Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2011, 15:05   #361
Resting in Peace

Re: Liverpool road to the title 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
They did break the British transfer record twice I believe - think it was Shearer and Sutton, but open to correction on the names
I see none of our reasident Plastic Mancs have had anything to say about United BUYING THE 1992/93 Premier League Title, and for that matter quite a few more besides
Old 16-01-2011, 15:36   #362
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay
I see none of our reasident Plastic Mancs have had anything to say about United BUYING THE 1992/93 Premier League Title, and for that matter quite a few more besides
Could that be because United fans don't continually try to deny it?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 16:22   #363
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Think your wrong there Dave Spurs won it in the sixties in the Blanchflower, Smith, Jones and White era
Yep 60/61, didn't see that one when I looked at the list. Still even at that it's a ways back !

TOPSPURS - the world famous unofficial home of Spurs on the internet

Here's where I got the info

Anyway to get back on track, Robbed again ! Pretty poor showing first half despite going one up. As to the total miscarriage of a decision by the ref at the start of the 2nd half allowing Everton to equalise, then go on to knock in another I have to say Everton were the better team for the first 20 mins of the 2nd, then the Pool got their arses into gear & at least managed to pull out a draw, should really have been KD's first home win !
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 09:02   #364
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Could that be because United fans don't continually try to deny it?
Nobody can BUY the title it takes more than just money, at United it money and Fergie, at Ewood it was Jacks Money Kenny and don't for get Ray Harford, at Arsenal money plus Wenger, if it was money alone City will win it every year for the foreseeable future as yet they don't look like winning once.
Old 17-01-2011, 09:05   #365
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Yep 60/61, didn't see that one when I looked at the list. Still even at that it's a ways back !

TOPSPURS - the world famous unofficial home of Spurs on the internet

Here's where I got the info

Anyway to get back on track, Robbed again ! Pretty poor showing first half despite going one up. As to the total miscarriage of a decision by the ref at the start of the 2nd half allowing Everton to equalise, then go on to knock in another I have to say Everton were the better team for the first 20 mins of the 2nd, then the Pool got their arses into gear & at least managed to pull out a draw, should really have been KD's first home win !
Think they did the double that year Dave, seem to remember they beat some team from up north in the final,
Old 17-01-2011, 09:11   #366
Senior Member+

Quote:
Nobody can BUY the title it takes more than just money, at United it money and Fergie, at Ewood it was Jacks Money Kenny and don't for get Ray Harford, at Arsenal money plus Wenger, if it was money alone City will win it every year for the foreseeable future as yet they don't look like winning once.
You are perfectly correct Jay, I seem to remember Sunderland trying to do that in the '50s - think i saw them at Ewood when Shackleton played, but it didn't work out - mind you that really is the dim and distant past P.S. Denis Irwin came from Oldham after their Cup run and £1M for Cantona, cheaper than S & S - either of them, what a buy. Arguably the most influential player for decades.
Old 17-01-2011, 09:15   #367
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You are perfectly correct Jay, I seem to remember Sunderland trying to do that in the '50s - think i saw them at Ewood when Shackleton played, but it didn't work out - mind you that really is the dim and distant past P.S. Denis Irwin came from Oldham after their Cup run and £1M for Cantona, cheaper than S & S - either of them, what a buy. Arguably the most influential player for decades.
Packed a hell of a punch too, or was that a kick as for Irwin I know he was at Leeds didn't realise he stopped of at Oldham for a brew on the way to the T of M
Old 24-01-2011, 12:23   #368
Senior Member+

What a weekend - unless you support the Wastelands team. Rovers and Scouser supporters will be getting nosebleeds and vertigo if they get any higher in the league. Performance of the weekend - La Creme de la Creme, OK, they may not be playing well, pity the other side when they finally get their act together.
Old 24-01-2011, 12:51   #369
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Okay it's 3 points, but when all's said & done, Wolves ? Not something to gloat about really, but as mentioned we'll take the points.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2011, 17:54   #370
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Okay it's 3 points, but when all's said & done, Wolves ? Not something to gloat about really, but as mentioned we'll take the points.
Take Solis in the fact you have to play the posers at Anfield yet Dave
Old 24-01-2011, 17:59   #371
Senior Member+

Quote:
Take Solis in the fact you have to play the posers at Anfield yet Dave
Now, now Jay, it may turn out like the last time we played Rovers, poor Dave would be devastated if that happens, mind you, I can't see that happening against the Scousers
Old 24-01-2011, 18:02   #372
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Now, now Jay, it may turn out like the last time we played Rovers, poor Dave would be devastated if that happens, mind you, I can't see that happening against the Scousers
Me neither while they're still carrying the Fat Lad I once scored a goal Rooney
Old 25-01-2011, 06:39   #373
JFT96

Seeing the last time they played us, they needed a extra player, Mr Webb, and had to reduce our side to 10 men.... And then the ALL POWERFUL, ALL CONQUERING Mancs could ONLY manage 1- nil.....

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2011, 09:29   #374
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Seeing the last time they played us, they needed a extra player, Mr Webb, and had to reduce our side to 10 men.... And then the ALL POWERFUL, ALL CONQUERING Mancs could ONLY manage 1- nil.....
You may have missed the point - 1-0 to United means we won and you lost and we are above you in the league. "Simples"
Old 25-01-2011, 10:38   #375
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You may have missed the point - 1-0 to United means we won and you lost and we are above you in the league. "Simples"
Ya the big bully in the playground usually wins when his gang is bigger and the head master's on his side

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..