misheard something - perhaps?
After getting rid of one lunatic he has got himself another one - well how else could you describe his antics whilst at the Council Estate? Does make you wonder who is running the asylum.
Hope you have a good weekend.;)

cashman 24-08-2014 16:56

Well uniteds had a storming start to the season, Already as many pts as Stanley n played 2 games less, What a team.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Boeing Guy 24-08-2014 17:03

Corner Turned......oh hang on

DaveinGermany 24-08-2014 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1114608)
Well uniteds had a storming start to the season, Already as many pts as Stanley n played 2 games less, What a team.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ah, but the Mankies did it far more expensively! ;)

Barrie Yates 24-08-2014 17:58

A success day - any day that we don't lose is a success :rolleyes: What can be expected with Fletcher, Cleverley & Young in midfield - only time will tell so I will just have to keep on taking the flak.
Sad day today - I do suspect that this thread was originally started by Mancie to wind up Jay, we don't know what the state is with Mancie but learnt today about Jay. I am sure you will all agree with me for once that we will miss him - at least Rovers got a win yesterday, so a big wave to see him on his way:wave8:
Stanley improved, but Burnley doing worse than us - and that takes some doing.
We will see what tomorrow brings when the Pretenders meet the NN :tongueout, a pity they didn't sign the nut case in time for him to play:rolleyes:

Alan Varrechia 26-08-2014 23:40

MK Dons. Snigger. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Boeing Guy 27-08-2014 08:20

Now now Alan, La Creme have had a tough start to the season, the dreaded Swansea, the uber tough Sunderland and now the Mighty MK Dons, what do you expect against such tough teams.
After all they have not spent much in the Transfer Market, only £137m and counting, paying Nani's wages during his loan, poor scouse badge kisser on only £300k per week.

Surely they can beat the mighty Burnley can't they????????

Barrie Yates 27-08-2014 09:46

Hansen might have been wrong but if he said it today he would be bang on the money. Not just the kids but established, international players, who should have been trying to prove to VG or other managers, how good they are were all absolute crap.
The new system does not appear to be working, I always had the idea that you used a system that suited the players that you have and then gradually change it as new players who would suit your intended change of style arrive.
LVG did say there would be no instant fix so will just have to be patient like the Scousers - 25 years and still counting.
Bit surprised that the Scousers lot let the NN score 4 times without a reply.
Early days, what will be will be, but we will be back and unlikely to have to wait 25 years to win the League again.

cashman 27-08-2014 10:20

Have to say M.K.Dons were one of the most despised teams in the land,......................Until last Night.:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rof l38:

DaveinGermany 27-08-2014 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1114833)
Early days, what will be will be, but we will be back and unlikely to have to wait 25 years to win the League again.

Hmmm, counting chickens springs to mind. ;) Now if only you'd been playing Mc D's. :D

Alan Varrechia 27-08-2014 11:31

Got to hand it to yuniturd fans, they are optimistic. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Alan Varrechia 27-08-2014 20:24

1 Attachment(s)
:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d.

Barrie Yates 30-08-2014 15:51

Success - we didn't lose. Looks like there might be some other surprises this weekend, could be interesting.

Scouse supporters are still counting, no doubt hoping to have a Silver Celebration when they win the Premiership - or will it be Gold?

Barrie Yates 30-08-2014 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia (Post 1114839)
Got to hand it to yuniturd fans, they are optimistic. :D:D:D:D:D:D

We aren't waiting to win our first League Title in 25 years - keep on counting:tongueout

cashman 30-08-2014 16:59

Aye certainly on the up now, a draw at Burnley.:D

Alan Varrechia 31-08-2014 01:20

Actually Barrie, I'm a lifelong City supporter so haven't been waiting at all. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Boeing Guy 31-08-2014 16:20

Nevermind Barrie, I am sure Man U will succeed in the Champions League......oh maybe not.
Sill there is always the Capital One Cup......then again.
Well you must take comfort in the fact that you have spent over £130 million on four players.
I am sure no one in the championship will be able to match that next year:alright:

You know the Championship is the new Premiership :tongueout
No long now, keep playing the van gaal way.:alright:

cashman 31-08-2014 18:02

Think i heard yesterday, Man U. have spent more on the latest recruit,than the Dingles have spent in their history,:eek: Well never mind Charlie Austin scored the winner fer QPR.:D

Barrie Yates 02-09-2014 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia (Post 1115175)
Actually Barrie, I'm a lifelong City supporter so haven't been waiting at all. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

But how long did you have to wait? - surely it couldn't have been as long as the scousers have - have you thought of going to night school for English and then you can learn to spell words of more than 4 letters:alright:

Barrie Yates 02-09-2014 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1115252)
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Would never dream of arguing with you Cashy;)

Alan Varrechia 02-09-2014 19:18

Barrie I would sooner wait than support manure. :D:D:D. Just as I'm sure that if this is the start of a utd decline some fans will carry supporting, but the plastics will leave in their droves.

Barrie Yates 08-09-2014 09:29

So they get rid of one idiot and get a new one - apparently Balotelli was substituted by agreement, rather than being sent off after kicking out at an opposition player in a "friendly" match:rolleyes::alright:

cashman 08-09-2014 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1116315)
So they get rid of one idiot and get a new one - apparently Balotelli was substituted by agreement, rather than being sent off after kicking out at an opposition player in a "friendly" match:rolleyes::alright:

So did united it seems. but that was Managers.:D

AccyMad 08-09-2014 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1116315)

There's a big difference between someone who bites another player & one who maybe gets a little frustrated & kicks out - not that I'm condoning the kicking but everyone can make mistakes & if I remember rightly even the legend that is David Beckham was guilty of it at one time :rolleyes:

Barrie Yates 14-09-2014 23:28

Somewhat surprised:rolleyes: that the scousers and the NN are keeping their opinions to themselves this weekend:hidewall:
Great win for Stanley - perhaps they are better off without a manager. Rovers must have played a blinder - I know someone who is smiling wherever he is now.
Poor Jammy Dodger - England staff caused his player to be injured and as he went shopping in the Charity Shop instead of Harrod's, seeing as the 2 strikers he brought in - was it only 2?, were unable to score. But in all honesty it was like watching Brazil - Ice Hockey team:tongueout
NN were lucky against a good Arsenal effort but the team for this year must be Chelsea - unless they implode.
As for La Crème - well, early days yet but encouraging signs certainly. All the new chaps were impressive although they had taken their feet off the pedal when Falcao came on - now only 1 point behind the scousers:alright:

DaveinGermany 15-09-2014 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1117029)
now only 1 point behind the scousers:alright:

The points are immaterial Barrie, the salient point is the one in bold. ;) :)

Barrie Yates 16-09-2014 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1117052)
The points are immaterial Barrie, the salient point is the one in bold. ;) :)

After last year it is a big improvement:D
Sincerely, I do hope the scousers do OK tonight, after 5 years, 4 managers, over 40 new players and approx £400 spent, they do deserve to do better than the last time:alright:

DaveinGermany 16-09-2014 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1117328)
after 5 years, 4 managers, over 40 new players and approx £400 spent, they do deserve to do better than the last time:alright:

Just because I gave you a like don't mean I can't tell you to "wind yer' neck in!" You chopsy Mank. ;) :D

Barrie Yates 17-09-2014 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1117332)
Just because I gave you a like don't mean I can't tell you to "wind yer' neck in!" You chopsy Mank. ;) :D

Hey DinG, they won, so I am pleased for you - honestly;)
They are going to have to improve a great deal though if they want to progress out of the group stage, allowing an away goal could cost them very dear.:alright:

DaveinGermany 21-09-2014 12:13

Won't be long now before a certain someone comes smugging along. ;)

cashman 21-09-2014 14:41

Another stunning comeback...........................oops wrong side.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Barrie Yates 21-09-2014 16:39

What a crap display - it all seemed to go wrong when the very dodgy penalty was awarded - the foul immediately before it was certainly more of a foul than what he gave the first penalty for. No disagreement with the second one - Clattenberg must have had some money on the result or the number of penalties awarde.
Here I was thinking that a win would put us ahead of the hub cap collectors after their dismal display yesterday - gloom.
Good result for Stanley although they almost threw away all the great work they had put in.
Burnley look as though they want to set a record for the most number of consecutive draws, they have got to start winning especially at home.
Rovers scraped through again but at least it was a win, but as most teams that go to the Cottage seem to manage that.
Next weekend should be interesting

Alan Varrechia 22-09-2014 09:18

What do Manchester United and Richard III have in common?
That's right - they were both buried in Leicester.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Barrie Yates 22-09-2014 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia (Post 1118281)
What do Manchester United and Richard III have in common?
That's right - they were both buried in Leicester.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Seems as though your lot aren't doing too well - spending all that money over the last few years and now screwed on the FP ruling. Only managing to get 50K or so of a crowd? The council house must sound like all the family are on holiday:tongueout

Barrie Yates 22-09-2014 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1118217)
Another stunning comeback...........................oops wrong side.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Your lot are doing brilliantly of course:rolleyes: Good to see them off the bottom of the league, hope your re-tread manager does OK before he walks out on them again;)

Barrie Yates 22-09-2014 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1118205)
Won't be long now before a certain someone comes smugging along. ;)

After last season I wouldn't dare be smug;)
However, I will refrain from comparing your lot to the Brazil Ice Hockey team as it is grossly unfair - I have nothing against anything Brazilian;)

DaveinGermany 22-09-2014 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1118320)
I have nothing against anything Brazilian;)

Nuts! :D

Barrie Yates 22-09-2014 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1118328)
Nuts! :D

There are some nutters I do like - I just make sure my hub caps are safely in the boot when I meet them:hidewall:

cashman 23-09-2014 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1118388)
There are some nutters I do like - I just make sure my hub caps are safely in the boot when I meet them:hidewall:

Ive never touched yer hub caps Barrie.:eek:

Barrie Yates 23-09-2014 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1118428)
Ive never touched yer hub caps Barrie.:eek:

Brilliant Cashy, but how did you guess?:D:D:D

Barrie Yates 28-09-2014 17:39

Where have all the scousers gone:rolleyes:

DaveinGermany 28-09-2014 17:46

Still here Barrie, just biding our time. :)

Barrie Yates 28-09-2014 17:50

Where have all the scousers gone – they can’t all be out collecting hub caps. A really bad week for them, drawing with Everton – isn’t that as bad as losing to United, and also to be investigated under the Fair Play Rules – surprised to see that they lost almost £90M in the last two seasons – probably due to the small gates they get, poor international exposure and impractical transfer policy over the last few years:tongueout
Oh yes, the big news now, for the moment anyway, they are 1 point behind La Crème – what a difference a week makes eh DinG?:D
Great for Stanley, an away win, back to back wins – Wow, can they maintain this roll and do we see them challenging at the end of the season? A win next week would really boost them up the table – here’s hoping:alright:
Another great day for the deadwoods – they managed to stave off defeat, a good result for them:rolleyes:
The Clarets need to start putting something together soon otherwise they will have to suffer Deadwood Park again next season – providing the deadwoods can stay up;)
Seemed very comfortable for la Crème until they gave away that goal and then Rooney had to show his Merseyside upbringing. Played some great football early on but were somewhat lucky to get 3 points – 3 points DinG:whack:

DaveinGermany 28-09-2014 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1119030)
then Rooney had to show his Merseyside upbringing

He's an Evertonian, so you can't expect to much. :D
lucky to get 3 points – 3 points DinG:whack:

Points, schmoints! Early doors still & as you say, a lot can happen in a week so just imagine what can happen in a couple of months. :)

cashman 28-09-2014 19:01

Stanley were very lucky to come away wi 3 Pts Barrie yesterday, But very unlucky to lose at Bury a few weeks ago, so a case of swings n roundabouts i reckon.

Barrie Yates 29-09-2014 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1119032)
Points, schmoints! Early doors still & as you say, a lot can happen in a week so just imagine what can happen in a couple of months. :)

One can but dream:)

Barrie Yates 29-09-2014 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1119043)
Stanley were very lucky to come away wi 3 Pts Barrie yesterday, But very unlucky to lose at Bury a few weeks ago, so a case of swings n roundabouts i reckon.

Quite true Cashy, but let us hope that they are now gaining in confidence and can carry on collecting points:)

Barrie Yates 02-10-2014 14:31

I note the scousers got their heads down again:hidewall:
Oh dear, what a shame, never mind. Good chance for you to win a game and overtake us this weekend:rolleyes:

Barrie Yates 05-10-2014 15:39

:hidewall: No sign of the scousers even though they won a game, two points ahead of us for a little while, but once again now one point behind - don't get upset chaps, it can't stay like that;)
Great win for Stanley - top half of the table and only 2 points off the play off places. Here's hoping that Coleman stays the course and continues this winning streak.
Rovers still riding their luck and scraping a scoreless draw - at home:rolleyes:
Burnley got a point, but unless they sort things out it is going to be another short stay in the Premier, mind you the parachute payment will help if they are relegated:(
A week off for everyone except Stanley and they should have a good chance of beating D & R, that would be absolutely fantastic.:D

cashman 05-10-2014 21:38

Would be even better if the other teams fans ventured oer to see Stanley Next Sat, Be a great opportunity to see what there missing.;)

Barrie Yates 05-10-2014 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1119754)
Would be even better if the other teams fans ventured oer to see Stanley Next Sat, Be a great opportunity to see what there missing.;)

Not next Saturday but trying to go and see the La Crème U-21 against them:D

DaveinGermany 06-10-2014 04:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1119754)

Shall be there next Sat with the Witch, the annual pilgrimage home starts this Wednesday. :D

Barrie Yates 06-10-2014 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1119774)
Shall be there next Sat with the Witch, the annual pilgrimage home starts this Wednesday. :D

Thought you had already been on holiday - or were you just keeping your head below the parapet?:D

DaveinGermany 06-10-2014 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1119790)
Thought you had already been on holiday - or were you just keeping your head below the parapet?:D

No, no hols so far just a couple of long week-ends when my Dad was over. As to keeping below the parapet, I prefer to see it as waiting for the right moment to sally forth! ;) :D

Barrie Yates 07-10-2014 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1119839)
sally forth! ;) :D

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting her DinG :D

cashman 07-10-2014 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1119774)

We lurk in the Greyhound pre match these days dave. twill be my last un our pilgimage starts next weds.:D

DaveinGermany 07-10-2014 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1119890)
I haven't had the pleasure of meeting her DinG :D

Think yourself lucky! :eek: :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1119893)
We lurk in the Greyhound pre match these days dave. twill be my last un our pilgimage starts next weds.:D

I shall present myself to the appropriate authorities come Saturday. ;)

Barrie Yates 21-10-2014 15:57

Not a good week for La Crème, definitely still work in progress, a great pity we couldn't get the opposition to score a couple of goals for us like the scousers managed - 5 goals and the opposition scored 4 of them.
I am sure Balotelli will score one day, feelings for the other one from Southampton, now he can't get a game, being kept out by a chap who can't score. Maybe he will put it all together against Real.
Chelsea and the NN are both steaming on but it will be interesting to see how they do next weekend - hoping that Chelsea suffer a massive hangover at the weekend.
Burnley still struggling, going to have to get a good run going or they will be out of it by Christmas.
Good result for the deadwoods but a pity that Stanley couldn't get their winning ways back.
An interesting week in front of us - scousers now pulling away from La Crème but we are in transition and they are going to win the title at long last - didn't the dodger say that was the target?

Barrie Yates 22-10-2014 22:45

Couldn't believe the score 0-3. I thought it would have been more than that the way that RM walked through the scousers "defence" Still, after the other result they could progress further. Where were Balotelli and Lambert, and Sterling must have had "heavy" legs again.

Barrie Yates 26-10-2014 14:32

Scousers must all be on holiday, well, I know DinG has been, after yesterday's good result I thought we might have heard from them - BG doesn't fly for a Malaysian Airline does he?
Certainly an improvement yesterday, a clean sheet and a point further ahead of La Crème - and today's match is a foregone conclusion, ah well.
Great day for Rovers, what a recovery and now only 4 points away from the top.
Burnley getting deeper in trouble, saw a little of the game and there was some good play from Burnley. I think it just proves that any team that gets promoted must speculate cash to achieve anything.
A good result from Stanley, just a pity they couldn't hold the lead but Newport are 8 places above them in the league so a point away must be considered good.
The NN have suddenly gone quiet.

DaveinGermany 26-10-2014 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1122131)
Scousers must all be on holiday, well, I know DinG has been, after yesterday's good result I thought we might have heard from them.

We're still here Barrie, just quietly watching. ;)

Barrie Yates 26-10-2014 18:24

You might be but what about your acolytes?
Good game today, kept on your coat tails, certainly getting better and when VP gets fully fit and WR is back plus the injuries are finally cleared up - just hope we don't get an infection of "heavy legs" a la Sterling.
When are the dodgers "chosen ones" (Balotelli & Lambert), going to start being strikers - football that is, not Mum's neighbours:tongueout:D

Eric 27-10-2014 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1122166)
You might be but what about your acolytes?
Good game today, kept on your coat tails, certainly getting better and when VP gets fully fit and WR is back plus the injuries are finally cleared up - just hope we don't get an infection of "heavy legs" a la Sterling.
When are the dodgers "chosen ones" (Balotelli & Lambert), going to start being strikers - football that is, not Mum's neighbours:tongueout:D

Actually watched the game ... not bad at all; very entertaining ... I do think that, for United, that this just might be "the end of the beginning". Seemed like some real team spirit was happening. Alto' the Dutch guy did make a mistake selling Wellbeck, he'll probably do well. There seem to be lots of positves ... De Gea, for example, what is he? 23? Looks like they won't have to worry about goaltending for a while. I was always impressed by him ... even when he was making the occasional screw up. But there is no shortage of good goalies in the league, unlike the officials. Football must be the worst refereed sport on the planet. I've watched a couple of dozen hockey games so far this season, and have not seen any dodgy calls by the guys in the striped shirts.

Anyway, back to the World Series and the beautiful game on ice.:D

DaveinGermany 02-11-2014 16:07

Well! We were poor no denying it, but it seems the Manky U's aren't taking advantage. :rolleyes:

Barrie Yates 03-11-2014 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1122744)
Well! We were poor no denying it, but it seems the Manky U's aren't taking advantage. :rolleyes:

We were playing the reigning champions:alright:

Quite a good week all round for our teams except Burnley.
La Crème only going 1-0 down to the NN, better than last year and quite an effort after the stupidity of Smalling and the unfortunate injury to Rojo – work still in progress but doing OK – got Chelsea and the NN out of the way.
Another good week for the scousers, only losing 3 goals against RM but of course that was at Anfield – what will this week bring for them, after going down to Newcastle – dodger doesn’t see to be doing too well with his “chosen ones” – hadn’t realised he has spent over £215M since 2012, some good investments there. I wonder how long he can hide behind the Italian clown.:tongueout
Good results for Stanley and the deadwoods, just hope they can keep it up to the end of the season although I would dearly love to see Stanley playing a local derby against the deadwoods.:D

Barrie Yates 04-11-2014 17:20

It can't be true, must be a false rumour - do Scousers really intend to fly a banner over the next match saying that "Dodgy" must go?:alright:
Must be a scurrilous ploy by La Crème fans:tongueout

hyndburner 09-11-2014 17:00

A Liverpool fan said to me recently 'Form is temporary, class is timeless'.

Something about that comment coming from a Liverpool fan didn't sound quite right, so I looked up their record since they were founded.

Apart from a fairly tight envelope of success between 1977 and 1989 (12 years) Liverpool's success over the last 100+ years isn't much better than any other premiership team.

They spent most of the 1950s and early 1960s in the second division, and with no success in their domestic league for over 25 years, the idea that Liverpool are anything other than a run of the mill team doesn't really hold much water.

Barrie Yates 10-11-2014 17:17

There are a lot of strange things happening! DinG seems to be the only surviving scouse supporter - was BG flying with Malaysian Airline or could he be in the hands of IS? No he is probably burying his head along with his hopes of a Premiership Title on some far off tropical beach.
Not much coming out of the NN camp either, perhaps because they are falling further behind Chelsea and looking for the entrance into the Europa Cup.
Stanley continuing their good run, let us hope it continues - the Cup to bring some extra revenue and points to get into the play off places at least.
Great day for Burnley, perhaps that will set them off on a good run and get them out of relegation danger.
Even the deadwoods are doing OK, is it going to continue or will they revert to mediocrity?
La Crème still not doing well, work still in progress but at least we are in the top half of the league, quite a few places above the scousers who were said to be going to the top this season, but Jammy Dodgers somehow never really lived up to their promise. Perhaps he will be able to rest more of his players this next week unless Naughty Roy plays any of them for England. We will see - funny old game is football.

DaveinGermany 10-11-2014 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1123283)
DinG seems to be the only surviving scouse supporter

Proper little martyr me! :D

Barrie Yates 10-11-2014 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1123286)
Proper little martyr me! :D

Tenacity Mate, tenacity - or a "Glutton for Punishment":D:D:D

Barrie Yates 23-11-2014 17:27

Can't believe this, must be living a dream. I just wish we didn't have so many injuries and were playing well, then it really would be a fantasy.:rolleyes:
After a season of taking all the crap from last year, how the world has changed.:tongueout
All the scousers - except good old DinG, have deserted their favourite club, "Where have all the Scousers gone, short time passing".
It really is unbelievable, La Crème in the top four and the scousers only 3 points above the relegation zone:alright:
How long before they get rid of the Dodger - hasn't shown much sense in buying players has he;)
It cannot last, things must revert to normal with the scousers achieving their normal levels and La Crème falling by the wayside - after all we are a team in transition:alright::D
Good luck in the CL next week you scousers - remember if you fail then you are in the Europa League and you really don't want that but it is better than we have got:rolleyes:
Keep the faith DinG, a true loyal supporter - even if somewhat disillusioned:D

DaveinGermany 24-11-2014 04:59

And life still goes on. ;)

yerself 24-11-2014 10:21

The Wisdom of Brendan Rodgers.:D:D

These Brendan Rodgers quotes about Southampton are now a little bit awkward - Mirror Online