Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-12-2006, 15:29   #1

Cool Accy bands

The title says Accy bands, but I mean anywhere locally. I'd like to hear local bands/local music. If you have a link to where I can hear your music that would be great (providing your music is uploaded on the web). I think the only thing that would disqualify you is if you're in a cover band. You can't really call that your own music can you?

I'm very interested in up and coming bands, I just hope that there actually are some locally that don't just do covers. In my opinion, there are too many cover bands and not enough original stuff.

Regards,

Infinitus
Infinitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-12-2006, 16:25   #2

Re: Accy bands

Our links are all over this forum.
If you look round our website and myspace you`ll find our own songs to download.
I share your views on covers but the plain and simple fact is if you play something people know you`ve got 4 gigs a week on decent dosh if you play just your own stuff you play a couple a month for FA. (Believe me I`ve been doing it 30 years)To me it`s become acceptable to be covering pogues and Clash while slipping a few of our own in to be out there walking the walk rather than those pretending to be somebody from their bedrooms. I think it`s bad and crippling to real emegence that it is this way but Winkers like Cowell and Waterman have the public brainwashed into being spoonfed sugar coated shyte, regurgitated over and over.
The way you play your covers makes a difference too, some people simply copy the originals unfortunately ours are begger all like them.

You`ll find some links to other bands on our site and myspace friends I can`t be R sed rooting `em out to paste up here.
Thanks for your interest.
Cheers
LUV
Z

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2006, 16:54   #3

Cool Re: Accy bands

I can understand where you're coming from with the covers, especially as long as 30 years ago. I think what I missed in my point was that it's not really neccessary for producers to do covers these days. Obviously, even the biggest bands around do covers, especially at gigs. I think my main gripe is people writing covers and releasing them as remixes. It just is talentless to take someone else's song and reproduce it, IMHO. I'm sure you'll agree.

I'm just giving your stuff on myspace a listen now, I'll let you know what I think,

Regards,

Infinitus
Old 19-12-2006, 17:12   #4

Cool Re: Accy bands

Cool tracks on Myspace, not the usual thing I'd listen to, but I can appreciate any kind of music. Some of the lyrics are hilarious Your experience definitely comes out in the music. Very nice stuff

Most people think i'm a talentless moron, but at least I try. I've personally been producing about 5 years, well trying to anyway. I'm not sure if my music is your cuppa tea.

The link to my myspace is: http://www.myspace.com/theunsignedexperience

I'd add you, but i'm unsure whether you'd want me on your friendlist

Regards,

Infinitus
Old 19-12-2006, 17:20   #5
God Member

from my experience celtic cross are bloody hilarious, especially when your camping up pickup bank with them....thats what i call entertainment
Old 19-12-2006, 17:45   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
from my experience celtic cross are bloody hilarious, especially when your camping up pickup bank with them....thats what i call entertainment
I never realised I`d done that with you.
I wonder how many of these other user names I actually know.

www.panjenix.co.uk
Old 19-12-2006, 17:52   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
I never realised I`d done that with you.
I wonder how many of these other user names I actually know.

i havent been there the last 2 years, was there the first year you did it. i'm a mate of craigs, your one and only loyal supporter
Old 19-12-2006, 17:53   #8
God Member

The Bollocks

Hello, Mayfair

Tom Hyatt & The Firebrats

May not be your thing but they're from my 6th form & I think they're pretty good.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2006, 18:01   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
i havent been there the last 2 years, was there the first year you did it. i'm a mate of craigs, your one and only loyal supporter
That`s Craigs Mum

www.panjenix.co.uk
Old 19-12-2006, 18:02   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
That`s Craigs Mum

ann's a case aint she
Old 19-12-2006, 18:06   #11

Hopefully she`ll make the Stanley Gig this time

www.panjenix.co.uk
Old 19-12-2006, 18:08   #12
God Member

does craig know about it? i had to tell him about the gig in clayton the other week
Old 19-12-2006, 18:25   #13

I`m pretty sure cos they picked up gig lists there.
And helped pushing the van off.

www.panjenix.co.uk
Old 19-12-2006, 18:27   #14
God Member

lol i'll remind him just in case
Old 19-12-2006, 19:25   #15

Well after that breif chinwag with Flashytart, Back on topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinitus View Post
I'd add you, but i'm unsure whether you'd want me on your friendlist
Not sure why you think that. I had a listen to your stuff and it`s not really my cup of tea, but that wouldn`t stop me being your myspace friend, Crikey I`ve got Walsall fans as friends.
I like Fruity Loops as well but do most backings in Cubase. My electronica is not finished products, merely the base on which to layer 2 LIVE performers. I love "Big Bag" one of the user demos in FL6 have you heard it ?

Have a look at these guys
http://www.myspace.com/actionbombsquad
They`re really cool and still very young

Go down to the Attic in Accrington for young and happening bands, I`m to old to carry me friggin gear up there.

LoL
Z

www.panjenix.co.uk

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..