Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-04-2005, 20:10   #1
Senior Member+

It is in the stars

If you're not convinced that Liverpool can go all the way this season and lift the European Cup for a fifth time, then consider these facts.
In 1978, the year Liverpool won their second European Cup, Wales won the Rugby Union Grand slam,
Liverpool lost the League Cup final to the team who went on to win the League Championship and the Pope at the time sadly passed away.
And in 1981, the year Liverpool won the European crown for the third time, Prince Charles got married while Coronation Street's Ken and Deirdrie also tied the knot.
It just may be written in the stars that the Reds will end this campaign as Champions of Europe. Again.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-04-2005, 21:46   #2
Senior Member+

Re: It is in the stars

if they do then smiffy has to run round accy naked!!!
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2005, 22:52   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

youv'e more chance of being struck by lightning!
Old 19-04-2005, 22:56   #4
Member.

Somebody better staple a lightening conductor to Smiffys arse just in case......lol

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2005, 11:21   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf
If you're not convinced that Liverpool can go all the way this season and lift the European Cup for a fifth time, then consider these facts.
In 1978, the year Liverpool won their second European Cup, Wales won the Rugby Union Grand slam,
Liverpool lost the League Cup final to the team who went on to win the League Championship and the Pope at the time sadly passed away.
And in 1981, the year Liverpool won the European crown for the third time, Prince Charles got married while Coronation Street's Ken and Deirdrie also tied the knot.
It just may be written in the stars that the Reds will end this campaign as Champions of Europe. Again.
heard something much the same on radio its wierd.Just like when United won it in1999 .The day they won it would have been Sir Matts 90th birthday,I Wonder when the two goals were scored that let us lift it for 2nd time.Strange.

Last edited by mthead; 20-04-2005 at 11:23.
mthead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2005, 11:39   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthead
heard something much the same on radio its wierd.Just like when United won it in1999 .The day they won it would have been Sir Matts 90th birthday,I Wonder when the two goals were scored that let us lift it for 2nd time.Strange.
only thing i find strange is accrington united fans,smells of i support united cos there a massive club.but still theres united fans everywhere, exept MANCHESTER.
Old 20-04-2005, 11:47   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
only thing i find strange is accrington united fans,smells of i support united cos there a massive club.but still theres united fans everywhere, exept MANCHESTER.
werent always massive was watching them in1975 2nd Division
Old 20-04-2005, 13:44   #8

Quote:
They were massive even then. Most weeks their home games were the best attended in the whole of the country, and their visit brought the best attendances at away games even though Liverpool were winning everything in sight at the time. That must have really ****ed them off!

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2005, 14:08   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
man utd have always been massive since before the horrible tragedy in munich,the busby babes were popular worldwide,youre obviously to young to remember,mthead they have always in my time had a worldwide supporter base.
Old 21-04-2005, 14:01   #10
Senior Member+

Its still in the stars but I just got this sent from a Newcastle fan.... closest Ive come to agreeing with a geordie.

There have been a whole host of omens circulating the internet about Liverpool’s chances of winning the Champions League. However, at St James Park we’ve found the most convincing one yet…

2001 Igor Biscan and Djimi Traore are Liverpool players. Liverpool DON’T win Champions League

2002 Igor Biscan and Djimi Traore are Liverpool players. Liverpool DON’T win Champions League

2003 Igor Biscan and Djimi Traore are Liverpool players. Liverpool DON’T win Champions League

2004 Igor Biscan and Djimi Traore are Liverpool players. Liverpool DON’T win Champions League

2005 Igor Biscan and Djimi Traore are Liverpool players.
Champions League Winners ????

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2005, 14:31   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

they might be liverpool players,but i don't give a monkeys long as a BRITISH club wins the champions league- if liverpool get to the final i will certainly be cheerin em on.(i'tll hurt but there british)
Old 21-04-2005, 21:04   #12
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
youv'e more chance of being struck by lightning!
We have more chance of winning it than Man U.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2005, 21:07   #13
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnW
They were massive even then. Most weeks their home games were the best attended in the whole of the country, and their visit brought the best attendances at away games even though Liverpool were winning everything in sight at the time. That must have really ****ed them off!
I have a feeling that with Liverpool winning everything in sight as you said John that might just have p****d the mancs off even more?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 21-04-2005, 21:16   #14
Accy Red

Quote:
man utd have always been massive since before the horrible tragedy in munich,the busby babes were popular worldwide,youre obviously to young to remember,mthead they have always in my time had a worldwide supporter base.
If you're too young to remember mthead you could always make me an offer for my mint condition Daily Mirror from February 1958 I sure it's worth something?

Old 22-04-2005, 11:07   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
If you're too young to remember mthead you could always make me an offer for my mint condition Daily Mirror from February 1958 I sure it's worth something?
I find it quite incredible that someone would come out with a remark like that. Not only did Manchester United lose some great players in that tragedy England lost them also. I don't know if anyone remembers seeing Duncan Edwards play but he seemed destined to be one of Englands brightest stars. No matter how much I dislike a team, and I make no bones about it, I have always disliked Liverpool, I would never gloat about their tragedy such as what happened at Hillsborough. I'm retiring from this particular thread because I believe it has sunk to a depth that I do not wish to be involved in. Remember Bagpuss, that Liverpool FC will be travelling by plane over the coming years when playing in Europe. How would you feel if a similar tragedy happened to your team and someone made such a callous remark as you have. I sincerely hope that your words do not come back to haunt you.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..