Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-04-2005, 11:08   #1
Senior Member+

Liverpool or Chelsea

Who do you think will go through to the final?????

Id say Chelsea after a 2-2 draw at ANFIELD.

In the other semi its got to be AC Milan!!
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-04-2005, 12:47   #2

Re: Liverpool or Chelsea

Safe bet is milan i think!

I would love to see Liverpool win. After all they are a northern club!
I detest Chelsea so they can not win!!!! probably will though.............after all money talks!
asfc babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2005, 17:50   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

ac milan v liverpool (i hope) but youv'e got to fancy chealsea think the money arguement is not valid,just jealosy before the russian stuck his oar in man utd were supposedly the richest club in the world,possibly still are HOW many times have they won it with all their riches.
Old 28-04-2005, 19:11   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
ac milan v liverpool (i hope) but youv'e got to fancy chealsea think the money arguement is not valid,just jealosy before the russian stuck his oar in man utd were supposedly the richest club in the world,possibly still are HOW many times have they won it with all their riches.
This argument doesn't really hold water. Manchester United have probably been the richest club in England for at least the past 40 years. Yet, they had a 20 year dry spell when they never won the championship. Of course, you have to have money to buy decent players or you really do not stand a chance. But there are plenty of clubs around who can afford to buy good players like Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle etc. It isn't ONLY the money. Someone has to be in charge and be capable of putting a championship side together. Manchester Utd couldn't do it for 20 years straight and Liverpool, despite having plenty of money are going through a similar dry spell now. Believe me, no matter how rich the club they all go through times when they can't win championships. Chelsea may do well for a time but their dry spell will come as will other dry spells for Manchester United.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2005, 22:18   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Smile Re: Liverpool or Chelsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnW
This argument doesn't really hold water. Manchester United have probably been the richest club in England for at least the past 40 years. Yet, they had a 20 year dry spell when they never won the championship. Of course, you have to have money to buy decent players or you really do not stand a chance. But there are plenty of clubs around who can afford to buy good players like Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle etc. It isn't ONLY the money. Someone has to be in charge and be capable of putting a championship side together. Manchester Utd couldn't do it for 20 years straight and Liverpool, despite having plenty of money are going through a similar dry spell now. Believe me, no matter how rich the club they all go through times when they can't win championships. Chelsea may do well for a time but their dry spell will come as will other dry spells for Manchester United.
not with you john,thats what i was saying.
Old 29-04-2005, 11:26   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
not with you john,thats what i was saying.
Really? I'm sorry, I just don't follow that.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2005, 19:37   #7
Senior Member+

Hope Liverpool can do some of this........

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2005, 16:58   #8
Senior Member+

liverpool Vs. milan
Old 30-04-2005, 18:51   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnW
Really? I'm sorry, I just don't follow that.
don't be sorry mate i have sucessfully bin confusing people for years,(accidently)wait till i mean to do it lol
Old 03-05-2005, 21:15   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafu01
Who do you think will go through to the final?????

Id say Chelsea after a 2-2 draw at ANFIELD.

In the other semi its got to be AC Milan!!
Still got a 50/50 chance of being right on one of them.

Last edited by Bazf; 03-05-2005 at 21:34.
Old 03-05-2005, 22:55   #11
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Still high as a kite lets change this thread to Liverpool or Milan, I go for Liverpool 5-0 and of course I believe that !!!

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 23:45   #12
Senior Member+

I see Jose Mourinho is such a good loser!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the best team lost, it was not a goal etc.. all I can think of is SHUSH.

JOSE MOURINHO claimed the linesman got it wrong over the controversial goal which sunk Chelsea’s Euro dream. Slovakian official Roman Slysko ruled Luis Garcia’s fourth-minute shot crossed the line at the Kop end to send Liverpool into the Champions League final.

Sour Blues boss Mourinho told the Press conference last night: “You should bring the linesman in here and ask why he gave the goal.

“To do that you have to be 100 per cent that the ball went in and my players said it was not.

“It was a goal that came from the moon, from the Anfield Road stands — I don’t know from where.

“You can’t tell from TV — only one person has decided the future of a team. I make mistakes, my players make mistakes — he made a mistake. The best team lost, that’s for sure, but football is cruel sometimes.

“You have to accept the reality of it. They scored, if you can say that or what you should say is that the linesman scored. People talked of the power of Anfield Road and it was magnificent.

“I didn’t think it interfered with my players but maybe with other people and maybe with the result.”

Obviously missed the fact that Baros was taken out and Cech should have been red carded for it.

Last edited by Bazf; 04-05-2005 at 02:18.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:31   #13

Glad that liverpool went through, wasnt the most exciting to watch but still good to watch.

Hit and miss for liverpool fans that didnt go.
They got through they must be delighted
But the ones who didnt get tickets must be devastated on missing out on that atmosphere and celebrations, simply amazing.
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 08:33   #14
God Member

it looked over the line!!!

Gallas' left foot was almost on the line and then his other leg is over the line so it had to have gone in

Great result for liverpool and hope they can go on to win the cup would be great for them and would greatly increase the northern domination of football
Old 04-05-2005, 15:35   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

obviosly a goal we are talking north v south ere no constest,now go stuff milan liverpool.lol

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..