Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2008, 21:48   #1
God Member

Football Specials

Anyone remember the days of the football special trains. somebody tell me how big this friggin train is carrying Napoli fans to Roma

Old 07-10-2008, 22:55   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Football Specials

remember em well dave, best i ever went on was the "League Liner" down to watford, that was one hell of a train,even had a disco carridge,the team travelled home on it with us that day n got rat arsed wi the fans, top way to travel. no idea about the italian one.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:53   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
remember em well dave, best i ever went on was the "League Liner" down to watford, that was one hell of a train,even had a disco carridge,the team travelled home on it with us that day n got rat arsed wi the fans, top way to travel. no idea about the italian one.

I remember not being allowed to go on it , we were the first club to use it for an away game game at QPR but my grandparents wouldn't let me go because I was too young to go on my own.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:13   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Used to use the specials a lot in those days, remember having to wait in the station until the players got on, can remember Dougie walking up and down the passage with a bear in one hand with Dally Duncans hat tipped of his eyes. Its not that long ago that Bryan came round to my place and we had a chat about the old days and he remembered the wondering about with DDs hat on. I couldn't see that happening today, the clubs wouldn't let the players mix with us plebs
Old 08-10-2008, 11:21   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

oh i don't know jaysay, a couple of the mid 90s team used to come occasionally to me disco up the plough, n i'm certainly a pleb.
Old 08-10-2008, 14:45   #6
God Member

Players mixing with us lowly folk is certainly a luxury that is gradually saying goodbye to Stanley fans, the higher we go.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 16:18   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Players mixing with us lowly folk is certainly a luxury that is gradually saying goodbye to Stanley fans, the higher we go.

never mind,you will be mixing with them again next season, after the relegation

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 17:36   #8
God Member

Proper didn't see that one coming
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 17:59   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER View Post
looks like big talk from coming from a Rovers fan...careful now..it could be Rovers come next May
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 21:50   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
looks like big talk from coming from a Rovers fan...careful now..it could be Rovers come next May
Why the constant dig at Rovers by a self confessed Millwall supporter who would'nt know football from Ping Pong? after all we are the only team in the area who are in the premier league...and have won the league much to the annoyance of the hangers on.
Viva la Rovers................eat your heart out gumshoe my son.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:42   #11
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER View Post
You've written us off a bit too quickly there, BR. Still a long way to go and I reckon the lads you've kindly loaned us will play a major part in our survival!
Old 09-10-2008, 09:48   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
You've written us off a bit too quickly there, BR. Still a long way to go and I reckon the lads you've kindly loaned us will play a major part in our survival!
We're always there to help Wynonie, hope your right, but at the moment it looks like they can't buy a win anywhere, lets just hope that they can get three points on saturday against Bradford and that the gate is bigge than usual with both the Rovers and Burnley having no match and Englands game not kicking of until 17-15
Old 09-10-2008, 11:42   #13
Super Moderator

We'll be moving up that league soon, mate, believe me!
Old 09-10-2008, 16:43   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
We'll be moving up that league soon, mate, believe me!
I certainly hope so Wynonie, Stanley have fought to long to regain league status and no one wants to see them taking a backwards step now, so its onward and upward hopefully sooner rather than later

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..