Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Motoring + Motorsports
Donate! Join Today

Motoring + Motorsports Talk cars, recommend garages, help with problems.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-06-2004, 15:08   #16
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: Engine required!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINGY
I mean the weekly checks! Check the oil and water.......

Weekly!!!!! Gosh, I'm horrified, that means I've missed the last 120 checks. I'd better pull my finger out, (and the dipstick)..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-06-2004, 16:55   #17
Member.

You will have to explain this one for me Lettie...

Last edited by Doug; 27-06-2004 at 18:14.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2004, 19:33   #18
Accrington Web Mascot

Actually Less - it's not because it's a guy thing that I have a glazed look about it - it's cos I may get my hands dirty, or even worse, break a nail! I didn't chose to sit on my backside in front of a computer all day as a job without some consideration!

My shoulders are still aching because you made me push the car! And I managed to graze my knee on the car at the same time! So you see - it isn't cos I'm a woman - it's just cos I'm me!
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2004, 19:51   #19
Member.

Shortstuff...I protest

Please get rid of the pig....Your much better looking than that and your don’t have a big hairy nose.
Can I also ask why a lady had to push the car?
Old 27-06-2004, 19:54   #20
mez
God Member

cos these days MEN dont come to a ladys help // been there done it //
Old 27-06-2004, 19:59   #21
Member.

I sit on my backside in front of a computer all day as a job. And I do it from home.....Best job I ever had...

But I can recognise a lady when I see one. Next time Shortstuff ring me and you can steer......
Old 27-06-2004, 22:44   #22
Senior Member+

My first car was a Mini Cooper 1969

I Blew up 5 engine's in less than 5 years, and every engine was hand built by me(brand new)

Trying to make my mini faster than a ferrari might have something to do with it

Ps- Last engine did the job 0-60 less than 5.5

So Shortstuff I know how ya feel
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 23:38   #23

Well ,after a couple of weeks of trying to find time and avoiding the bad weather, i finaly finished rebuilding the engine on the tractor (land rover)!!!!
It was decided trhat the garage was going to cost over a grand so yours truely decided to get his hands dirty(again) ((this is something that one has to get used to when owning a Land Rover)). So for £135 i managed to rebuild the engine, and tonight was the moment of truth!!!!Fortunatly the hard work paid off and the old gfirl fired firs time!! YIPEEEEEEE.
So she was treated to a wash and taken home!!
The journey from Whalley to Harwood isnt a long one but sods law struck, and the radiator blew!!!! AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
So she's off the road again!!!!!!
SOMEBODY PLLLEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSEEEEEE HELP.
Another day off work tomorrow then!!!!!!

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 07:20   #24

Isnt it cheaper to buy another Fiesta, perhaps an accident damaged one from a scrap yard?

Have you tried the yards at Altham?
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 15:39   #25
I am Band

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINGY
The journey from Whalley to Harwood isnt a long one but sods law struck, and the radiator blew!!!! AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
So she's off the road again!!!!!!
SOMEBODY PLLLEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSEEEEEE HELP.
Another day off work tomorrow then!!!!!!
Give Rishton Radiators a ring Wingy, 01254 884725. The place is on Spring Street, next to the canal. The bloke there is very helpful and reasonably priced when compared to main dealer prices. Then ring the Landrover dealer at Lomeshaye, Brierfield, to find out how much you've saved.

When I blew the rad on me 'onda, I went their for a replacement & fit it meself. I saved a packet on the price the dealers in Preston wanted.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 15:47   #26
I am Band

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff
Well I've decided I must be jinxed! I broke down in my car yesterday and thought it was just a dead battery - but of course - that would be too cheap to fix and I have just found out I've managed to sieze up the engine! Some people may know that this is the second car and second engine I've managed to go through in 6 months (the first being my dad's - opps!)
So if anyone has a Ford Fiesta engine going spare - please PM me! Meanwhile - I'm going to get really drunk and feel sorry for myself (well I'm not driving in the morning!)
If you are still trying to locate an engine for your Fiesta, this place may be worth a try:

Engine & Gearbox Replacements Ltd,
5 Moody St,
Bradford,
BD4 7BN

01274 729999

I found the address in last weeks copy of Auto Trader, I hope it can be of use

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 17:53   #27
Accrington Web Mascot

Found an engine today - for £150 and it'll cost a few rounds of drinks to persuade Less & Wingy to fit it! So definitely not more expensive than buying a new one! Hope to have her back on the road within the next couple of weeks!

By the way - it has been proven that it was my own fault cos there wasn't a drop of oil when we checked it!!!!!! I have since been told that Fiesta's do tend to go through a lot of oil - but it would have been nice if someone had mentioned that to me before!
Old 08-07-2004, 18:08   #28

A few beers sounds good to me! let me know when your ready..

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 18:46   #29
Member.

Can I help then Shortstuff.......I'll put oil in it for you for a few pints.....
Old 24-07-2004, 18:59   #30
Accrington Web Mascot

It's official - I'm now back on the road as of today - Hip Hip Hooray! Thank goodness for that cos I can't afford to keep taking buses!

So if you could just take it in turns to remind me to check the oil every now and then!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..