Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Music, Bands, Noise! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f92/)
-   -   Cover Versions (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f92/cover-versions-25840.html)

maxwell silver 14-11-2006 19:19

Cover Versions

We all know that about 80% of cover versions are'nt a patch on the original,but does anyone have a favourite which they think knocks spots off the original.My personal favourite is Faith No Mores cover of Midnight Cowboy.Sacrilege,you may say;but each to their own.And thinking about it,there must be thousands out there.:)

Tinkerbelle 14-11-2006 19:23

Re: Cover Versions

Yes I know a few but I'm not allowed to mention who they are by or I will have slinks and accymel run in here to rip into them then I get all defensive and cry :( lol!

maxwell silver 14-11-2006 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Yes I know a few but I'm not allowed to mention who they are by or I will have slinks and accymel run in here to rip into them then I get all defensive and cry :( lol!

Tinks,you are allowed to mention who they are by,thats the point.Sod what others think.Would slinks & accymels choices be any better than yours?Will we ever find out?:)

BLACKBURN RAVER 14-11-2006 20:10

cascada is good for cover versions ..my personal fave bein..truly madly deeply...orig by savage garden..one of my all time fave songs :D

heres the vid....
Myspace.com

flashy 14-11-2006 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER
cascada is good for cover versions ..my personal fave bein..truly madly deeply...orig by savage garden..one of my all time fave songs :D

i actually like that version, i aint much into covers but that 1 is ok :D

accymel 14-11-2006 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxwell silver
Tinks,you are allowed to mention who they are by,thats the point.Sod what others think.Would slinks & accymels choices be any better than yours?Will we ever find out?:)

Erm yes! trouble is we're subjected to it:( some 80's one two hit wonders are best staying stuck back in the 80's:p:D

Tinkerbelle 14-11-2006 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by accymel
Erm yes! trouble is we're subjected to it:( some 80's one two hit wonders are best staying stuck back in the 80's:p:D

.......... :rofl38: ..... :thefinger

accymel 14-11-2006 20:24

Quote:

.......... :rofl38: ..... :thefinger

:rofl38: are we back to signing songs again:eek: :D

shakermaker 14-11-2006 20:40

Johnny Cash - Hurt.

grannyclaret 14-11-2006 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker
Johnny Cash - Hurt.

oooooh i like him singing anything :D

Tinkerbelle 14-11-2006 20:51

:hidewall: OK, has mel left the thread? :D

I know one that shoudn't bring her running back in ;) Avril Lavignes acoustic cover of Cyndi Lauers Time afterTime is an absolute corker. I like the original but Avrils is brilliant!

Another one is Tommy Knockers - New Horizon, it's not strictly a cover it's a danced up version of John Parr's St Elmos Fire but thats a corker too :)

accymel 14-11-2006 20:58

Quote:

:hidewall: OK, has mel left the thread? :D

I know one that shoudn't bring her running back in ;) Avril Lavignes acoustic cover of Cyndi Lauers Time afterTime is an absolute corker. I like the original but Avrils is brilliant!

Another one is Tommy Knockers - New Horizon, it's not strictly a cover it's a danced up version of John Parr's St Elmos Fire but thats a corker too :)

Nope im still here hun:D

sighing a phew:D

Tinkerbelle 14-11-2006 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by accymel
Nope im still here hun:D

sighing a phew:D

I never mentioned the 'M' word ....... :D

accymel 14-11-2006 21:17

Quote: