Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2004, 16:07   #1
I am Band

80's Music Pop Quiz...

Here is a copy of a pop quiz which was doing the rounds at work. This proves why nothing productive ever comes out of a drawing office...

Name the song/artist these line came from in the 1980's

1. I put you on a pedestal, you put me on the pill - New England/Kirsty Mc Coll...Lettie
2. Had enough of you, and you super bad crew - Labour Of Love/Hue & Cry...Uncle Mick
3. Crazy sheep, you are the odd one out - Misfit/Curiosity Killed the Cat...Lettie
4. I sold your Renoir and your TV set - The Reflex/Duran Duran...Simon
5. We need protection from this infection
6. I'll never ask for more than your love - Nothings gonna Change My Love For You/Glen Medeiros...Adamski
7. It's a nice day to start again - White Wedding/Billy Idol...Wingy
8. As we move to embrace, tears run down my face - Hands To Heaven/Breathe...Adamski
9. Submarines of your dreams, not mine
10. So I'll sing you a new song, please don't cry anymore Hold Me Now/Thompson Twins...Lettie
11. He eats Cadillac's, Lincoln's too Mercury's and Subaru - Rapture/Blondie...Lettie
12. I don't find this stuff amusing anymore - You Can call Me Al/Paul simon...Savo
13. I like my toast done on one side - An Englishman In New York/Sting...Savo
14. Fly girl like me needs security - Ain't Nothing Going On But The Rent/Gwen Guthrie...Uncle Mick
15. I was half in mind, I was half in need - Shout To The Top/Style Council...Uncle Mick
16. In fact it's just another ordinary day - I Just Called To Say I Loved You/Stevie Wonder...Lettie
17. Touch your body and move in time - Into The Groove/Madonna...Lettie
18. I'll tell you that I'm happy if you want me to - Everything She Wants/Wham...Lettie
19. You make me laugh a lot and buy me silly things - Don't Break My Heart/UB 40...Uncle Mick
20. And as I sit here alone waiting for a reason to go on - Since Yesterday/Strawberry Switchblade...Lettie
21. Got a job that's OK but they got me working night and day - C'est la Vie/Robbie Neville...Adamski
22. I can't wait, til you call me on the telephone - I Can't Wait/Nu Shoes...grego
23. I hear you footsteps in the street it won't be long before we meet - Oblivious/Aztec Camera...Lettie
24. It's worse than that he's dead Jim - Star Trekin' / The Firm ...Shortstuff
25. One in a million my fantasy come true - Rain Or Shine/Five Star...Uncle Mick
26. And when your eloquence escapes me - Doo Doo Doo De Da Da da/The Police...Crossy42
27. He got no job but he got money
28. You say you love me but want success - Sign Of The Times/Belle Stars...Lettie
29. But you don't give me anything and I don't ask you - Just What I Always Wanted/Mari Wilson...Lettie
30. Inside we both know what's been going on - Seperate Lives/Phil Collins 7 Marilyn Martin...Janet
31. You tell me that you love me everyday - A.E.I.O.U./Freeze...Simon
32. I wasn't really sure what was going on - 19/Paul Hardcastle...Uncle Mick
33. Once in a while two people meet
34. And dreams are made of emotions - It's A Miracle/Culture Club...Lettie - Don't Get Me Wrong/The Pretenders...Adamski

35. And I'm so tall, I'm so tall - Living On The Ceiling/Blamange...Walrus
36. That's bad, No that's good - Theme From S'express/S'express...Savo
37. Bless my cotton socks I'm in the news - Reward/Teardrop Explodes...Walrus
38. I can see the cars in the city go rushing by - Kids in America/Kim Wilde...Crossy42
39. You can almost hear time slipping away - We Close Our Eyes/Go West...Adamski
40. You can try hard, don't mean a thing - It Ain't What You Do It's The way That You Do It/Fun Boy Three & Bananarama...Lettie
41. I just don't know, don't know, what I'm gonna do with you
42. Go on, go on and walk away, Go on, go on your choice is made
43. You're making my soul sing - Sade/Your Love Is King...lindsay ormerod
44. What can I do girl to get through to you - Say, Say, Say/Paul McCartney...Adamski
45. Being on the bottom rung sure ain't that fun - The Only Way Is Up/Yazz & The Plastic Population...Lettie
46. I've watched the world go round and round
47. I don't know the answer to that question - The Look Of Love/ABC...Crossy42
48. Slight of hand and twist of fate - With Or Without You/U2...Wingy
49. In the blink of an eye I knew her number and her name - Carribean Queen/Billy Ocean...Lettie
50. Maybe he's no Romeo - Let's hear It for The boy/Denice Williams...Uncle Mick
51. Is this song the only one you sing - Criticise/Alexander O'Neill...GoldenBallz
52. But I can't be late cos then I guess I just won't get paid - Manic Monday/The Bangles...Lettie
53. And he only hits until you cry - Luka/Suzanne Vega...Uncle Mick
54. Picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind - I Will Survive/Gloria Gaynor..Savo
55. It's another night out with the boss - Happyhour/The Housemartins...Walrus
56. It seems like yesterday we were lovers now we pass each other by - Weak In The Presence Of Beauty/Alison Moyet...Lettie
57. We're gonna find away, find away to get away
58. Looking from a window above - Only You/Yazoo...Walrus
59. Every time I think of you I shiver to the bone - Thorn In My Side/Eurythmics...Lettie
60. Your smile is mesmerising and soothes me like sweet wine
62. If it was cold she wouldn't wear much more - Raspberry Beret/Prince...Uncle Mick
63. No more working, just a lot of play
64. So wind up your jukebox - Ant Music/Adam Ant...Crossy42
65. We can't go on thinking nothings wrong - Drive/The Cars...Crossy42
66. The book of love will open up and let us sing - Broken Wings/Mr Mr...Walrus
67. That's what my heart yearns for now - Love & Pride/King...Walrus
68. They close the door but they can't lock it
69. And no message could have been any clearer - Man In The Mirror/Michael Jackson...grego
70. I don't care if you get me into trouble - Baby You're So Excitable/Amazulu...Savo
71. I'm like a boy amongst men
72. Is this really love or just a game - Tell It To My Heart/Taylor Dayne...Wingy
73. Fortunately you have found someone who relies on you - Sign Your Name/Terence Trent D'Arby...grego
74. Now there's only love in the dark - Total Eclipse Of The Heart/Bonnie Tyler...Walrus
75. Cos I'm not worth it you see - Wherever I Lay My Hat/Paul Young...Savo
76. Trying to tell the difference 'tween a lemon and lime - Senses Working Overtime/XTC...Uncle Mick
77. And the children drank lemonade - Life In A Northern Town/Dream Acadamy...lindsay ormerod
78. For you I will stand tall
79. As the tears roll from my eyes I feel the hurt inside - Trapped/Colonel Abraham...Lettie
80. Yellow, green, brown, blue, pink and black - Snooker Loopy/Chas & Dave...Lettie
81. And I'd get him to swap our places - Running Up That Hill/Kate Bush...Uncle Mick
82. And I will be your Honeybee - Sledgehammer/Peter Gabriel...Adamski
83. It's enough to drive you crazy if you let it - 9 Till 5/Dolly Parton...Lettie
84. Your world is turning from night to day - Land Of Make Believe/Bucks Fizz...Lettie
85. You better change it back or we will both be sorry - Don't you Want Me/Human League...Walrus
87. She knows how to use them - Legs/ZZ Top...Crossy42
88. Smokey, Tears of a clown, Supremes, Baby love - Tribute (Right On)/The Pasedenas...Uncle Mick
89. Don't need no credit card to ride this train - The power Of Love/Heuy Lewis & The News...Savo
90. In the moonlight, the serious moonlight - Let's Dance/David Bowie...Crossy42
91. Cos what we needs a little change of heart
92. Taking this crazy chance to be all alone
93. Guess it's something bout the things you do keeps me satisfied
94. The time has come to make or break, move on don't hesitate - Breakout/Swingout Sister...Lettie
95. All I want is little reaction - Typical Male/Tina Turner...Lettie or Brass In Pocket/The Pretenders...Uncle Mick ???
96. Like a lovers voice fires a mountainside, stay alive - In A Big Country/Big Country...Uncle Mick
97. Give a little bit of love to go - Heart And Soul/T'Pau...Uncle Mick
98. Took my time took my chances - Eye Of The Tiger/Survivor...Lettie
99. There doesn't seem to be anyone around - I Think we're Alone Now/Tiffany...Lettie
100. Sail bonnie boat like a bird on the wing - Mull Of Kintyre/Paul McCartney...Savo or The Skye Boat Song/Des O'Conner & Roger Whittaker...Uncle Mick ???
101. Who needs to go to work to hustle for another dollar
102. I've fallen in love for the first time and this time I know it's for real - I Want To Break Free/Queen...Crossy42
103. And we gave the girl a little kiss, like this - Walk This way/Aerosmith & Run DMC...Uncle Mick
104. But I don't want anything less
105. You are the one I've no resistance to
106. It boils with every poison you can think of - Road To Hell/Chris Rea...Savo
105. I don't need permission, make my own decisions - My One Temptation/Mica Paris...Lettie
106. If you don't give a heck about the man with a bible in his hand
107. Your love is so edible to me - I Eat Cannibal/Toto Coelo...Lettie
108. I can't answer, I can't answer that - When Will I Be Famous?/Bros...Shortstuff
109. He just smiled and gave me a Vegamite sandwich Down Under/Men At Work...Crossy42
110. A penny for your thoughts my dear - Lavender/Marrilion...Crossy42
111. Is you is, or is you ain't?
112. I can see a new horizon - St Elmo's Fire/John Parr...Uncle Mick
113. She's so kind and free
114. I gave my answer the only thing I could say
115. What is wrong with my life, that I must get drunk every night - Johnny Come Home/Fine Young Cannibals...Uncle Mick
116. My job is very boring I'm an office clerk - Echo Beach/Martha & The Muffins...Crossy42
117. Touch me, how can it be? - The sun Always Shines On TV/A-ha...Savo
118. Never stop the action, keep it up, keep it up - Slave To The Rhythm/Grace Jones...Adamski
119. Another kiss and you'll be mine - Addicted to Love/Robert Palmer...Adamski
120. Will that be a consolation when she's gone - Tell Her About It/Billy Joel...Lettie
121. >From the centre of the earth to the corner of the globe - Lean On me/Red Box...Uncle Mick
122. Could of told you dreams would come and go
123. No need to run or hide - Wonderful Life/Black...Adamski
124. Will you still be in love baby, because I need you tonight
125. Now I'm the kind of guy who don't believe that chivalry is dead
126. Run away, Run away, Run away, Run away, Run away - Small Town Boy/Jimmy Sommerville...Savo
127. Oh my oh my, have you seen the weather, the sweet September rain - When Love Breaks Down/Prefab Sprout...Uncle Mick
128. Wasn't it good, wasn't it fine, Isn't madness he can't be mine - I Know Him So Well/Elaine Paige & Barbera Dickinson...Savo
129. If you're lost you can look and you will find it Time After Time/Cyndi Lauper...Lettie
130. So we can be one, we can be one together - Like to Get To Know You Well/Howard Jones..Adamski
131. Oo baby baby, ba-ba-b-baby - Mama We're All Crazy Now/Slade...Savo or Push It/Salt 'N' Pepper...Uncle Mick ???
132. I wish that we could do it all again
133. Then you realise you've got nothing left to lose - The Story Of the Blues/The Mighty Wah!...Uncle Mick
134. Everybody looks and stares - Give It Up/KC And The Sunshine Band...Adamski
135. H-O-U-S-E spells House
136. I used to think that the day would never come - True Faith/New Order...Lettie
137. Why do I find it hard to write the next line - True/Spandau Ballet...Lettie
138. Your the one, the one for me Joanna/Commodores...Savo
139. So come on baby don't you move to fast
140. That's when I found out you were somebody else's lover
141. We got each other and that's a lot - Living On A Prayer/Bon Jovi...Uncle Mick
142. How does it feel when you got no food - Pass the Dutchie/Musical Youth...Lettie
143. Jump up and down and to the knees - Agadoo/Black Lace...Uncle Mick
144. I wanna watch Rembrandt paint - Dinner With Gershwin/Donna Summer...Uncle Mick
145. Boom boom chack-a-lack-a-lack-a boom - Walk The Dinosaur/Was Not Was...Lettie
147. Is he a Yankee? No I'm a Londoner - Street Tuff/Double Trouble & The Rebel MC...Uncle Mick
148. If you shake the tree too hard the bough is gonna break
149. I've give you all a boy could give you - Tainted Love/Soft Cell...Uncle Mick
150. Know what I mean? - Buffalo Stance/Nenah Cherry...Sparkologist
151. The truth is harder than the pain inside - Sometimes/Erasure...Crossy42
152. All about love and what it can do to you - A Good Heart/Fergal Sharkey...Lettie
153. We'll always be together however hard it seems - Together In Electric Dreams/Phil Oakey & Giorgio Moroder...Lettie
154. Look out boy she'll chew you up - Maneater/Hall & Oates...Crossy42
155. It's hard but when you're having fun - Band Aid/Feed The World...grego
156. Where eagles fly on a mountain high - Love Lift Us Up Where We Belong/Joe Cocker & Jennifer Warnes...Lettie
157. My whole world is tumbling down, can't get my feet on solid ground
158. With all my heart I love you baby - Sweet Love/Anita Baker...Adamski
159. Light up the sky like a flame - Fame/Irene Cara...Lettie
160. Those were the best years of my life - Summer of 69/Bryan Adams...AccyStanFan
161. You never told me you were waiting, contemplating - Hanging On A String/Loose Ends...Uncle Mick
162. And we can build this dream together - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us/Starship...grego
163. If you don't know how to do it then you're out of luck - Locomotion/Kylie Minogue...Uncle Mick
164. You don't know how to ease my pain - Cry/Godley & Creme...grego
165. I love you, well well, now and forever _ Woman/John Lennon...Lettie
166. All the lights are off and the blinds are down - Hourglass/Squeeze...Uncle Mick
167. My love has taken a plunder - Sweet Little Mystery/Wet Wet Wet...Crossy42
168. I said go if you wanna go, stay if you wanna stay - All I Need Is A Miracle/Mike ANd The Mechanics...Adamski
169. I'm talking 'bout the dollar bill - Money's Too Tight To Mention/Simply Red...Uncle Mick
170. Each night I go to bed I pray like Aretha Franklin
171. What you need, baby I got it
172. Make love your goal - The Power Of Love/Frankie Goes To Hollywood...Lettie
173. Can you hear me calling out your name - Calling Your Name/Marilyn...Uncle Mick
174. Let me take you to a place I know you wanna go - Good Life/Inner City...Adamski
175. Why should it be you and I should get along so awkwardly - People Are People/Depeche Mode...Uncle Mick
176. I shake and I shiver when I know you're near - Shake You Down/Greg Abbot...Adamski
177. You take me by the heart when you take me by the hand - Hey Mickey/Toni Basil...Lettie
178. My memory has just been sold - Centrefold/J Geils Band...Uncle Mick
179. At the age of seventeen, I was tied to a machine - Hyperactive/Thomas Dolby...Lettie
180. Out in the street there is violence - Electric Avenue/Eddie Grant...Crossy42
181. I never thought it would come to this - It Started with A Kiss/Hot Chocolate...Uncle Mick
182. Don't you rush to get older - You Can't Hurry Love/Phil Collins...Uncle Mick
183. I was looking for a job and then I found a job - Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now/Smiths...Lettie
184. Don't push me cos I'm close to the edge - The Message/Grandmaster Flash...Uncle Mick
185. To distant lands, takes both my hands - Golden Brown/The Stranglers...Uncle Mick
187. They can't take that away from me - I Am The One and only/Chesney Hawkes...Wingy
188. And I'm telling it to your face - Annie, I'm Not Your Daddy/Kid Creole & The Coconuts...Lettie
189. All we ever dream of, true love holding us together - Fantasy Island/Tight Fit...grego
190. Get your booty on the floor tonight, make my day - Pump Up The Jam/Technotronic...Uncle Mick
191. Whatsa matta you, gotta no repect - Shut Up Your face/Joe Dolce...Savo
192. Kick off your Sunday shoes - Footloose/Kenny Loggins...grego
193. I don't know anything about you baby but your everything I'm dreaming of - Deadringer For Love/Meatloaf...Lettie
194. The door is locked just you and me - Mirror In The Bathroom/The Beat...Uncle Mick
195. My baby takes the morning train - 9 To 5/Sheena Easton...Lettie
196. And you know I'm going straight for your heart - Lisence To Kill/Gladys Knight...Adamski
197. Come here my baby, Oh they can't touch you now - If I Was/Midge Ure...Uncle Mick
198. I'm a living in a cardboard box - Living In a Box/Living In A Box
199. I wanna be with you night and day, everyday - Wanna Be With You Night And Day/UB 40...Adamski
200. Your love is better than wine - Kiss Me/ Steven Tin Tin Duffy...Lettie

Please don't come running to me for answers, i only know a couple or three of 'em.
If you don't agree with the answers, shoot 'em down

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!

Last edited by Sparkologist; 28-05-2004 at 13:03.
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-04-2004, 16:28   #2
I am Banned

Re: 80's Music Pop Quiz...

ant got the foggest on 80's i will on 90's i think
Stanley4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 16:47   #3
Senior Member+

160 - Bryan adams summer of 69
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 16:47   #4
Senior Member+

24 star trekking by, err dunno
Old 08-04-2004, 16:52   #5
Senior Member+

u wanna know these or u just posting to show us?
Old 08-04-2004, 17:36   #6
Accrington Web Mascot

24 - Star Trekking by
80 - sounds abit like that rainbow song you sing at primary school!
108 - When will I be famous by Bros
128 - I know him so well by ? & ?
160 - I agree with AccyStanFan Bryan Adams - summer of '69

I can't believe how rubbish I've done on this - no one's gonna pick me for a pub quiz now!
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 17:44   #7
I am Band

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyStanFan
u wanna know these or u just posting to show us?
Your choice, you decide whether to post answers. Like i said, i know a few but nowhere near all of 'em.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Old 08-04-2004, 17:53   #8
Accrington Web Mascot

24 - Star Trekking was by The Firm
(completely unaided answer!)
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 21:00   #9
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Working on it, as I'm not bad with 80's but on call tonight so don't have much time..
1) New England - Kirsty Mc Coll
3) Misfit - Curiosity killed the cat
9) Glad it's all over - Cpt Sensible (possibly)
10 Hold me now - Howard Jones
11 ) Rapture - Blondie

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 21:08   #10
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

few more but that's all for now. Good thread though.

16) I just called to say I love you - Stevie Wonder
17) Into the groove - Madonna
18) Wham, can't remember name
23) Oblivious - Aztec Camera
24) Rain or Shine - 5 Star (now only 3)
28) Sign of the times - Belle Stars
29) Just what I always wanted - Mari Wilson
34) It's a miracle - Culture Club.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 21:11   #11
I am Band

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
few more but that's all for now. Good thread though.
Gimme medal, gimme medal...Hehehehe.

Old 08-04-2004, 21:33   #12

7) billy idol-white wedding
48) u2-with or without you
72)taylor dayne-tell it to my heart
187)Chesney Hawkes- i am the one and only

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 22:00   #13

35)blamange living on the ceiling
37)teardrop explodes reward
55)housemartins happyhour
58)yazoo only you
66)mr mr broken wings
67)king love and pride
74)bonnie tyler total eclipse of the heart
85)human league don't you want me
Old 08-04-2004, 23:14   #14

38) Kids in America-Kim Wilde
39) We close our eyes-
47) The look of love-ABC
64) Ant music-Adam and the ants
90) Lets dance-David Bowie
102) I want to break free-Queen
109) Down under-Men at work
116) Echo beach-
151) Sometimes-Erasure
154)Maneater-Hall and Oates
167) Sweet little Mystery-Wet wet wet
180) Electric avenue-Eddie Grant

Last edited by Crossy42; 09-04-2004 at 02:28.
Crossy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 23:21   #15

116)martha And The Muffins-echo Beach

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..