Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2012, 09:26   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Davy Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
You really are a ...........
Why don't you just Monkee off.

Rip Davy, used to watch the show as well. Great music.
No wonder he had a heart attack in bed - have you seen his wife, half his age.

The Monkees' Davy Jones has a third wife half his age and is happiest he's ever been | Mail Online

The Monkees were a manufactured pop band, the first boy band - and you know Bay City Rollers were influenced by their music.

Davy had a good life and died in his sleep. I quote from Mike Nesmith;

Nesmith offered a lengthy, spiritual tribute. “David’s spirit and soul live well in my heart, among all the lovely people, who remember with me the good times, and the healing times, that were created for so many, including us,” he wrote. “I have fond memories. I wish him safe travels.”
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-03-2012, 11:28   #17
Full Member+

The Blackburn group with the number one hit was The Four Pennies with Juliette .
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 15:28   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
You really are a ...........
Why don't you just Monkee off.

Rip Davy, used to watch the show as well. Great music.
No respect for the dead! Who said it?
Old 01-03-2012, 17:14   #19
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
No respect for the dead! Who said it?
Well I am saying it about you.
You first make accusations about Sir Jimmy Saville, then you have a dig at Frank Carson with 'frank who?' now last night you posted this, on the legalise drug thread
'I've just done a search and it appears the Monkee's were involved in the drugs scene of the 60's in LA! i.e LSD - cannabis - cocaine!

How Does it Feel to Be One of the BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE?'

Yet you act supprised and hurt when you are told your a prat.

Well you are.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 17:45   #20

Davy Jones was my first love when I was twelve years old and had his pictures plastered all over my bedroom wall. I saw him a few years ago in Accrington town centre, but I was with my son and he dragged me away because he was embarrassed that I wanted to speak to him!
It's sad that he's died at such a young age, even though I don't listen to The Monkees any more, I'll always remember him very fondly.
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 17:56   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
RIP. Because Davy Jones was an established pop singer, another David Jones changed his name to David Bowie. Back to Davy: I remember going into Mary's Music to buy Last Train To Clarksville and I'm A Believer, two excellent songs that have stood the test of time.
The Monkees have been getting a lot of air play on the radio today. Classic pop songs that put a lot of today's music in the shade.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 18:08   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
The Monkees have been getting a lot of air play on the radio today. Classic pop songs that put a lot of today's music in the shade.
Ya can say that again Michael, I hate GBH of the inner ear from todays offerings
Old 01-03-2012, 19:46   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Well I am saying it about you.
You first make accusations about Sir Jimmy Saville, then you have a dig at Frank Carson with 'frank who?' now last night you posted this, on the legalise drug thread
'I've just done a search and it appears the Monkee's were involved in the drugs scene of the 60's in LA! i.e LSD - cannabis - cocaine!

How Does it Feel to Be One of the BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE?'

Yet you act supprised and hurt when you are told your a prat.

Well you are.

Truth hurts and that 's not in your comments about me but the issues you are pointing out!

So there were accusations about Jimmy Savil, Frank Carson "yeh who!" so what? Also the Monkees did take drugs! Whether Davy took any I don't know? But why cover up the truth?
Old 01-03-2012, 19:52   #24
JFT96

Whatever you say.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 20:00   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Truth hurts and that 's not in your comments about me but the issues you are pointing out!

So there were accusations about Jimmy Savil, Frank Carson "yeh who!" so what? Also the Monkees did take drugs! Whether Davy took any I don't know? But why cover up the truth?
You have such a fixation on illegal substances,bringing them up whenever you can- is that because you have a problem with withdrawal symptoms?
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:07   #26

I used to love watching the Monkees as a kid. Time has proved they had great music and really talented people, even though it was a manufactured group. But it was part of the sixties and captured the sixties well.

I have visited Accrington - a great little town. I went in search of another great singer from there, Jon Anderson of Yes. Accrington can be proud that some of the best music of the 20th century came out of there in Close to the Edge and Awaken. I wonder if Jon and Davy ever met in Accrington before being famous?

Very sad to lose a great showman Davy Jones.
Ian Joyner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:39   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
You have such a fixation on illegal substances,bringing them up whenever you can- is that because you have a problem with withdrawal symptoms?
He is a withdrawal symptom Gordon
Old 02-03-2012, 22:45   #28

My dad phoned me last night to ask me if I remember being about eleven or twelve and finding out Davy's sister's address. My friend and me got the bus from Blackburn to Church, trailed ourselves up Dill Hall Lane to the house and knocked on the door. The husband answered and had a stack of photos of Davy Jones on the windowsill, he gave us one, said "Thank you girls" and shut the door - they must have been totally sick of it! And I was in so much trouble for invading their privacy when my dad found out, looking back quite rightly so but I couldn't see what the problem was at the time! First love!
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 22:49   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
He is a withdrawal symptom Gordon
I would say he is actually a good reason FOR withdrawal
Old 03-03-2012, 09:07   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
I would say he is actually a good reason FOR withdrawal

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..