Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-04-2012, 21:38   #301
God Member

Re: Liverpool.. the road to the title 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Lucky they were best side tonight by a mile. deserved the win.
OK let me rephrase..City had the better starting line up on the night and scored in added time..saying that I think it could have easily been a drawn game...so let's say United were a tad unlucky to get nothing.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-04-2012, 22:12   #302
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
OK let me rephrase..City had the better starting line up on the night and scored in added time..saying that I think it could have easily been a drawn game...so let's say United were a tad unlucky to get nothing.
To me mancie, they got nowt cos of fergys tactics, simple as, he cocked up big time.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:12   #303
Resting in Peace

Quote:
To me mancie, they got nowt cos of fergys tactics, simple as, he cocked up big time.
Spot on cashy, went to play for a draw and it backfired, never seen united play 1 up front that many times, and there were 5 attackers on the bench too. Ho by the way there's an advert on United's Website this morning they want a mechanic to put the wheels back on Cities Bus
Old 01-05-2012, 10:10   #304
God Member

Quote:
Surprised Ji Sung Park started...Giggs days as a left winger are long gone..should have started with Valencia on the right and Nani left.. should have brought Hernadez on instead of Welbeck.....apart from that I think he got it spot
Old 01-05-2012, 20:41   #305
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
In this game you make your own luck, listening to most reports & the fans talking to the radio S.A.F made some unusual calls on the evening.
Got to say I thought Liverpool were unlucky to lose at Anfield tonight against Fulham for the first time in 120 yrs.. what they saying on the radio Dave?
Old 02-05-2012, 04:51   #306
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Got to say I thought Liverpool were unlucky to lose at Anfield tonight against Fulham for the first time in 120 yrs.. what they saying on the radio Dave?
No idea, but again another defeat at home, there really needs to be a shake up at the seasons end.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:49   #307
Senior Member+

I think we lost it a few weeks back and we have only ourselves to blame - still, "hope springs eternal"
Going to be really jealous of the scousers though this season as they are on the way to breaking so many records - Lowest number of goals scored in a season, lowest points total, most money spent, lowest league position, sure that DinG can come up with some more - but KK says it has been a good season with great improvements.???????????
Old 03-05-2012, 18:03   #308
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
I think we lost it a few weeks back and we have only ourselves to blame - still, "hope springs eternal"
Going to be really jealous of the scousers though this season as they are on the way to breaking so many records - Lowest number of goals scored in a season, lowest points total, most money spent, lowest league position, sure that DinG can come up with some more - but KK says it has been a good season with great improvements.???????????
Oh thank god for that, thought you'd don't yourself an injury after Monday night Barrie, glad your okay mate
Old 03-05-2012, 20:04   #309
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Going to be really jealous of the scousers though this season as they are on the way to breaking so many records - Lowest number of goals scored in a season, lowest points total, most money spent, lowest league position, sure that DinG can come up with some more
Do we feel suitable better now, more relaxed hmm ? Do we feel cleansed of our fluxes ? Happier & contented now we've got that out in the open hmm ?

You see, we're good for your heathen souls so you should be thanking us.

And if you come over to Anfield we'll let you see what a trophy looks like (as you haven't got any this year) & if you wait until next week we'll be able to show you 2 !
Old 03-05-2012, 21:17   #310
God Member

Quote:
wait until next week we'll be able to show you 2 !
Find it a bit strange having the cup final 2 weeks before the end of the season.. there's no time to release the traditional "cup final team song".. so I'll have to post the one most respectable footy fans will be chanting this weekend.."so cheer us on through the sun and rain..Chelsea is our name"

Last edited by Mancie; 03-05-2012 at 21:21.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:51   #311
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
so I'll have to post the one most respectable footy fans will be chanting this weekend.."so cheer us on through the sun and rain..Chelsea is our name"
Oh deary me, take some deep breaths, sit down somewhere quiet & you'll get over these attacks of daftness.

I do worry about you at times Mancie, even though you're a heathen Manky U supporter, suppose it's just my generous Scouse nature.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:42   #312
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Oh deary me, take some deep breaths, sit down somewhere quiet & you'll get over these attacks of daftness.

I do worry about you at times Mancie, even though you're a heathen Manky U supporter, suppose it's just my generous Scouse nature.
And I'll be singing Ride a White Swan on Sunday
Old 04-05-2012, 10:25   #313
Senior Member+

Quote:
Do we feel suitable better now, more relaxed hmm ? Do we feel cleansed of our fluxes ? Happier & contented now we've got that out in the open hmm ?

You see, we're good for your heathen souls so you should be thanking us.

And if you come over to Anfield we'll let you see what a trophy looks like (as you haven't got any this year) & if you wait until next week we'll be able to show you 2 !
Like your lot bragging about 2 more European Cups than we have there is even nore disparity with the FA Cup - somewhere around 11 - 7 to La creme - even Blackburn have won it as many times as your lot.
Old 04-05-2012, 15:27   #314
JFT96

League cup (aka Carling Cup), Liverpool 8 wins Manky u....4 back

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 17:51   #315
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Like your lot bragging about 2 more European Cups than we have there is even nore disparity with the FA Cup - somewhere around 11 - 7 to La creme - even Blackburn have won it as many times as your lot.
Fine, fine, but who's got it this year ? That's the relevant point ?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..