Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2012, 08:54   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Ewood Chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by heth View Post
The chicken were safe in the Wigan net, the ball wouldnt have gone near it!

Have a look at the pic's on this link, did the Burnley fans really send the plane out?

Blackburn 0 Wigan 1: Antolin Alacaraz secures Latics survival and Rovers relegation | Mail Online
Well if they did they where twenty odd years behind Rovers as usual
Old 08-05-2012, 08:56   #17
Resting in Peace

Well at least next season we get a 6 point head start 34 years and counting
Old 08-05-2012, 16:09   #18
God Member

The more I read about football in the big leagues, the more I tend to the conclusion that the only folks who watch real football are those who turn up to watch teams like Stanley.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 17:49   #19
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
The more I read about football in the big leagues, the more I tend to the conclusion that the only folks who watch real football are those who turn up to watch teams like Stanley.
Karma sent, mate...karma sent!
Old 08-05-2012, 18:19   #20
God Member

The chicken was amusing (some might argue the highlight of the match) but although I can understand the Rovers fans protests against Venky's & Steve Kean & even feel a bit sorry for them with the way their club has been handled since they came in, I thought their behaviour last night was a disgrace. All very well to protest before & after games but during a match, particularly one as crucial as last night's was, to continually chant their protests instead of getting behind their players - how did they think that was going to do any good? They might as well have filled all four sides of Ewood with Wigan fans for all the good they did their team - there's a time & place for venting their feelings against the owners & manager but in my opinion, during the game last night was not it
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 18:52   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
The chicken was amusing (some might argue the highlight of the match) but although I can understand the Rovers fans protests against Venky's & Steve Kean & even feel a bit sorry for them with the way their club has been handled since they came in, I thought their behaviour last night was a disgrace. All very well to protest before & after games but during a match, particularly one as crucial as last night's was, to continually chant their protests instead of getting behind their players - how did they think that was going to do any good? They might as well have filled all four sides of Ewood with Wigan fans for all the good they did their team - there's a time & place for venting their feelings against the owners & manager but in my opinion, during the game last night was not it
AccyMad it wasn't a crucial game last night, Rovers were relegated long before last night, I told cashy at Christmas they were going down if they didn't get rid of Kean. After QPR won and Bolton drew on Saturday, Rovers needed 6 points and a 6 goal turnround in GD, and we play Chelski at the Bridge on Sunday, now they ain't getting much there you can be sure of that. After the crap the fans have taken over the last 18 months the lies the snide comments from the manager and his agent (the advisor to Venky's) and Owners that won't come anywhere near the club, they wont listen, plus a letter sent to Venky's after the Bolton Game at Christmas, by the CEO, has just been leaked, say it was time Kean went as he'd lost the fans and now the dressing room, and he feared for the clubs safety with Kean in charge, but he's still there, its okay on the outside looking in, but its crap on the inside looking out
Old 09-05-2012, 09:36   #22
God Member

I realise that Rovers had the most outside of outside chances there could be on Monday night to survive the drop, but whatever has gone on within the club & as I said before I do sympathise, none of it was the players fault & for them to have to play in such an atmosphere in what for a lot of them would have been their last home game in a Rovers shirt - sorry but I don't think it was fair on them at all.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:10   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I realise that Rovers had the most outside of outside chances there could be on Monday night to survive the drop, but whatever has gone on within the club & as I said before I do sympathise, none of it was the players fault & for them to have to play in such an atmosphere in what for a lot of them would have been their last home game in a Rovers shirt - sorry but I don't think it was fair on them at all.
Has it been fair to fans who pay between £15 and £25 a match to watch the dross turned out by Kean in the last 18 months, on Monday 5 of HIS signings were on the bench another 4 didn't even make it. If your paying out good money to watch your team play, knowing the wages they're on, and knowing just what crap the owners and manager (I use the word manager very lightly)have blurted out, ie I think our performance was quite good, after the Spurs match, shots tally Spurs 22 Rovers 0, there's a manager that actually watches a different game to the one everybody else watches, but this isn't one game its every game. No I hardly think you'd be standing on the terraces shouting bravo Steve bravo old chap, just a bit of bad luck old chap, but it will get better, Rovers weren't relegated on Monday it was weeks and weeks ago, and even now he's hell bent on sticking around, and this guy has dignity, he wouldn't know what it was if it jumped up a bit him on the bum
Old 09-05-2012, 16:04   #24
God Member

For the record Jaysay, I agree with you about Steve Kean - he's either thicker skinned than a herd of rhino or he's just completely dilusional, like you say even now he thinks he can still do a good job???? (wish I had that much faith in my own abilities ) but I just didn't think it right for the team to have to play in that poisonous atmosphere - whatever troubles Stanley have had (& we've had our fair share as you know, we weren't just facing relegation but complete extinction not that long ago ) but I don't remember us ever not getting behind the lads when they're on the pitch - think we'll have to agree to disagree about this but like I say I do have a degree of sympathy for the crap Rovers fans have been subjected to
Old 09-05-2012, 18:01   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
For the record Jaysay, I agree with you about Steve Kean - he's either thicker skinned than a herd of rhino or he's just completely delusional, like you say even now he thinks he can still do a good job???? (wish I had that much faith in my own abilities ) but I just didn't think it right for the team to have to play in that poisonous atmosphere - whatever troubles Stanley have had (& we've had our fair share as you know, we weren't just facing relegation but complete extinction not that long ago ) but I don't remember us ever not getting behind the lads when they're on the pitch - think we'll have to agree to disagree about this but like I say I do have a degree of sympathy for the crap Rovers fans have been subjected to
Stanley's situation was just a little different, the fans loved the manager, Stanley's fans anger was with the club's directors and the behind the scenes fighting, luckily Ilias came to your rescue, but down Ewood its the Owners and the manager who are living in cloud cuckoo land, and being advised by a chap with self interests Keans Agent Jerome Anderson (who incidentally is the agent of Sky pundit cheerful Charlie)But now they've sack Paul Hunt, dept CEO because of that infamous leaked letter and Keanocheo has been give a vote of confidence, its going from bad to worse
Old 09-05-2012, 18:19   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heth View Post
Have a look at the pic's on this link, did the Burnley fans really send the plane out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well if they did they where twenty odd years behind Rovers as usual
And raised £1200 for Pendleside Hospice
Old 10-05-2012, 01:56   #27
God Member

Looks like that chicken went down well in the dressing room.

Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 21:54   #28
Super Moderator

Noticed a mention of Hyndburn's MP in an article on the chicken farmers in today's "Daily Telegraph".

Graham Jones, the Labour MP for the Blackburn constituency of Haslingden and Hyndburn, added to the weight of opinion against Kean on Wednesday by tweeting: “Disgraceful sacking of Hunt. On Dec 22 he indicated 2 me the problem at Rovers was the close relationship between Mrs Desai & Mrs Kean.”

They seem to have got his constituency mixed up but it's an understandable mistake to make. You'd think Ewood Park was in his constituency the way he keeps going on about them. Leave that to Blackburn's MP, Graham, and start talking the football club that's in YOUR constituency!
Old 11-05-2012, 11:45   #29

:d
Old 11-05-2012, 17:55   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider61 View Post
:d
The first one's out of date they've run out of Breathalysers The second ones a cracker

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..