Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Photoshop, Digital Photography, Digital Imaging
Donate! Join Today

Photoshop, Digital Photography, Digital Imaging We're not claiming to be experts here but there is nothing wrong with a bit of user to user help!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2004, 20:30   #1
Len
God Member

Super 8mm films

Anyone know of a good way to take an image of a super 8mm film and convert it into a photo?

Last edited by Len; 09-03-2004 at 20:36.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-03-2004, 06:10   #2

Re: Super 8mm films

Len,
I would use my video camera to capture the super 8 then transfer the video to the computer and edit it there... don't know what the quality would be like though
Aussie Gobbiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 10:54   #3

I would Think that you`ll find that the image will be blurred due to the fact that it`s a moving image.
alfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 17:59   #4
Len
God Member

Ok chaps.

I've tried to scan them because my scanner will scan photo negatives but it didn't work I tried allsorts on it. Maybe I will have to get a second hand projector and try taking the image of the wall or something with a camera. Or beaming the film into a video camera without etching the video's tube/receivers or what ever. But by doing that the images will be backwards. It will probably be a complicated job.

Attached Images
File Type: gif AnimatedProjector.gif (4.9 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by Len; 05-02-2006 at 12:41.
Old 10-03-2004, 18:31   #5

Hi Len.....If you are really desperate I am in the photographic business so I can put the frame that you mark into an enlarger and make a negative and print from it, this would give the best possible quality.
The catch is you will have to send it to me in Dartford way down south but I`ll be glad to do it for you no charge!
alfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 19:30   #6
God Member

Get a video capture card, transfer the film onto your pc and then you should be able to take stills off it, not sure what the quality will be like though
K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 20:55   #7
Len
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfee
Hi Len.....If you are really desperate I am in the photographic business so I can put the frame that you mark into an enlarger and make a negative and print from it, this would give the best possible quality.
The catch is you will have to send it to me in Dartford way down south but I`ll be glad to do it for you no charge!
Thanks alfee

That's a very kind offer you have made cheers.

The thing is, I was hoping to pull quite a lot of photos from the films that I have. The trouble is I have got many feet of the stuff. I will have to go through it all to find what I am looking for.
I don't really want to start cutting up the films. So I will have to try and do it here.
I just have to workout how.
For one I'll need a second hand projector. I have seen them on car boot sales but you watch because I'm after one there won't be any, sods law

The problem is how to capture the images. Food for thought.

The photos I am after are for a web site I am working on.

Last edited by Len; 10-03-2004 at 21:17.
Old 21-10-2004, 20:53   #8
Len
God Member

I came across this link today if anyone is interested.

http://home.pacbell.net/mnyberg/super8mm/super8_13.html

http://www.moviestuff.tv/wp_xp.html

Last edited by Len; 28-01-2006 at 15:24.
Old 21-10-2004, 21:26   #9
Resident Waffler

Love your little grafic there Len.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2006, 12:29   #10
Len
God Member

If any one fancies building their very own Telecine machine, basically to transfer 8mm film to video etc then check this site out.
I’m going to give it a go myself.

http://homepage.mac.com/onsuper8/diy...rojection.html

]

Last edited by Len; 05-02-2006 at 12:41.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..