Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2010, 02:30   #1
God Member

thank god it's saturday

Just about to watch United in Mexico.. United team will be made up of at least 6 home grown Lanc's lads and in the coming season we could put out a first team of 8 local lads.. shame on Rovers and such who have only 2 first team local players in the squad.. local team and local supporters?.. bollocks!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-07-2010, 03:37   #2
God Member

Re: thank god it's saturday

Forgot to add Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Bolton, Villa, Everton, Wigan, goes on ..all the talk about English Prem teams not having young english lads in the squad does not apply to United.. you lot sort yerselves out.
Old 31-07-2010, 05:30   #3
God Member

We got done... but we have at least 6 homegrown young players that could play in the prem next season.. there is no other prem club that can do that..if we ain't got the dosh to buy the best then at least we have some young "local" talent comimg up.. and let's not forget we won the title in 96.. "with kids" who where not to far from Accy.. our srtike force looks good and expect to be up there for the title this season.. I've got United banged on to win it!

Last edited by Mancie; 31-07-2010 at 05:37.
Old 31-07-2010, 08:14   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

much of the team could be local, shame it will never happen wi the support.
Old 31-07-2010, 08:16   #5
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
local team and local supporters?.. bollocks!
...and what part of Manchester do you come from, Mancie?
Old 31-07-2010, 09:09   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
We got done... but we have at least 6 homegrown young players that could play in the prem next season.. there is no other prem club that can do that..if we ain't got the dosh to buy the best then at least we have some young "local" talent coming up.. and let's not forget we won the title in 96.. "with kids" who where not to far from Accy.. our strike force looks good and expect to be up there for the title this season.. I've got United banged on to win it!
They might be playing in Mexico Mancie but they sure as hell won't be plying in the Premier league

As for the title, unless they sign some more players they won't be in the top two
Old 31-07-2010, 09:10   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
We got done... but we have at least 6 homegrown young players that could play in the prem next season.. there is no other prem club that can do that..if we ain't got the dosh to buy the best then at least we have some young "local" talent comimg up.. and let's not forget we won the title in 96.. "with kids" who where not to far from Accy.. our srtike force looks good and expect to be up there for the title this season.. I've got United banged on to win it!
Local lads Mancie O'Shea and Gibson good old Lancashire Lads
Old 31-07-2010, 19:41   #8
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
United team will be made up of at least 6 home grown Lanc's lads and in the coming season we could put out a first team of 8 local lads..
You may not agree with him all the time, but he makes a valid point about getting young local lads through. Sadly though when the season gets into full swing & the pressure is on for results, I don't think you'll be seeing much of the local young talent unless they are exceptional.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2010, 21:26   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
You may not agree with him all the time, but he makes a valid point about getting young local lads through. Sadly though when the season gets into full swing & the pressure is on for results, I don't think you'll be seeing much of the local young talent unless they are exceptional.
It is a valid point dave, just the same as mine about the support.
Old 31-07-2010, 21:42   #10
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
It is a valid point dave, just the same as mine about the support.
Aye Cashy you're right there, I come from Liverpool originally so as I grew up they were always first choice, but at the games the amount of "foreign accents" was unbelievable & when you speak to proper "Mancs" they all hate united & support City.

Now that you've got this Sheik in charge since September 2008, I can see City going the same way as the locals will no doubt get fed up of all these "Nouvea Mancs" who jump aboard expecting great things from "their Club" now it's being bank rolled & can now compete in the big boys money stakes.

Unfortunately "English" Premier league football ............. isn't, might as well call it European football.
Old 31-07-2010, 21:44   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i lived oer that way about 10 yrs back dave n can honestly say, most were city fans.
Old 31-07-2010, 21:48   #12
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i lived oer that way about 10 yrs back dave n can honestly say, most were city fans.
I know, the Mancs I've met in my time (believe me, I don't make a habit of it ) Have all supported City.
Old 31-07-2010, 21:58   #13
Super Moderator

You would not believe the number of times I've had people wearing Utd colours come up to me whilst I've been in Market St/Piccadilly and ask, "Which way to the football ground?" I usually direct 'em to the Bury tram (well, they didn't say which football ground, did they?).
Old 01-08-2010, 00:46   #14

hey ROVERS beat sydney
ok that sydney he's a fat bloke in aussie and had to play in all postions,but a wins a win

bring on Everton scouse gits next i say
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:18   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
I think you find thats exactly what I said in an earlier post

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..