Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-01-2006, 14:50   #1
Senior Member+

FC United Vs Gt Harwood

Can't wait for this one Sunday 29th January.Hope Simon Carden plays,he missed yesterdays game against Ashton which we won 2 - 1.I also hope Eric Whalley remembers to order more beer as I heard they ran out in the club house and had to carry some down those metal steps from the Crown.
And please stewards leave our beachball alone..Hope the dingy makes an appearance

Last edited by mthead; 22-01-2006 at 15:03.
mthead is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-01-2006, 12:10   #2
Senior Member+

Re: FC United Vs Gt Harwood

Ive been hearing some ugly rumours going on just wondering how much truth there is init.Ive heard there was damage sustained in the club house after or during the Nelson v FCUM game. i.e damage to cieling and graffitti on walls.Could somebody please tell me that these rumours are false..........
Old 27-01-2006, 12:13   #3
God Member

They are not false....not sure whether I shuold go into details but the instances that you have highlighted are most certainly true.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2006, 12:17   #4
Senior Member+

Oh sh**.We are not that sort of a club and by no way condone this sort of behaviour.I know a couple of the Max & Paddy's(bouncers),it was them who told me the horrible news.I did not witnes anything as I was in the Crown after the match and Greyhound before hand.How bad was it?........
Old 27-01-2006, 12:21   #5
God Member

Nothing that is permanently broken or anything like that as far as I know...but a lot of ballache for the people who look after the club.
It was the behaviour of the panheads who stayed inside the bar for the whole game, banging on the windows for the best part of the second half which one of our stewards had to go and see to several times....I'm surprised one of the windows wasn't put through. I trust these aren't 'real' FCUOM fans, as I know the majority of your fans are a great lot. Just the result of the beer flowing I think...
Old 27-01-2006, 12:29   #6
Senior Member+

They definatly arent true FCUM fans and it hurts me to think of the obvious link to our club.Our usual fans are all noise and pi**......LOL.Usually been on beer for quite abit,but no trouble ask in Crown & other surrounding pubs.The Crown even displays one of our scarves behind the bar that one of our supporters gave them.I dont think this would happen if we werent welcome in the premises.This is a first for this sort of thing and hope its the last.Just hope no legal dealings will encour over this some what horrible but issolated incident.................
Old 27-01-2006, 12:32   #7
Senior Member+

when the little harwood robin goes bob bob bobbin along

personally cant wait been hearing good things about your support from others and now its time to witness it

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2006, 12:39   #8
Senior Member+

Yes we have a good strong fan base.Which are usually well behaved.I was totally shocked to hear,what I was hoping to be false rumours come to light.I think you will enoy it mate its a real good laugh.And the party usually carries on in the local pubs after the match.....
Old 27-01-2006, 12:48   #9
Senior Member+

15-20 of us goin from baggys wine bar in gt harwood some fc some harwood some just goin for the pi$$ up lol.....

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
Old 27-01-2006, 12:53   #10
Senior Member+

Try the Geyhound near the Ford garage,cheap beer and its good stuff.Weve started off there for both the Colne and Nelson games.Its a bit quieter to for your first few pints.................
Old 27-01-2006, 13:30   #11
Senior Member+

will prob try that if early enough ..it depends on how long we stay in harwood....thanks for the tip though

Old 27-01-2006, 13:33   #12
Senior Member+

OK no probs mate.......
Old 27-01-2006, 14:34   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthead
Ive been hearing some ugly rumours going on just wondering how much truth there is init.Ive heard there was damage sustained in the club house after or during the Nelson v FCUM game. i.e damage to cieling and graffitti on walls.Could somebody please tell me that these rumours are false..........
You can take a supporter out of Manchester but you can't take Manchester out of the surpporter.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2006, 15:17   #14
God Member

simple way to stop the banging on the windows during the game plus probably more damage in the clubhouse is to shut the partition durting the game therefore people will go outside and not get as drunk!
Old 27-01-2006, 15:18   #15
God Member

At the end of the day Stanley have to make as much money on the bar as possible so as good as an idea that is, John, I doubt it would ever happen.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..