Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2011, 17:01   #1
God Member

Adele

This girl has the most beautiful voice i've heard in a long time, she's been around for a couple of years now and she just keeps getting better, just got her new cd 'Adele 21'...and i love it

have a listen to this track off the Album and let me know what you think

Last edited by flashy; 13-03-2011 at 17:05. Reason: cos i can
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-03-2011, 17:08   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Adele

Brilliant Shaz.....I also love her version of 'Make you Feel My love' and Rolling in the Deep.
She has a superb voice, and you can hear what she is singing about.
Good choice!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2011, 17:10   #3
God Member

she's great live too Marg, not many 'singers' are nowadays
Old 13-03-2011, 17:13   #4
Beacon of light

I'd love to see her live Shaz......her voice gives me goosebumps.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2011, 18:14   #5
Full Member+

She guested on Graeme Norton's Radio 2 show last week. Sang a couple of numbers and came across as a real, unpretentious, down to earth lass. Apparently she live's near Norton and pops in to chat and have coffee with him quite regularly. Am not a particular fan of Graeme, but he does seem to interview well on this particular Saturday morning slot. Have both her albums on i-pod.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2011, 19:47   #6
Senior Member+

Just got 21 its top notch,am a fan of good singer song writers , Kt tunstall ,Ray la montaigne ,also worth a mention the brilliant seasick steve
Old 14-03-2011, 13:25   #7
God Member

Now I`ll be honest with you , this isn`t really my type of bag, but every so often a voice comes along thats stops you in your tracks, this happened to me a couple of years ago with the track `Hometown Glory`....superb, then it all went quiet on the Adele front until the absolute show stopping performance of `Someone Like You` and the release of 21 just prior, Its no wonder she is currently the biggest selling artist in the world at the moment.......and i`m glad i just managed to get some tickets for one of her Manchester gigs before Adele Mania started...............
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2011, 18:13   #8
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Brilliant Shaz.....I also love her version of 'Make you Feel My love'
She has a superb voice, and you can hear what she is singing about.
Good choice!
its the most beautiful song,,,i have it on my i pod about 4 times,,,,along with Russell Watsons Curuso
Old 14-03-2011, 23:52   #9
God Member

Have to agree with everything thats been said, yes she has the most hypnotic voice and you can't fail to stop and listen, although if on motorway then not a good idea to stop

And Stumped, she is also a good friend of Alan Carr, funny she should say in one interview that she finds it difficult to meet men

hmmm it will be if you are always round gay men's gaffs lol, although they do make great mates

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011, 12:11   #10

She's got a really good voice; not all of her stuff is to my taste but I do really like 'Rolling In The Deep' and 'Hometown Glory'. Her live performance of 'Someone Like You" was probably the best I've ever seen at the Brits. She was in the news recently for achieving a sales record - "Adele is the first living artist to achieve the feat of two top five hits in both the Official Singles Chart and the Official Albums Chart simultaneously since The Beatles in 1964".

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Just got 21 its top notch,am a fan of good singer song writers , Kt tunstall ,Ray la montaigne ,also worth a mention the brilliant seasick steve
Walkinman - Did you ever see 'Songwriters' Circle' on BBC 4? It's still repeated late some nights. Had Ray Lamontagne, KT Tunstall, Fran Healy and David Gray amongst others doing some bare bones acoustic sets. I think it's been removed from iPlayer now, but there are still some clips here. KT Tunstall's 'Black Horse And The Cherry Tree' is top notch as an acoustic performance - .
Pudwoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011, 18:57   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudwoppa View Post
She's got a really good voice; not all of her stuff is to my taste but I do really like 'Rolling In The Deep' and 'Hometown Glory'. Her live performance of 'Someone Like You" was probably the best I've ever seen at the Brits. She was in the news recently for achieving a sales record - "Adele is the first living artist to achieve the feat of two top five hits in both the Official Singles Chart and the Official Albums Chart simultaneously since The Beatles in 1964".

Walkinman - Did you ever see 'Songwriters' Circle' on BBC 4? It's still repeated late some nights. Had Ray Lamontagne, KT Tunstall, Fran Healy and David Gray amongst others doing some bare bones acoustic sets. I think it's been removed from iPlayer now, but there are still some clips here. KT Tunstall's 'Black Horse And The Cherry Tree' is top notch as an acoustic performance - .
Yep i am glad to say i did see that program ,it was top quality.It went to show what good singers can do live, not like some of these plastic pop munchkins these days whose voices sound like somebody dragging a fender up a back if they are asked to sing live.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..