Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-04-2013, 08:23   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Squeaky Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Towards the demise of the Deadwood gang?
Obviously wrote this before the end of last nights game
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-04-2013, 08:25   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You two just keep on tilting at windmills - haven't figured out yet which one is riding the donkey
The only Donkey on here is you, oh sorry forgot yerself, both plastic to the core
Old 24-04-2013, 16:09   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The only Donkey on here is you, oh sorry forgot yerself, both plastic to the core
You have obviously missed your medication again, even more garbled than normal - just keep on challenging the windmills
Old 24-04-2013, 17:06   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You have obviously missed your medication again, even more garbled than normal - just keep on challenging the windmills
No I'll support my local teams, you know, ones you can actually get on a bus to go and watch, not some overpaid egotistical bunch of trophy mercenaries, supported by a bunch of chumps who have deserted their roots
Old 25-04-2013, 16:27   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
No I'll support my local teams, you know, ones you can actually get on a bus to go and watch, not some overpaid egotistical bunch of trophy mercenaries, supported by a bunch of chumps who have deserted their roots
Have you forgotten that you have previously stated that you supported LIverpool?
Perhaps you should get your medication changed
Old 25-04-2013, 17:37   #36
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Have you forgotten that you have previously stated that you supported LIverpool?
Perhaps you should get your medication changed
Barrie I support 19 Premier league clubs in turn, depending who they are playing that weekend
Old 25-04-2013, 17:42   #37
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

National express to Liverpool, then the 19/19A to Robson st for Anfield, I believe there's even a designated match bus for home games.
Old 26-04-2013, 06:06   #38
Senior Member+

Jay, as I respect your knowledge and views as to which clubs one should support - i.e. Home Town club. I would really appreciate your views on a somewhat difficult one to work out as to who you think they should support:
1st Son born in Blackburn, but family lived in Church (Rovers or Stanley), 2nd Son born in Sheffield, lived there for 7 months (Wednesday or United), 3rd Son born in Norwich, lived there for 5 years.
As it happens they all inherited brains and support United, one even has a season ticket, another goes to all the games in London and the occasional one at OT (and takes his Dad), and the 3rd one is in the wilds of the West Country
Old 26-04-2013, 08:03   #39
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Jay, as I respect your knowledge and views as to which clubs one should support - i.e. Home Town club. I would really appreciate your views on a somewhat difficult one to work out as to who you think they should support:
1st Son born in Blackburn, but family lived in Church (Rovers or Stanley), 2nd Son born in Sheffield, lived there for 7 months (Wednesday or United), 3rd Son born in Norwich, lived there for 5 years.
As it happens they all inherited brains and support United, one even has a season ticket, another goes to all the games in London and the occasional one at OT (and takes his Dad), and the 3rd one is in the wilds of the West Country
Think the common denominator there Barrie is the plastic father
Old 26-04-2013, 08:12   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Didn't realise it took brains to become a Glory Hunter Barrie?
jaysay likes this.
Old 26-04-2013, 20:46   #41

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
You two just keep on tilting at windmills - haven't figured out yet which one is riding the donkey
I've figured out who is the donkey......

Quote:
We should heighten Hadrian's Wall, dig Offa's Dyke deeper and fortify our West coast. About time we got rid of these leeches of the English economy.
Let them survive on their own - and export all the natives of those countries back to where they originate from
Best, Giggs, Keane, Law, Busby, Ferguson, McQueen, Jordan, Macari.... to name but a few.

Can I be the first to greet you in your native tongue......Hee-Haw!
Alan Varrechia likes this.
Old 27-04-2013, 05:59   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
I've figured out who is the donkey......

Best, Giggs, Keane, Law, Busby, Ferguson, McQueen, Jordan, Macari.... to name but a few.

Can I be the first to greet you in your native tongue......Hee-Haw!
All teams would then be on a level playing field and teams like United, NN, Scousers and the other top clubs would get the pick of the crop
Old 27-04-2013, 06:08   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Think the common denominator there Barrie is the plastic father
You said that people should support their "Home Town Team" - will ask it simpler this time.
How do you define "Home Town Team".
If the objective isn't to win, what is the point in taking part?
Surely every team wants to be successful so how do you measure success, is it avoiding relegation or winning trophies?
Old 27-04-2013, 06:23   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Success at a team like Stanley, who are punching way above there weight, given resources, is Staying in the football league. of course the objective is to win,if yeh can!. Plastics objective is more "Has to win" Theres the difference, Wi a team like Stanley i call it Sport.
Wynonie Harris and Eric like this.
Old 27-04-2013, 08:16   #45
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You said that people should support their "Home Town Team" - will ask it simpler this time.
How do you define "Home Town Team".
If the objective isn't to win, what is the point in taking part?
Surely every team wants to be successful so how do you measure success, is it avoiding relegation or winning trophies?
Trophies aren't won they're bought Barrie, would Fergie have been so successful at Stanley or Bury, not a snowball in hells chance. There's no doubt that he's a good manager, but without money he's just an also ran, the reason Rovers did well was Kenny and Ray plus Jack Walkers money, and that's the same at any successful club, Chelsea were going nowhere until Abramovich arrived, nor where City before the Arabs came along, anybody who thinks their team can win the Premier League, with just a good manager are living on cloud cuckoo land, as are those who thing they can win it with just loads a money, you have to have both elements to succeed

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..