Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree16Likes
  • 3 Post By MoreJoe
  • 1 Post By ray honda
  • 3 Post By Bob Dobson
  • 2 Post By Michael1954
  • 1 Post By Michael1954
  • 3 Post By MoreJoe
  • 1 Post By Wynonie Harris
  • 2 Post By cashman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-10-2017, 14:56   #1

Fats Domino

Fats Domino rests on Blueberry Hill.
Ain't That a Shame.
R.I.P,
MoreJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-10-2017, 21:16   #2
Super Moderator

Re: Fats Domino

R.I.P. Fats...one of the true greats of Rock 'n' Roll.
Old 26-10-2017, 12:26   #3
Junior Member+

Unhappy Re: Fats Domino

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreJoe View Post
Fats Domino rests on Blueberry Hill.
Ain't That a Shame.
R.I.P,
No more walking to New Orleans.R.I.P.
Bob Dobson likes this.
ray honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2017, 16:23   #4
Senior Member+

As much as I like Fats Domino, I feel that his predecessor, Thomas Fats Waller should be mentioned alongside him. He was a giant of the jazz genre and a much finer pianist. If you haven't heard of him - look him up and try to listen to his playing and singing. I was asked to post this by my very good friend the milkman
Jim Procter, DonaldH and ray honda like this.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 14:30   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
As much as I like Fats Domino, I feel that his predecessor, Thomas Fats Waller should be mentioned alongside him. He was a giant of the jazz genre and a much finer pianist. If you haven't heard of him - look him up and try to listen to his playing and singing. I was asked to post this by my very good friend the milkman
The only connection between the two is they had the same nickname, Fats, and they both played the piano. One was from the world of jazz and the other was of the rock and roll generation, so can you really compare them?

RIP Fats Domino.
Wynonie Harris and cashman like this.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 10:40   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
The only connection between the two is they had the same nickname, Fats, and they both played the piano. One was from the world of jazz and the other was of the rock and roll generation, so can you really compare them?

RIP Fats Domino.
I'm not setting out to compare them, Michael, rather I want to bring Fats Waller to notice. I ain't misbehavin'
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 14:17   #7

Quote:
I'm not setting out to compare them, Michael, rather I want to bring Fats Waller to notice. I ain't misbehavin'
"A much finer pianist" sounds like a comparison to me, Bob. It could be argued that ANY classical music pianist is a finer pianist than either of the two Fats, but I thought this thread was about the recent death of Fats Domino.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 14:42   #8

Each to his own taste but Fats Waller was a Jazz pianist who died before I was born. Fats Domino was a game changer who helped bring in the wave of Rock and Roll. I was fortunate enough to see Fats live a couple of times, once in concert and once in a little Gin Mill in New Orleans. He was a great entertainer whatever the venue and always left his audience smiling, laughing, singing along and generally having a great time. He was a very humble man who played little bars and clubs in New Orleans because he did not like to tour and get too far away from his favorite Cajun cooking. In spite of that he sold a huge number of records in his time with the available technology. He probably got cheated out of a lot of his royalties like many of the early rockers. God Rest His Soul.
MoreJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2017, 09:59   #9
Super Moderator

Quote:
It's somewhat disrespectful to hijack a simple RIP thread for a recently-departed performer to push your own musical preferences. If you like Fats Waller, then go and start your own thread about him. Very bad form indeed.
Alan Gilmartin likes this.
Old 30-10-2017, 14:56   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

As far as i'm concerned this thread is about the great Fats Domino's end, nowt else. R.I.P.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..