Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2005, 02:29   #1
Senior Member+

The Latest Events At Old Trafford...

I think the way Man United supporters acted last night was disgraceful beyond extreme. ...Loved the footage of the ManYoo fans getting a beating by the police. At the end of the day, I feel, football was the winner. Any how heres my take on it...

Angry scenes have again errupted outside Old Trafford as protesters demonstrated against the sale of their (yeah, right) club to American tycoon Malcolm Glazer. Spokesman for the pressure group 'United Since 93' Del Boy Harris stated: "We would have got here sooner but there were twaffic jams near the Dartford tunnel last night plus some of the lads wanted to watch Big Brovver before they left. Then we had to stop at Newport Pagnell services but they'd run out of prawn sandwiches so we had to stop again at Watford Gap."

Supporters' groups lined the streets of Old Trafford blocking the road until they realised the megastore was open and they all rushed in to buy Ronaldo duvet covers and lampshade sets. "It's the first time up here for most of the lads so you can hardly blame them for doing a bit of shopping can you? Some of them only get to see the game in the pub and thought the crowd were chanting "United United 50% sale."

Another spokesman who had actually been to a game once "we lost to Middlesborough so I haven't bothered since" stated: "I think it's disgusting what's going on here. I mean it's a bit of yer English heritage innit. You can't go selling it to some septic can ya?"

Asked why United were suddenly so patriotic when they have spent the last five seaons chanting "Argentina Argentina" he replied: "As I said, I've only been the once."

As the day drew on crowds drifted away, some of them claiming that the weather in Manchester isn't as nice as it is down south and they'd have stayed longer had they brought an extra jumper. With emotional scenes like this surely it's only a matter of time before the Glazers buckle under this immense pressure. In a final show of defiance four people burnt their United memberships, which allow them to enter a lottery to actually go to a game once a season...which if they win, they normally flog on ebay.

Last edited by Bazf; 01-07-2005 at 15:58. Reason: spelling
Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..