Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-12-2011, 13:10   #16
I am Banned

Re: Christmas Number One singles...

Groove sees that 5 of the last 6 xmas number 1's are from the X Factor phenominom...Groove thinks this is a loada crap.
groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-12-2011, 13:43   #17
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove View Post
Groove sees that 5 of the last 6 xmas number 1's are from the X Factor phenominom...Groove thinks this is a loada crap.
Susie totally agrees with Groove...
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2011, 14:51   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove View Post
I agree with you, it shows that X-factor is the new Top of the Pops and shows that if you got a prime time TV slot and you play music on it that music will get in the charts and number 1 everytime - this is because Simon Cowell is controlling the media.

I'm put off most Christmas records as the TV shows that play them are always presented by celebrities like Jedward (Bevis and Butthead) though Noddy Holders alright!

Last edited by kestrelx; 17-12-2011 at 14:57.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 13:52   #19
God Member

I wonder what will be this year's No.1 single. I was expecting it would be a walkover for the X-Factor winner, as it seems to have been for the last few years...seems I may be wrong.

Heard about The Military Wives choir this morning on SKY news -the song hasn't been aired in Italy but I have had a listen on Youtube -it has all the ingredients of the winner -"feelgood", "tugs at the heartstrings" video - good singing from a competent choir and it has a Xmassy feel. The hint of mischief in the lead-singer's tattoos just stops it being too goody-goody as well!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 15:14   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
I wonder what will be this year's No.1 single.
Bet it aint this un.
Old 20-12-2011, 15:24   #21
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Bet it aint this un.
Should be!
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 15:38   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
I wonder what will be this year's No.1 single. I was expecting it would be a walkover for the X-Factor winner, as it seems to have been for the last few years...seems I may be wrong.

Heard about The Military Wives choir this morning on SKY news -the song hasn't been aired in Italy but I have had a listen on Youtube -it has all the ingredients of the winner -"feelgood", "tugs at the heartstrings" video - good singing from a competent choir and it has a Xmassy feel. The hint of mischief in the lead-singer's tattoos just stops it being too goody-goody as well!
It was on Hotmail news that Simon Cowell had already congratulated the Military Wives as the sales so far suggest massive swing for them away from the X-factor single - so hopefully it will remain that way and it won't be the X-factor.
Old 20-12-2011, 18:18   #23

The Military Wives choir, love this song, but can't listen to it without crying.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 15:21   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
The Military Wives choir, love this song, but can't listen to it without crying.
Well on the chart show last night they were saying that Little Mix have the Christmas Number 1 which is true because the next chart is actually on Sunday evening which makes it still Christmas - so the song that is Number 1 then will be like the 2nd one, it's because the way Christmas falls on the Sunday...

I might release a version of this next year...

Last edited by kestrelx; 21-12-2011 at 15:30.
Old 21-12-2011, 21:21   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Merry Christmas Kestrel x, don't give up yer day job.
Old 21-12-2011, 21:33   #26

Blimey, Kestrel. What can I say? Merry Christmas!
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..