Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2009, 21:40   #16
God Member

Re: Barcelona are rubbish

It's all very well splitting open dodgy Spanish defences but as shown the other night... "they don't like it up'em".
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-05-2009, 21:55   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
It's all very well splitting open dodgy Spanish defences but as shown the other night... "they don't like it up'em".
English football at it's best............Thou shalt not pass.
Let's see what the second round produces....I fancy Barca.
Before anyone starts flashing red cards because I dont shout for an English Team, in this case Chelsea, I live in Spain and the only time that I would support an English team playing Barca that would be Blackburn Rovers, who, in their last meeting beat Barca 3 - 1.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 22:10   #18
God Member

Wouldn't give you a hard time for backing the Catalans Royboy, there's enough of the top 4 English clubs ruining domestic football nevermind Europe

I used to watch Barca games regularly and when the current team are in attack they remind me of the strength they had about ten years ago - with Luis Enrique, Kluivert, Rivaldo, Giovanni, etc. However with Puyol playing very poorly of late they're weak at the back. Rafael Marquez isn't the player he used to be, though Pique is promising. They haven't got a Frank De Boer or a Phil Cocu to do the gritty work.

They're not really the best in Europe, but I'd put money on this season's competition saying otherwise.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 23:07   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
i would say they are a damn good footballing side no question, but will go further than shaker, they are a bunch of tarts, who whinged and whined everytime there was a tackle the other night, says me who dislikes chelsea.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:26   #20
God Member

they done Madrid 2-6 last night..now does that say they are the best in Europe ..or does it say the Spanish league is not as good as the Prem?... i say the Prem is the best league in Europe and having 3 English teams in the semis of the champions league for the last 2 years makes it clear.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:42   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i would say they are a damn good footballing side no question, but will go further than shaker, they are a bunch of tarts, who whinged and whined everytime there was a tackle the other night, says me who dislikes chelsea.
Just wonder if they'll bring the sniper with them to the Bridge Wednesday, because last week every time they were tackle they went down like they'd been shot by a sniper
Old 03-05-2009, 14:59   #22
God Member

Quote:
Wouldn't give you a hard time for backing the Catalans Royboy, there's enough of the top 4 English clubs ruining domestic football nevermind Europe

I used to watch Barca games regularly and when the current team are in attack they remind me of the strength they had about ten years ago - with Luis Enrique, Kluivert, Rivaldo, Giovanni, etc. However with Puyol playing very poorly of late they're weak at the back. Rafael Marquez isn't the player he used to be, though Pique is promising. They haven't got a Frank De Boer or a Phil Cocu to do the gritty work.

They're not really the best in Europe, but I'd put money on this season's competition saying otherwise.
I have watched then for years also remeber those players......great.
Funny you should mention Puyol and Pique....They both scored last night, Rafa Marquez is out for the season.

Old 05-05-2009, 21:06   #23
God Member

Bring on Barca!...slaughterd Arsenal so now lets wait to see if it's gonna be Barca or Chelski... umm I may be incorrect but is that 25 games unbeaten in the champions league.. which is a record even the scousers never achieved?
Old 05-05-2009, 21:48   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Bring on Barca!...slaughterd Arsenal so now lets wait to see if it's gonna be Barca or Chelski... umm I may be incorrect but is that 25 games unbeaten in the champions league.. which is a record even the scousers never achieved?
Come on Maciie....if Barca get through, I will bet even money on Barca to beat Man U for £20.
You will have no poroblem collecting your money if you win the bet I will pay by Paypal or cheque.
Go for it my son

And Twenty Quid if you like for Barca to go through?

Last edited by Royboy39; 05-05-2009 at 21:53.
Old 05-05-2009, 22:52   #25
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
umm I may be incorrect but is that 25 games unbeaten in the champions league.. which is a record even the scousers never achieved?
We've won it 5 times, we've won it 5 times.......

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 22:57   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Come on Maciie....if Barca get through, I will bet even money on Barca to beat Man U for £20.
You will have no poroblem collecting your money if you win the bet I will pay by Paypal or cheque.
Go for it my son

And Twenty Quid if you like for Barca to go through?
I'll go down the bookies.
Old 05-05-2009, 23:05   #27
Accy Red

Quote:
umm I may be incorrect but is that 25 games unbeaten in the champions league.. which is a record even the scousers never achieved?
Not bad quite an achievement must be all the group games against nobodies.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 05-05-2009, 23:07   #28
Accy Red

Quote:
I'll go down the bookies.
Chick, chick, chick, chicken, go on put me down for £20 if Barca make the final.

Old 05-05-2009, 23:26   #29
God Member

just a gripe...no late highlights on ITV of the game.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:52   #30
God Member

the job has been done .. now let us feast on the non believers...this task I put upon you..so let them no longer speak of advantges from ..refs nor question the sheer mightyhood of the red army.. for we seek not battle .. we seek glory..and to those who doubt the glory that UTD give to the northwest are just ..sad and bitter who's blindness is for all to see...

Last edited by Mick; 06-05-2009 at 09:29.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..