Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Motoring + Motorsports
Donate! Join Today

Motoring + Motorsports Talk cars, recommend garages, help with problems.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-10-2003, 12:44   #16

Post Re: Barrow next sunday.. Big one

Hope ill be there Harry, but at the mo there seems to be a bad tummy bug on the rounds. And most of the family have it so ill have to see how the little girl is tomorrow a.m.

If i don't make it though i'm relying on fine photography to keep me posted ;D

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-10-2003, 04:49   #17
Roy
Administrator

looks like i am ballooning!!  so fingers crossed the winds are blowing over to accy!
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2003, 16:30   #18
I am Banned

So did ya go ballooning then?

Went to barrow.. didnt even get my camera out... buitfull clear sky with sun shining.. But you are closer to the track.. so its fence around waist hight... then gap then 20ft+ high wire mesh fence between you and track.... so all pictures would have that fence... and any wide angle would foucus on the fence.. waste of time taking pics

Website said 6 quid and 1,50 kids... got there and all signs changed with felt pen by look of it... 8 quid adults and 3 quid kids

No taking car into area  No programme and you couldnt tell a word the tannoy man said...

Good racing and the three wheelrs are a laff... as soon as there on there side or upside down.. steward roll em over and they just carry on

But for everyhting else its a poor comparison to warton.. very poor
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2003, 16:48   #19
Roy
Administrator

yes, went to ballooning - it was fantastic, ended up flying over preston way and then to charnock richard, landed just near to camelot. got some photos, but as i don't know preston very well I mainly concentrated on the views all around... amazing!

shame about barrow then, next sunday to the figure of eight?
Old 26-10-2003, 17:10   #20
I am Banned

figure 8 sounds good.. However at gravesend day before to watch accy...so depends... 6-7 hour journey each way .. not planning on supping so should be OK if not knackered.. I aint driving.. ging on cach but still knackering..

How fars Buxton ?

Old 26-10-2003, 17:47   #21
Roy
Administrator

buxton is a bit south of manchester i think. Not to far, I think wingy is in germany or france or something and nastya goes back to moscow on friday - so i may well just be in the pub. don't know yet!!
Old 26-10-2003, 17:58   #22
I am Banned

Yeagh looks just south.. but can be decieving... bet its closer than barrow.. didnt realise it would take that long..

Going back to Moscow?  how long for?
Old 27-10-2003, 13:16   #23
I am Banned

Looks like Buxton is simm' to barrow in the viewing area.. This and many other pics show rail, gap then fence... Useless for taking pics and half the enjoyment for me is taking pics.. I wouldnt be able to get the camera out ..again  So probably wont bother and just stick to Warton... 28th Dec

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..