Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2005, 15:11   #1
Senior Member+

Savage to Rovers or not?

One sign of recognition is when someone pays tribute to you in the form of a collectable figurine. Robbie Savage might get a lot of stick but 'fair play' as a new, amazingly lifelike, model of the Birmingham/Blackburn star hits our shops...

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-01-2005, 18:11   #2

Re: Savage to Rovers or not?

if we sign him it looks like we`ll be paying over the odds for him

but he will improve our team no doubt.
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 19:08   #3

but still he is a waste of money like most of your other signings!!!!
Old 04-01-2005, 23:42   #4
Senior Member+

Its like Souness buying jocks Hughes will soon have the Welsh team at Ewood then they can all sing in the showers, such hits as Bread of heaven, Sosban bach, and not forgetting that perannial Rovers song Going Down, Going Down, Going Down.
Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 00:10   #5

cant see why hed go rovers except for hughes being there birmingham have a better team bigger fan base and a better future at the moment as for living closer to his family in wrexham thats rubbish it cant be more than an hours difference and if so why doesn t he go and play for wrexham if hes that desperate . He might be overpriced to anyone with sense but with his age and how much managers pay at the present time at 3 million he s cheap hughes couldnt really expect bruce to sell him for two when hes still in contract and with dunn perminantly knackered brum need him they wouldnt be able to get a decent replacement for 2 million.Whats happened to blackburns money is it all gone ? you made enough money off duff and dunn yet you ve paid silly money for bad players aka pederson , amoruso , emerton , grabbi , but with what jack supposably left you still should have plenty enough to buy half decent players instead of buying players only good enough for the first division like stead
rockrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 09:24   #6

Jack walkers left a trust fund, we get £2million a year from it.

Basically it works out to the equivelant of a sold out ground every game.
Old 05-01-2005, 18:05   #7
I am Banned

i think thats a bit harsh on first division (championship) stikers...... stead aint even good enough for the championship.

BTW slater scott, your nealy used up all your money left by Jack Walker. Then its all doom and gloom
Fearon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 07:49   #8

If i am led to believe what i am told, he left £200 million in the trust fund.

I would expect if it is true that their is at least £150 m still left.

As for stead, he really is unlucky he has had plenty of good shots, its just not happening
Old 06-01-2005, 10:45   #9
I am Banned

Smile Re: Savage to Rovers or not?

oh what a shame nothing is falling for him at the moment - but if you take off your deadwood goggles you will realise that he is crap.

I think you will be surprised by how much is left, its nowhere near the figure you think.

Last edited by Fearon1; 06-01-2005 at 10:46.
Fearon1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..