Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-04-2009, 21:19   #31
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: Man UTD run in for the title

I'd be happy if you were in 2nd place.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-04-2009, 21:29   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
I'd be happy if you were in 2nd place.
of course you would, but whoever gets 2nd place in this Premiership can say they've had a decent season.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2009, 10:45   #33
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
so by your reckoning jaysay Man UTD.. the present champions of Europe would be around 5th place in the Premiership...if you really believe that then you don't have a danny about football!
Well I don't think they'd trot it so easy every year, the only trouble is United fans can't see anything wrong nor can the management and players, that is until they leave and join the outside world and then discover that the playing field ain't as level as they thought
Old 30-04-2009, 10:46   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
of course you would, but whoever gets 2nd place in this Premiership can say they've had a decent season.
17th ain't bad for some of us Mancie
Old 30-04-2009, 17:17   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
17th ain't bad for some of us Mancie
I'm sure Rovers would have finished in the top 4 if had not been for "bent" refs being so baised towards UTD and co!
Old 30-04-2009, 19:05   #36
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I'm sure Rovers would have finished in the top 4 if had not been for "bent" refs being so baised towards UTD and co!
Remember we once came 1st above United even with bent refs, aka the late Gerald Ashby, and lets not forget Pulin and Jerkin, Paul Derkin
Old 30-04-2009, 19:18   #37
God Member

Paul Durkin was the worst referee ever, he never gave anything away to united, quite the opposite, I always thought he must be a Liverpool fan!
Old 30-04-2009, 19:56   #38
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Paul Durkin was the worst referee ever, he never gave anything away to united, quite the opposite, I always thought he must be a Liverpool fan!
Utter drivel the ginger guy was a Man U homer and awayer to be honest.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:32   #39
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You must have blinked then Derek when he disallowed Tim Sherwoods goal at OT in the season Rovers won the title, even the United fans didn't see a foul through their rose tinted specs
Old 01-05-2009, 10:59   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
you certain ya aint a dingle derek?
Old 02-05-2009, 14:09   #41
Resting in Peace

Well United went out for an afternoon stroll (7 changes from Wednesday)bagged a couple of goals smoked a few cigars and went 6 points clear with 4 to play, the fat ladies clearing her throat
Old 03-05-2009, 01:16   #42
God Member

no fat ladies just yet Jaysay..the way I see it is that Pool will win all thier games..12 points and better goal record..United still need to win 3 from the last 4.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:46   #43
Resting in Peace

Quote:
no fat ladies just yet Jaysay..the way I see it is that Pool will win all thier games..12 points and better goal record..United still need to win 3 from the last 4.
The only possible banana skins are City and Arsenal, City don't travel well and Arsenal were outplayed last week at OT, can't see United slipping up Mancie
Old 04-05-2009, 08:59   #44
God Member

I cant see Wenger and co lying down and taking it either, to play Arsenal 3 times in quick succession, and win all 3, is a tough one, Fergie will make more certain of a result in the champions league, which could leave us wide open for a slip up against them in the prem! Wenger is (clearing my throat) a better manager than to take 3 defeats in a row against the same team.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:02   #45
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I cant see Wenger and co lying down and taking it either, to play Arsenal 3 times in quick succession, and win all 3, is a tough one, Fergie will make more certain of a result in the champions league, which could leave us wide open for a slip up against them in the prem! Wenger is (clearing my throat) a better manager than to take 3 defeats in a row against the same team.
The only plus for United Derek is that the league match is at OT, I think it will be a scoring draw tomorrow or a odd goal win for the Gooners say 2-1 which would take United through on away goals

« rovers. | Leeds »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..